Page 129 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2764

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    While we're at it, Breen was once 7th (Finland), after giving 6th place away to Neuville by being late at TC. Once crash yes, but he still finished 8th. And now in Sweden 7th.

Since last year, when Breen was without a seat, he took all offers he had, driving in Ireland, Italy, Ypres... Against strong competition, he kept searching and kept driving, kept trying to hold all doors open. Now he's going to do ERC with unproven tires. He seems to take every opportunity that comes to him, lives for the sport and everyone seems to appreciate that.

Where was Mikkelsen in Sweden? Do you believe it was impossible for him to get the funds together for a drive with an R5 car? What if the reason why Mikkelsen is without a seat now, is not his lack of talent, but his attitude?
    This is only speculations. We dont know whats going on behind closed doors and what Mikkelsen is doing to get back in a WRC car. And what do you really mean? That the drivers that are doing most rallies outside the WRC should get a seat even though their performance isnt good?
    All we know is that Breen has been terrible behind the wheel of the i20...

With that said, Mikkelsens attitude og lifestyle isnt the best. I dont think anyone else of the top 10 drivers is living such a glamorous and relaxed life as he is. Even though he´s without a seat and his career is at risk.
    Last edited by Eric; 16th February 2020 at 20:14.

Liked 378 Times in 184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Where was Mikkelsen in Sweden? Do you believe it was impossible for him to get the funds together for a drive with an R5 car? What if the reason why Mikkelsen is without a seat now, is not his lack of talent, but his attitude?
    You mean the attitude that made him go from a safe, cozy environment where dad paid everything to work out sponsors by himself in 2009? Or the Hankook-2010 (when you are on the subject of ERC/IRC with unproven tyres).
    What about his R5 driving in 2017? Or driving for free for Citroën the same year?

I am a bit surprised that he hasn't ended up with some M-Sport rides as he left EVEN and thus can pay for driving a WRC car. But I'm not too sure that his attitude is that much of an issue.

3. Likes: skarderud (16th February 2020)
    Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    On the face of it given Mikkelsen did pretty well in 2019 it is surprising that Breen was picked over Mikkelsen. But there has clearly been a breakdown between Mikkelsen and Hyundai/Adamo so I think its pretty pointless to keep going on about it, he doesn’t appear to have any chance of getting back in the car. Whether that is something he has done, or something that has come from them we don’t know.
    Breen has done ok but nothing more than that, but in his career so far he hasn’t really shown us he can consistently fight for podiums...
    Hyundai have this odd scenario where they are essentially looking for a guy to drive 3 events that Loeb/Sordo don’t want to drive, I’m guessing Mikkelsen sees himself as better than that, and Breen is happy to accept it.
    Personally, and even more after this weekend I would give Huttunen the chance to show what he’s got, as much as Breen is a good character, I think we have seen what he’s got.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    It's just a case of Adamo trusting Breen not just in terms of his driving, but his character. Breen is basically just there as backup and could be made to drop positions, check in late or early, drive with a margin and be safe etc etc. Whereas I think Adamo feels Mikkelsen would come in for 2/3 events and try to drive the arse off the car to prove he deserves a full time seat.

Adamo said as much about Breen on Friday on AllLive, that Breen is essentially "backup" while the other two drivers are going flat out. So before the rally has even started hes telling a rusty Breen, you have to finish and you have to drive with no risk. In that sense it's understandable Craig wasn't blindingly fast or on the pace. He was there just incase Tanak or Neuville went out, or needed his help...

6. Likes: AndyRAC (16th February 2020),doubled1978 (16th February 2020),EstWRC (16th February 2020)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    In almost half of his rallies in 2019 Mikkelsen drove at less than maximum attack to secure points under Adamo orders. There was even an analysis by the pushing pace guy that showed it in numbers. He was also forbidden from pushing on most power stages. (Swe, Arg, Turkey, GB). Sometimes very directly on allive.

Doesn't look like listening or not listening to Adamos orders is the main issue here. Might be he is not interested in just 2-3 starts, might be something else. Adamos words were that he is binary and either trusts a driver or he doesn't.

At end of 2018 I started mentioning the "Hyundai process", it's somehow interesting that it keeps extending still..

2017: Paddon and Sordo struggle - > reduce their starts, hire Mikkelsen
    2018: Mikkelsen struggles - > reduce Mikkelsen starts, kick Paddon, hire Loeb
    2019: Loeb struggles - > kick Mikkelsen, reduce Loeb starts, hire Breen and then Tanak

2019-2020 (TBC) : Breen struggles, Tänak struggles? - > kick Loeb?, hire Huttunen?
    We'll see...

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    In almost half of his rallies in 2019 Mikkelsen drove at less than maximum attack to secure points under Adamo orders. There was even an analysis by the pushing pace guy that showed it in numbers. He was also forbidden from pushing on most power stages. (Swe, Arg, Turkey, GB). Sometimes very directly on allive.

Doesn't look like listening or not listening to Adamos orders is the main issue here. Might be he is not interested in just 2-3 starts, might be something else. Adamos words were that he is binary and either trusts a driver or he doesn't.

At end of 2018 I started mentioning the "Hyundai process", it's somehow interesting that it keeps extending still..

2017: Paddon and Sordo struggle - > reduce their starts, hire Mikkelsen
    2018: Mikkelsen struggles - > reduce Mikkelsen starts, kick Paddon, hire Loeb
    2019: Loeb struggles - > kick Mikkelsen, reduce Loeb starts, hire Breen and then Tanak

2019-2020 (TBC) : Breen struggles, Tänak struggles? - > kick Loeb?, hire Huttunen?
    We'll see...
    Mikkelsen drove a nail through his own coffin when he could barely edge out R5 cars on tarmac events, in addition to his mistakes on tarmac like Monte (or Corsica?) where he crashed at stage end. Regardless of his earlier successes and subsequent improvements in pace his torrid, pathetic showings on tarmac likely made Adamo eager to get rid of him, a driver who could either potentially be on the podium or have the speed to compete with a Katsuta.

9. Likes: cali (17th February 2020)
    Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Mikkelsen drove a nail through his own coffin when he could barely edge out R5 cars on tarmac events, in addition to his mistakes on tarmac like Monte (or Corsica?) where he crashed at stage end. Regardless of his earlier successes and subsequent improvements in pace his torrid, pathetic showings on tarmac likely made Adamo eager to get rid of him, a driver who could either potentially be on the podium or have the speed to compete with a Katsuta.
    Same pathetic tarmacperformance like this french guy, what his name? Loeb? Maybe he isnt good enough at tarmac.....

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

11. Likes: mknight (17th February 2020)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Adamo clearly has his reasons and wouldnt pick an 'inferior' driver. He doesnt want to use Mikkelsen (and Paddon) and thats just how it is.

The results will show if he is right or not if they retain the Manus title. And lets be honest, with Tanak and Neuville in the team, the 3rd driver wont be that crucial very often.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    As mentioned Loeb has similar torrid, pathetic showings on tarmac even after 6 tarmac rallies in the car. Lately he was the slowest WRC on tarmac in Catalunya a few months ago. When Mikkelsen did the same 12 months before, the lynch crowd here was all over the place about how bad he is and how he is "still learning" while Loeb is winning the rally in C3. FYI Mikkelsen was behind R5 on ONE rainy stage where he was one of the first cars on the road without ever testing in rain. He crashed at stage end from 3rd in Monte last year yes, missing how should that be something extraordinarily bad, every corner is a corner. Loeb was behind multiple R5s on Sunday at this years Monte and managed to crash on very first stage of a rally with the car at 2019 Corsica.

Surely both Loeb and Mikkelsen forgot to drive on tarmac, both within a few months (Loeb from Catalunya 2018 to Corsica 2019, Mikkelsen from Germany 2017 to Catalunya 2017), just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    https://twitter.com/HMSGOfficial/sta...12662895468544

Think this tweet suggests Craig did the job they were expecting..
    Have you ever seen a team PR-account tweet saying their driver did bad? Do tell.

Anyway David Evans in his typical unbiased way gave Breen's Sweden performance 5/10 points, which is same score as Neuville and Ogier got from him. He even regrets that he can't give him more points than Neuville who was cleaning the road and took 4 points from PS....so I guess they might soon end sacked and Breen replaces one of them.
    https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/r...river-ratings/

14. Likes: torsteinrp (23rd February 2020)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    https://www.dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/b...sweden-result/

Breen
    "We were able to match Thierry at times and Ott so I have to be realistic with that.

I’m not in the car a lot at all, I hadn’t sat in the car since GB last year so I have to be somewhat happy and content with how the speed was.”
    #M-SPORTER

16. Likes: steve.mandzij (18th February 2020),WRC1 (18th February 2020)