Page 189 of 201 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2006

Thread: Hyundai WRT

  1. #1881
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    15
    Like
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Marshall doesnt fit into the car
    Is he too Tall or why?

  2. #1882
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Posts
    15
    Like
    0
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Anyone hear the Dirtfish podcast where they back Solberg's driving talent with reference to his speed at a young age in a 600hp RX car. And also in the high-spec Subaru WRX STI on his first experience of American rallies ?

    He clearly has a big talent and I cant see him taking a step back from Rally 1. Small mistakes are punished hard at this level and look how many mistakes even the mighty Tanak made over the years before he became the finished article...
    didn't Tanak take a step back in 2013 and 2014 to Subaru and fiesta r5 and it helped him a lot

  3. Likes: AnttiL (10th August 2022),cali (10th August 2022),meh (10th August 2022),pantealex (10th August 2022),steve.mandzij (10th August 2022),TWRC (10th August 2022)
  4. #1883
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,428
    Like
    326
    Liked 3,430 Times in 1,827 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    to me, best way for hiunday would be to make a satellite "monster energy" team with Solberg family running it, 1 car for oliver development without pressure and maybe another one for paying youngsters.
    Main team with 3rd car free for rotating even 10 drivers if they fit.
    Agree, full season with 4th Rally1 like Katsuta the last 2 years should work if they insist on Rally1 or full season (not just 7 Events) in Rally2.


    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Anyone hear the Dirtfish podcast where they back Solberg's driving talent with reference to his speed at a young age in a 600hp RX car. And also in the high-spec Subaru WRX STI on his first experience of American rallies ?

    He clearly has a big talent and I cant see him taking a step back from Rally 1. Small mistakes are punished hard at this level and look how many mistakes even the mighty Tanak made over the years before he became the finished article...
    I hear it over and over again how driving around a small circuit in RX car shows he "can handle it". Lately I tend to agree with what other people wrote. That RX-mindset with full push every corner is actually a disadvantage at this point. He has shown he has top speed over a stage or a few sections, it's the balance of keeping less than 100% speed over multiple stages that is the problem.

    Tanak and Evans were both kicked from WRC to R5 (or even "out" for Tanak) at MSport. They came back stronger, so I don't buy the "step back". Oliver only ever won a single rally in R5 on WRC level (Estonia 2020) and a single ERC rally (Liepaja 2020). So it's not like there is nothing to learn.

  5. Likes: AnttiL (10th August 2022),cali (10th August 2022),Eli (10th August 2022),TWRC (11th August 2022)
  6. #1884
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,630
    Like
    0
    Liked 900 Times in 500 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I hear it over and over again how driving around a small circuit in RX car shows he "can handle it". Lately I tend to agree with what other people wrote. That RX-mindset with full push every corner is actually a disadvantage at this point. He has shown he has top speed over a stage or a few sections, it's the balance of keeping less than 100% speed over multiple stages that is the problem.
    Indeed. We've seen kubica and raikkonen, they were used to even faster and more powerfull cars but they never made it to the top level in rallying.

    Driving 5 corners 100 times requires a very different skillset than driving 1000 corners 2 times.

  7. Likes: AnttiL (10th August 2022),pantealex (10th August 2022),WRC1 (11th August 2022)
  8. #1885
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    165
    Like
    166
    Liked 119 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Anyone hear the Dirtfish podcast where they back Solberg's driving talent with reference to his speed at a young age in a 600hp RX car. And also in the high-spec Subaru WRX STI on his first experience of American rallies ?

    He clearly has a big talent and I cant see him taking a step back from Rally 1. Small mistakes are punished hard at this level and look how many mistakes even the mighty Tanak made over the years before he became the finished article...
    Driving an RX car says nothing about the talent. That is the usual unscientific BS Dirtfish puts out every now and then. Every top rally driver should be able to handle a RX car around a RX circuit with one hand tied behind his back.

  9. Likes: AnttiL (10th August 2022),cali (10th August 2022),Corcaíoch (12th August 2022),pantealex (10th August 2022),steve.mandzij (10th August 2022),TWRC (11th August 2022),WRC1 (11th August 2022)
  10. #1886
    Senior Member Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,007
    Like
    2,287
    Liked 1,063 Times in 624 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/hyund...focus-to-2023/

    Not anything new really, I think Moncet mentioned that last week when he was interviewed by Dirtfish that they're now focusing on getting the car ready for 2023.
    If in doubt, flat out!

  11. #1887
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    16,806
    Like
    3,144
    Liked 8,085 Times in 4,281 Posts
    Replies re Solberg's speed in an RX car may be fair enough, but what about himi n the ARC in a top Subaru ?

    I dont think the problem is that he 'cant handle' a Rally1 car.

  12. #1888
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    165
    Like
    166
    Liked 119 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Replies re Solberg's speed in an RX car may be fair enough, but what about himi n the ARC in a top Subaru ?

    I dont think the problem is that he 'cant handle' a Rally1 car.
    He can handle a Rally1 car for sure, but he definitely can't handle the Rally1 competition.

    In all honesty, we ask for more Rally1 seats, but there are only 10-15 people in this world which would be "good enough" anyway.

  13. #1889
    Senior Member Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,007
    Like
    2,287
    Liked 1,063 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    He can handle a Rally1 car for sure, but he definitely can't handle the Rally1 competition.

    In all honesty, we ask for more Rally1 seats, but there are only 10-15 people in this world which would be "good enough" anyway.
    We ask for more Rally1 cars which in turn bring more seats but if we had let's say 12 cars in each event from 4 manufacturers I think we'd be in the sweet spot IMHO.
    If in doubt, flat out!

  14. #1890
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,880
    Like
    8,174
    Liked 9,494 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Replies re Solberg's speed in an RX car may be fair enough, but what about himi n the ARC in a top Subaru ?
    What does that prove? The Subaru is a completely different car and the level of competition in ARA is different. When the ARA top guys come to WRC, they can hardly get into top 10.

  15. Likes: Allez Andruet (13th August 2022),cali (12th August 2022),dimviii (12th August 2022),pantealex (12th August 2022)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •