Page 114 of 280 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2792

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    You are joking right? I'm not sure Neuville will beat Tanak, but Mikkelsen with double the rounds competed...
    EVeryone seems to be overblowing MIKK at the expense of Sordo.

Sordo did 2 less rallies than Andreas and was only 13 points behind.

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    and a short clip of the test on their instagram page https://www.instagram.com/p/B60RcbOpW5v/
    and a short onboard today added https://www.instagram.com/p/B62TVvHpaJV/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post

also with some tech problems

Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    You are joking right? I'm not sure Neuville will beat Tanak, but Mikkelsen with double the rounds competed...
    No, i'm not.

He has been in the fight every year before the last rallies, then f..ked it up every time.
    Who can forget his % speaches, he was confident he should be WDC....

Now with Tänak in the same team that will be faster ?

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post

Sordo did great, maybe even his best season ever for the events he ran...but with 5 rallies with big road position advantage (ARG as neutral) and two tarmac ones it hardly shows how he would do in Sweden, GB, or Finland. Historically and as late as 2017 he was really bad at those. So while being great choice for those rallies he does his potential from other ones is very limited.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    I'm afraid Tänak will destroy Neuville's psycic, i dont think he can handle that Tänak takes his nr1 status and beat him on most rallies.
    He will start to crash, and be more frustrated.
    I belive Mikkelsen will drive 7 rallies and still be 2nd best pointscorer in Hyundai, Tänak will make the Hyundai fits Mikkelsen like a glove, and he is atleast on Neuville's level and not nearly that fragile.

You've had too much to drink I reckon

7. Likes: Allez Andruet (3rd January 2020),Katvala (3rd January 2020),steve.mandzij (4th January 2020),tommeke_B (3rd January 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    You've had too much to drink I reckon
    No.

Any better argument?

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Arguments?

Which arguments do you have to put Mikkelsen "at least" on the level of Neuville? He's been driving for longer than both Neuville and Tänak, and what has he achieved? Won 3 times with Polo WRC. Once very lucky when Ogier crashed on powerstage, once very lucky when Tänak punctured on the penultimate stage, and one well-deserved win in Australia. 3 wins during 7 seasons competing with the very best cars available. Neuville has won a lot more events, beating his rivals by actually being faster... Maybe he hasn't been as consistent as Tänak last year, or as Ogier before, but in all last 3 seasons he scored nearly as much (or even more) than all his teammates combined...

No need to promote Mikkelsen, he's nowhere near the level of the current top 3. And after so many years, I don't see any reason why that could suddenly change.

10. Likes: cali (3rd January 2020),dimviii (3rd January 2020),dupanton (6th January 2020),er88 (3rd January 2020),EstWRC (3rd January 2020),KiwiWRCfan (3rd January 2020),pantealex (4th January 2020),tr4m (4th January 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    Arguments?

Which arguments do you have to put Mikkelsen "at least" on the level of Neuville? He's been driving for longer than both Neuville and Tänak, and what has he achieved? Won 3 times with Polo WRC. Once very lucky when Ogier crashed on powerstage, once very lucky when Tänak punctured on the penultimate stage, and one well-deserved win in Australia. 3 wins during 7 seasons competing with the very best cars available. Neuville has won a lot more events, beating his rivals by actually being faster... Maybe he hasn't been as consistent as Tänak last year, or as Ogier before, but in all last 3 seasons he scored nearly as much (or even more) than all his teammates combined...

No need to promote Mikkelsen, he's nowhere near the level of the current top 3. And after so many years, I don't see any reason why that could suddenly change.
    Read my post one more time.

Tänak going to beat Neuville, Neuville starts to crash to catch Tänak.

Mikkelsen, as now is without a regular seat, maybe half season, who knows, going to get maximum out of his possibilities to save his career, the same with breen, they both scoring safe points, and be around the second best pointscorer in Hyundai, because i think Neuville going to crash to much.
    Mikkelsen was 4th last year, best of the rest, in a car that dosent suit him with every reason to be afraid for his seat, with less rallies than most of his competitors.

Its not like i said greensmith or Tiedemann going to be WDC.....

Time will show.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    (MIkkelsen) He's been driving for longer than both Neuville and Tänak
    First full WRC season:

Neuville 2012 (hasn't missed anything since)
    Tanak 2012 (missed 2013 and almost all of 2014
    Mikkelsen 2014 (missed more than half of 2017 + 3 in 2019)

Only ranking where you could count Mikkelsen as driving longer would be first start with WRC, since in 2006-2008 he was driving multiple WRC rallies as paydriver as his first rallies. But that balances out with him driving cup Subaru and Fiesta on Hankook the next two years.

In number of WRC starts it's like this:
    Neuville and Mikkelsen 110
    Tanak 105

When counting starts in any rally (listed on ewrc-results) you get:
    Tanak 222
    Mikkelsen 203
    Neuville 183

So what you wrote isn't really true. By all means those 3 have about same amount of seat time and experience. In terms of age Tanak is the oldest of them 1 year older than Neuville and 2 year older than Mikkelsen.

----------

Mikkelsen has not been close to top 3 the last 2 years that is true, he was there in 2016. I do see how it could change back to that, but imo it would need him to leave Hyundai, which for some reason he is not trying (hard) to do. Similarly Tanak didn't show that he could fight for championship at the end of 2016, so things can change.

When it comes to opinions for this year I don't think Neuville will suddenly collapse. But I also doubt that Neuville-Tanak in one team will work well for both of them in the longer term. Seeing how Adamo treated Mikkelsen in 2019 I doubt there will be any significant chance for him to score many points this year.