Page 108 of 279 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2790

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    So being ahead of someone means you are worse now?

Btw. Neuville was 20s behind Breen on Saturday evening, so let's kick Neuville and hire Breen?

He was 6 seconds behind Ogier at that point, even if he crashed Neuville would still get same points, while overtaking Ogier would help Hyundai in manu champ. But hey I wrote that already and you ignored it while talking about facts.....ok.

Breens comment after first stage on Sunday:

Breen Craig - Nagle Paul
    "I need to push more than that definitely. You need to stick your neck out sometimes in this game and it's time to do it.

---
    Btw. Mikkelsen was in same situation on Sardinia on sunday. He was allowed to push and try to overtake Evans, if he failed he would drop behind Neuville just like Breen did in Finland.
    Neuville was after a massive accident in Chile did you expect him to go to the fastest rally and be committed after that. Again my point was little or no test time and to be fastest Hyundai on Fri quite an achievement

"Breens contribution to teampoins from two starts was 0. So speed and likely results alone aren't the only reason."

Again why is his contribution 0? And what should it have been. Don't paint a picture of something that doesn't entirely reflect the truth of his performance in Finland.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Revo Rästa
    @revo1992
    ·
    12h
    Hyundai has some devil inside @DaniSordo
    's car. Without those car most reliable in WRC. Maybe i missed something but it looks pretty good to me.Most of them were start of the year also. #WRC #WRCLive @HMSGOfficial
    @PushingPace

*it wasnt affect time very much

3. Likes: EstWRC (3rd November 2019)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Revo Rästa
    @revo1992
    ·
    12h
    Hyundai has some devil inside @DaniSordo
    's car. Without those car most reliable in WRC. Maybe i missed something but it looks pretty good to me.Most of them were start of the year also. #WRC #WRCLive @HMSGOfficial
    @PushingPace

*it wasnt affect time very much

We drove through SS9 in RACC. No way you could do such time without brakes. He would have had massive off on that stage without brakes. Problably the brakes lost some feel but I doubt it was a serious problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

5. Likes: EstWRC (3rd November 2019)
    Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    The reason Mikkelsen is not starting Australia is just because Evans or Meeke didn't get past him on the points in Catalunya according to Adamo.
    https://parcferme.no/rally/derfor-kj...OV8VjawFMwvBy0
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    The reason Mikkelsen is not starting Australia is just because Evans or Meeke didn't get past him on the points in Catalunya according to Adamo.
    https://parcferme.no/rally/derfor-kj...OV8VjawFMwvBy0
    There are two aspects here:

1. 6 places later starting order does not mean Breen will be faster over the rally. In Finland he started 4 places behind and was slower on a rally where he has one of his 2 podiums and Mikkelsen has never been on a podium. Though off course it was Breens second rally with Hyundai WRC and first championship one.

2. In case some rain comes (as it did the last 2 years) the whole starting position "planning" will be nonsense or even counter-productive. Spreading the starting positions seems like a better idea than to have 2/3 of all cars at the back.

=> It basically sounds like a big excuse and the real reason is more that he doesn't trust him for some reason.

Also I dunno if they did it in the (paid) article but the obvious first question to Adamo should be why did he say otherwise on the post even press conference in Catalunya.
    Last edited by mknight; 4th November 2019 at 21:26.

8. Likes: skarderud (5th November 2019)
    Liked 25 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    We drove through SS9 in RACC. No way you could do such time without brakes. He would have had massive off on that stage without brakes. Problably the brakes lost some feel but I doubt it was a serious problem.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Probably just glaced(is that right word) brake bads or something like that. That list was meant for those finns who are still so sure that Toyota is most reliable car in whole world. Even with those other teams "little" problems are Toyota issues count 10 more.

Now to the topic - Does anyone know where and when the test was for Ott&Martin?

Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    There are two aspects here:

1. 6 places later starting order does not mean Breen will be faster over the rally. In Finland he started 4 places behind and was slower on a rally where he has one of his 2 podiums and Mikkelsen has never been on a podium. Though off course it was Breens second rally with Hyundai WRC and first championship one.

2. In case some rain comes (as it did the last 2 years) the whole starting position "planning" will be nonsense or even counter-productive. Spreading the starting positions seems like a better idea than to have 2/3 of all cars at the back.

=> It basically sounds like a big excuse and the real reason is more that he doesn't trust him for some reason.

Also I dunno if they did it in the (paid) article but the obvious first question to Adamo should be why did he say otherwise on the post even press conference in Catalunya.
    Mikkelsen has always been fast in Australia, if he is 4th or 8th on the road it dosen't matter, he would be faster than Breen in the Hyundai at this rally anyway.
    Only resonable explantation is Mikkelsen don't drive Hyundai next year, and Breen does.
    Mikkelsen to Toyota or M-sport, depends on Evans, Breen will do the leftover events in the WRC, and do development, testing and racing the R5, both of them.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Mikkelsen has always been fast in Australia, if he is 4th or 8th on the road it dosen't matter, he would be faster than Breen in the Hyundai at this rally anyway.
    Only resonable explantation is Mikkelsen don't drive Hyundai next year, and Breen does.
    Mikkelsen to Toyota or M-sport, depends on Evans, Breen will do the leftover events in the WRC, and do development, testing and racing the R5, both of them.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    I’m pretty sure that Mikkelsen will have done some irreparable damage at the start of the year with all that contract business.
    Probably why he’s not with the management company who allowed his water tight contract to leak.

12. Likes: Mk2 RS2000 (6th November 2019)
    Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    I’m pretty sure that Mikkelsen will have done some irreparable damage at the start of the year with all that contract business.
    Probably why he’s not with the management company who allowed his water tight contract to leak.
    My guess would be that Mikkelsen wants to be able to pay for a drive. It was pretty clear that EVEN does not pay for a WRC drive. Once a paydriver, always a paydriver. Tidemand also left shortly before he started paying for M-Sport drives.

14. Likes: AnttiL (6th November 2019)
    Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    My guess would be that Mikkelsen wants to be able to pay for a drive. It was pretty clear that EVEN does not pay for a WRC drive. Once a paydriver, always a paydriver. Tidemand also left shortly before he started paying for M-Sport drives.
    I’m sure Mikkelsen does NOT want to pay for a drive, and split from EVEN because he would not want to split what income he can with a manager.

If there are only a very small number of seats available, perhaps even at one team, why do you need a manager....?

He knows the phone numbers of the people involved. It’s not a big service park.

And Tidemand split for the same reason. Why pay a manager a split of your income if you’re paying for the drives with your own sponsors and can do the deals yourself?