Page 185 of 277 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2764

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 110 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Walach View Post
    calm down guys, stop making it like you have never heard about setup so bad that it wilfuly shifts one gear up where others dont
    First of all the driver picks the set up, so how are the engineers making it so bad? Use a bit of common sense before chatting.

Liked 585 Times in 308 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    So since this year's lost for them, what do they do for 2023 (assuming they continue), keep Oliver in the 3rd car? bring in Suninen? I mean, Sordo did say last year he wanted to retire at the end of this year, looks like a pickle, if they're interested in getting their title back.
    Solberg in the first car, Suninen or Mikkelsen top candidates for the second. JMO

Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    Man alive, where did you get a conspiracy theory like that from?
    Well, from some close to the team, to say.

But i don't understand why, if you want to get rid of someone, just terminate the contract.

But i don't see an obvious candidate to step in at the 3.seat?
    Have the new teamboss a favorite outside the team?

This is just what i heard, but it is written as a question, is it at all something in it?
    If Oliver is out after ypres, we probably know its something in it.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 86 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Cmon if you know the car is not for your liking you don't go full crazy to the first corner. You know he was basically the only one who approached the corner in the 4th gear?
    Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    First of all the driver picks the set up, so how are the engineers making it so bad? Use a bit of common sense before chatting.
    My comment was an attempt at a joke, but apparently poor one :/

5. Likes: becher (9th August 2022),cali (9th August 2022),lancia037 (10th August 2022),pantealex (10th August 2022)
    Liked 650 Times in 312 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Walach View Post
    My comment was an attempt at a joke, but apparently poor one :/
    It was a good one.

I got it.

Even the slightest of view of the on-board camera shows that there was zero 'snap' of the car that put him off. He was in the wrong gear for God's sake....

He messed up in an inexcusable manner and cost the team dearly.

7. Likes: becher (9th August 2022),cali (9th August 2022),Corcaíoch (9th August 2022),lancia037 (10th August 2022),pantealex (10th August 2022),steve.mandzij (9th August 2022)
    Liked 392 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    I heard oliver had to use Neuville's set-up, that don't suit him, in Finland and croatia, thats the reason the car is "tail-happy".

Heard something about this "philosophy" was used to get rid of Mikkelsen and Paddon back in the days, make them look slow and crash-prones so they don't have good results to defend theire places in the team.

Is Hyundai trying to sabotage Olivers carriere? Or just get him out of the team?

Sordo don't want to many rallies, who else can they put into their car?

Yeah right....you sabotage a third of your entry because you don't like those guys, but you pay them big money regardless. Think for a moment, no one would be that stupid!

9. Likes: pantealex (10th August 2022)
    Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    I heard oliver had to use Neuville's set-up, that don't suit him, in Finland and croatia, thats the reason the car is "tail-happy".

Heard something about this "philosophy" was used to get rid of Mikkelsen and Paddon back in the days, make them look slow and crash-prones so they don't have good results to defend theire places in the team.

Is Hyundai trying to sabotage Olivers carriere? Or just get him out of the team?

Sordo don't want to many rallies, who else can they put into their car?

lol, here we go again with the Neuville-bashing pro-Mikkelsen fantasy posts to find excuses on why Mikkelsen was sacked after his poor Hyundai stint...

11. Likes: Augury (9th August 2022),cali (9th August 2022),steve.mandzij (9th August 2022)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    lol, here we go again with the Neuville-bashing pro-Mikkelsen fantasy posts to find excuses on why Mikkelsen was sacked after his poor Hyundai stint...
    ..and Paddon and Loeb. They all suddenly forgot how to drive. Loeb won the last rally in previous team (Catalunya 2018) and first in next (Monte 2022).

Some guys see Mikkelsen mentioned among 3 other drivers (Paddon and Solberg here) and go full retard. Back to the topic...

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    ... on topic:

Every team has a limited number of resources. Be it money, people/hours or homologation jokers.

At some point things get prioritized.

When a driver is winning/taking podiums with the car the teams rarely prioritize using resources on a driver that struggles in a few rallies. Sometimes even out of fear of making the car worse for the driver that brings results. (Ex. Changing the car for Loeb while Neuville is winning with it).

Other examples are Lappi at Toyota 2018, Lappi again at Citroen 2019 (says it took the team half a year to finally make a diff he wanted, for sure was different for Ogier).

I don't believe anyone is doing this "on purpose" to get rid of a driver. But when asked to prioritize there clearly will be multiple levels and there can be personal reasons too.

Right now for example Hyundai would surely prioritize making the car good for Tanak, instead of making changes for Solberg. No need to "want to get rid of Solberg" for that.

Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Don't shoot the Messenger, i just wrote what i has been told from a realible source, and asked question if that is possible.

I want the best drivers in the best possible tool to go as fast as possible. WRC is nowere near that these days.

Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport