Page 80 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 335 Times in 176 Posts
    If Mikkelsen wants to keep his WRC career going, he needs to get out of this team fast and already start looking for a new contract (maybe Ford?). He had a plenty of time to adapt, tests, work on car settings or whatever. Its clear he and Hyundai doesnt match so thats that. And in process a co-driver change for him wouldnt mind also. Chile was a great example they both doesnt work as a team.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I dont know how you work that out. Loeb had/is retired from full-time rallying, didnt want to do full seasons anymore and was happy doing WRX.
    Denkimi isn't talking about Loeb Eddie, rather Ogier.

Liked 232 Times in 101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead View Post
    If Mikkelsen wants to keep his WRC career going, he needs to get out of this team fast and already start looking for a new contract (maybe Ford?). He had a plenty of time to adapt, tests, work on car settings or whatever. Its clear he and Hyundai doesnt match so thats that. And in process a co-driver change for him wouldnt mind also. Chile was a great example they both doesnt work as a team.
    Can you elaborate or perhaps link something about how Andreas and Anders isn't a good match? Not heard anything about that and didn't notice anything in perticular in Chile

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    In Chile Mikkelsen said he had written too optimisic notes and after the two moments (Friday afternoon and Saturday end of first stage) he stopped trusting them.

Guess that's what he meant. I'd say that's basically drivers fault and not co-drivers.

Anyway I agree that he should try to change teams no matter what happens rest of season. Driving part time and risking getting dropped every single rally is not something to long for.
    I see Citroen (extra car) as most likely. MSport not so sure. Wilson definitely aims for Tänak and if he gets him he doesn't need Mikkelsen (Evans works ok as 2nd driver atm). If he doesn't he might just stay in money making mode instead of using money on Mikkelsen, (which doesn't guarantee a shot at either title) . Toyota is also possible depending what happens with those 2, but Makinen picked Latvala over him at end of 2017, even with worse results. Might be Toyota boses could have a say if Toyota doesn't do that well this season.

Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    And y would they want him now exactly? Cant c toyota pulling strings to replace a driver struggling with another thats struggling as much

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Toyota is also possible depending what happens with those 2, but Makinen picked Latvala over him at end of 2017, even with worse results. Might be Toyota boses could have a say if Toyota doesn't do that well this season.
    They sure have a say, but just as sure that won't be in favor of Mikkelsen. Whether you root for him or not, his 2019 (what we've seen so far) won't earn him a seat anywhere in 2020 without a substantial funding.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    They sure have a say, but just as sure that won't be in favor of Mikkelsen. Whether you root for him or not, his 2019 (what we've seen so far) won't earn him a seat anywhere in 2020 without a substantial funding.
    Compare his 2019 with Latvala, Lappi, Suninen and Meeke (in about that order) all have as bad or worse season. 3 of these are even behind him in points after driving one more rally. Mikkelsen has highest manu point score per rally of all these as well as Loeb and Sordo.

Just looking at the Toyota drivers driving arguably the fastest car (in Tanak's hands):

Latvala best result 5th place, completely out of pace on Corsica, blaming notes (like Mikkelsen did in Chile). Note that Latvala has now 201 WRC starts, Mikkelsen has 105.

Meeke best one 4th place, out of pace in Sweden. 4 rallies in a row with crashes (small or big) that cost him better result. 95 starts btw.

----------

To answer your point, as I wrote I don't think it's likely that Toyota will be interested. But Mikkelsen suddenly becoming the worst driver there is that nobody would hire is a bit too much of a step.
    Last edited by mknight; 22nd May 2019 at 00:12.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Well I don't think Adamo is worried about Latvala or Meeke... He's working with what they have and they have Loeb

9. Likes: pantealex (22nd May 2019),Rallyper (22nd May 2019)
    Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
    In today's WRC cars you just cant take a young talented guy (As Greensmith) and wait for good results from the beginning. Today's cars and rallyes need so much more know-how than ever, it really takes at least one year to learn.
    Problem as I see, is that after every season slowest guy or two drops. It has been like this for a long time, but the difference is that there is no-one who can replace them.
    IMO Lappi, Suninen and Tidemand are good examples. They were superfast in WRC2 but right when the new-era WRC cars came the gap between those two machines are too damn big.
    Maybe it's good, it differences the men from the boys. But maybe we will never see such amount of WRC drivers (part program also) as we did in early 2000's.
    In conclusion I think that if someone had to be dropped, in this moment Mikkelsen is the guy.

11. Likes: AnttiL (22nd May 2019)
    Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Compare his 2019 with Latvala, Lappi, Suninen and Meeke (in about that order) all have as bad or worse season. 3 of these are even behind him in points after driving one more rally. Mikkelsen has highest manu point score per rally of all these as well as Loeb and Sordo.

Just looking at the Toyota drivers driving arguably the fastest car (in Tanak's hands):

Latvala best result 5th place, completely out of pace on Corsica, blaming notes (like Mikkelsen did in Chile). Note that Latvala has now 201 WRC starts, Mikkelsen has 105.

Meeke best one 4th place, out of pace in Sweden. 4 rallies in a row with crashes (small or big) that cost him better result. 95 starts btw.

----------

To answer your point, as I wrote I don't think it's likely that Toyota will be interested. But Mikkelsen suddenly becoming the worst driver there is that nobody would hire is a bit too much of a step.
    And has scored less points overall than loeb who has started an event less. Mikkleson has failed to score points on 2 of his 5 starts which again is poor. Loeb has brought points in every rally started.

13. Likes: dimviii (22nd May 2019)