Page 187 of 279 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2790

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 39 Times in 19 Posts
    Of course Oliver will have a Full season in wrc2 there is still a lot of money behind him. One thing i dont understand is that nowdays everyone is in such a rush to rally 1 cars before even gettin results in rally 2 (solberg/Fourmaux) not everyone can be like Rovanperä. Huttunen, Suninen and Mikkelsen are much better and reliable options in my opinion. Now solberg and Fourmaux have cost a lot of money in destroyed cars and no result to show for it

2. Likes: cali (9th August 2022),skarderud (9th August 2022)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Sorry for stirring such a mess guys, was just curious if anyone here knows/knew what could their line-up look like for next year, because imho keeping young Solberg in the third car doesn't make much sense atm.
    Sordo + Suninen if they can convince Sordo to keep going.

They might try to get Evans (how long is his contract?), who doesn't seem very happy at Toyota atm.

If none of these work out they are in trouble.

Paddon might get some chance after he has shown he can fight with top WRC2 guys (might happen).

4. Likes: cali (9th August 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galev62 View Post
    One thing i dont understand is that nowdays everyone is in such a rush to rally 1 cars before even gettin results in rally 2 (solberg/Fourmaux) not everyone can be like Rovanperä.
    Thing is that Solberg and Fourmaux are trying to be better than Rovanpera. He could beat anyone in R5 and got WRC2 title before moving.

Best thing for oliver in my opinion now would be to stop rally for few months and only drive rallycross so he can start enjoy driving again. Second thing is that Petter and Pernilla need to be banned from where ever he is driving. One thing that could help is personal mental and physical coach from hintsa (same that f1 drivers use). Also the reality tv and everything needs to be stopped around him and make him only focus on improving himself. Next season fully in rally 2 with good testing and no surrounding pressure and factors. He is talented and last time we saw it was in 2019 with polo r5 . And mayby little bit in artic rally.

7. Likes: WRC1 (9th August 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Galev62 View Post
    Best thing for oliver in my opinion now would be to stop rally for few months and only drive rallycross so he can start enjoy driving again. Second thing is that Petter and Pernilla need to be banned from where ever he is driving. One thing that could help is personal mental and physical coach from hintsa (same that f1 drivers use). Also the reality tv and everything needs to be stopped around him and make him only focus on improving himself. Next season fully in rally 2 with good testing and no surrounding pressure and factors. He is talented and last time we saw it was in 2019 with polo r5 . And mayby little bit in artic rally.
    I meant 2020 with the polo

Liked 110 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Maybe the last part wasn't perfectly clear.

What I meant that if for example after Estonia Tanak doesn't like something on the car and Solberg doesn't like something else and the team only has time to look on one of those things, it is perfectly clear that they will look at the issue bothering Tanak.

That said I also disagree with what you write here. I really doubt Tanaks input during car development had same impact as Solbergs.

(none of this above explains why Solberg keeps doing the stupid things he does)
    Thing is these things are data driven, i can give you plenty examples but it would give away some stuff (insert wink here)

With regards to your last comment, see above.

Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Sorry for stirring such a mess guys, was just curious if anyone here knows/knew what could their line-up look like for next year, because imho keeping young Solberg in the third car doesn't make much sense atm.
    Ogier back to pair up with Neuville.

And a shared car with Suninen and Sordo.

Liked 399 Times in 210 Posts
    Suninen should have been in the car in the first place. Someone how fought for a podium in only his second start in a 17 spec car surly has more potential than what we saw in 2021.

Well he was in the car in Monza 2021, wasn't rally impressive.
    But then again it was in the old tricky tarmac car (and by that time Solberg was already announced with Sordo in 3rd car).

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    I also think suninnen is the most obvious one, but is paddon a posibility? Close ties to Hyundai, but that's local importer?

Just hope Oliver can have a season in the WRC2 and not completely out.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Oliver is a talent, no doubt about it. He needs to gain experience and develop his skills and mental strength. Rally2 for 2 seasons in a i20.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk