Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135 LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1343

Thread: Hyundai WRT

  1. #1331
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,118
    Like
    5,248
    Liked 6,420 Times in 2,775 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Keeping Breen for Ypres.
    I would have picked Sordo for Turkey...
    Last edited by AnttiL; 25th August 2020 at 11:28.

  2. #1332
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v s k y l
    Posts
    3,163
    Like
    13,613
    Liked 1,672 Times in 818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I would have picked Sordo for Turkey...
    Breen for me, to get him higher in standings (road order, you know)

    But Im happy now with Loeb, maybe not so happy after rally
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  3. #1333
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,552
    Like
    266
    Liked 2,065 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I would have picked Sordo for Turkey...
    Sordo was the clearly best pick indeed, drove it last year and is consistently fast on slow gravel.
    Loeb drove fast on gravel on friday in Spain last year, but his lead was due to his performance on the tarmac stages driven with gravel tires. Before that in Portugal he was not very fast. Maybe Loeb's contract has something to do with it?

    Suggesting picking Breen and risking a good result just to (possibly) get a 1-2 cars (if even that) better road position for a next tarmac rally that might not even take place is slightly insane.

    All in all, until rally Australia last year Hyundai driver choices always seemed mostly logical. But since then every second rally they are head-scratching weird and not paying off either.

  4. #1334
    Senior Member er88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,354
    Like
    1,910
    Liked 1,400 Times in 686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Keeping Breen for Ypres.
    We will probably see Breen AND Sordo in Ypres in the WRC car .

    The championships will both most likely be decided there and for the drivers championship, having a 4th car could help Neuville/ Tanak by taking extra points off Ogier/Evans.

    Loeb won't do Ypres, he has been majorly against doing Germany since his return to the championship due to running on dirty roads.

    Breen - Estonia
    Loeb - Turkey
    Sordo - Sardinia
    Breen & Sordo - Ypres.
    Last edited by er88; 25th August 2020 at 17:48.

  5. #1335
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,118
    Like
    5,248
    Liked 6,420 Times in 2,775 Posts
    https://www.rallit.fi/hyundain-wrc-k...ean-iso-saali/

    This article says Sordo will only do Sardegna during the rest of the season, and that Breen was chosen for Ypres

  6. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (28th August 2020),the sniper (28th August 2020)
  7. #1336
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,552
    Like
    266
    Liked 2,065 Times in 1,136 Posts
    One has to wonder whether it's just some contract deals or whether Sordo has fallen out of favor for some reason?

    But contracts have not stopped Hyundai from kicking drivers around inn last 3 years.

    Or does Hyundai feel they need to risk to match Toyota? On both last picks they choose drivers who are clearly more risky picks. Sordo is safe choice to end around 3-4 but not likely to end much higher or put pressure om someone.

    Currently the character of the remaining rallies seem to favor Hyundai though. Turkey and Sardinia are definitely advantage for them. Ypres if very slippery should be also good for them, especially with Neuville. Estonia should be good for Toyota, but is certainly much worse than Finland.

  8. #1337
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,118
    Like
    5,248
    Liked 6,420 Times in 2,775 Posts
    Has he really fallen out of favour?

    If this plan keeps to the end of the season, Sordo and Loeb will do two rallies, while Breen will do three. Loeb personally declined from Sweden and it's well known that Sordo is not interested in driving in fast rallies (Sweden, Estonia). Like we discussed earlier, the seat for Ypres could have been for any of those three but Breen is the previous winner of the event...

  9. Likes: pantealex (29th August 2020),the sniper (28th August 2020)
  10. #1338
    Senior Member er88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,354
    Like
    1,910
    Liked 1,400 Times in 686 Posts
    As I said, if the driver championship is seriously open for Neuville/ Tanak, Hyundai will bring Sordo to Ypres as well. They might need all the help they can get

  11. Likes: Rally Power (31st August 2020),the sniper (28th August 2020)
  12. #1339
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    871
    Like
    3,451
    Liked 1,024 Times in 439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    One has to wonder whether it's just some contract deals or whether Sordo has fallen out of favor for some reason?
    What's the point in having Breen on the books if you're not grooming him for a future full time seat? Both Loeb and Sordo have been around a long time, neither want to do anywhere near a full season anymore, surely neither will go on for many more years. If the tide turned back towards having full season, fully fixed driver lineups, those two would be out of the game. Might as well put Breen in the car or let him go. This season is an anomaly anyway, though admittedly the title is title.

  13. Likes: Rally Power (31st August 2020)
  14. #1340
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,552
    Like
    266
    Liked 2,065 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Has he really fallen out of favour?

    If this plan keeps to the end of the season, Sordo and Loeb will do two rallies, while Breen will do three. Loeb personally declined from Sweden and it's well known that Sordo is not interested in driving in fast
    rallies (Sweden, Estonia). Like we discussed earlier, the seat for Ypres could have been for any of those three but Breen is the previous winner of the event...

    Well that's why there is a question mark.

    He was dropped from two rallies where he was one of the clearly best choices (Turkey and Ypres). While Hyundai is behind in the points and none of the other 2 is more stable in Hyundai on these rallies than Sordo. This raises the question in the first place.



    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    As I said, if the driver championship is seriously open for Neuville/ Tanak, Hyundai will bring Sordo to Ypres as well. They might need all the help they can get
    Yes that is possible, but that wont help in manu champ as he cant enter in 2nd team for manu points since he started in first team before.

    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    What's the point in having Breen on the books if you're not grooming him for a future full time seat? Both Loeb and Sordo have been around a long time, neither want to do anywhere near a full season anymore, surely neither will go on for many more years. If the tide turned back towards having full season, fully fixed driver lineups, those two would be out of the game. Might as well put Breen in the car or let him go. This season is an anomaly anyway, though admittedly the title is title.
    Breen is not in a "grooming" position at this time. I am sure you remember he "replaced" a guy which ended 2nd in his last rally in the car; a guy that had 3 podiums and 4th place in the championship in the last season ....and now for Ypres a 9 times WC and tarmac ace (not with Hyundai though) and a guy which won a rally with the car just last year and has multiple recent podiums in it.
    2x 7th place with zero manu points and a crash from last manu spot is not something that is worth replacing any of those.

    As for "grooming" they now have Loubet starting on most rallies, with Huttunen still a possibility even after they semi-kicked him out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •