Page 74 of 277 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Funny how mknight blames road position/conditions/anything else when Mikkelsen is slower, but completely ignores it when he is faster. Been taking lessons from Ogier's PR!

Lets mention some of the bits he conveniently missed out...

Portugal "a few seconds ahead when he crashed"... Paddon was leading the rally when he crashed on SS7, SS6 results show Mikkelsen in 10th and over a minute behind.

Sardinia Mikkelsen had a good road position while Paddon was wading through a mudbath.

Turkey Paddon was driving strategically to protect the car (quite successfully too seeing as he finished on the podium).

GB similar pace yes, Paddon had clear instructions to hold back and ensure points and was always going to drop behind Neuville (maybe the same for Mikkelsen I guess). It is often his worst gravel rally, doesn't go so well in the mud.

Finland and Aus Paddon was faster while frustrated at how much he was holding back to avoid risk and ensure team points, and looked like he would have had much more speed on tap if allowed to push. He also did it without crashing, unlike Mikkelsen (on both occasions).

2. Likes: AL14 (21st February 2019),EstWRC (21st February 2019)
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I still ask who will they send to Finland
    Breen

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    And I also thought Paddon released a video at the start of the season, saying he had only been offered one rally (presumably Finland) and declined. Or did I get that one wrong.
    You're right on that - but things can change, especially with Hyundai team politics.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Many people said before Sweden entries that Loeb doesn´t like it / won´t drive it...
    He did.

I expect him to drive Finland also.

Nothing he said before his Hyundai deal can´t be counted.

Only problem is that 6 rallies deal, if he really wants to do only 6, which is he skipping ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Funny how mknight blames road position/conditions/anything else when Mikkelsen is slower, but completely ignores it when he is faster. Been taking lessons from Ogier's PR!

Lets mention some of the bits he conveniently missed out...

Portugal "a few seconds ahead when he crashed"... Paddon was leading the rally when he crashed on SS7, SS6 results show Mikkelsen in 10th and over a minute behind.

Sardinia Mikkelsen had a good road position while Paddon was wading through a mudbath.

Turkey Paddon was driving strategically to protect the car (quite successfully too seeing as he finished on the podium).

GB similar pace yes, Paddon had clear instructions to hold back and ensure points and was always going to drop behind Neuville (maybe the same for Mikkelsen I guess). It is often his worst gravel rally, doesn't go so well in the mud.

Finland and Aus Paddon was faster while frustrated at how much he was holding back to avoid risk and ensure team points, and looked like he would have had much more speed on tap if allowed to push. He also did it without crashing, unlike Mikkelsen (on both occasions).
    Riiiight, I so enjoy arguing with you cause you accuse me of selective arguments and then top me up with being even more selective

Portugal
    7.4s was Paddon ahead with better road position (after SS5) when Mikkelsen's power steering failed on SS6 (seems like most common fault at Hyundai last 2 years), and the 1 min drop happened. But hey let's pick positions after SS6, +1

The theme seems to be "Paddon always held back", that surely beats all arguments, impossible to prove just how much he did and equally as impossible to say what speed he would have if he did not.

Anyway even with your counting we get to 2 (FIN, AU) : 4 (SWE, SAR, TUR, GB)

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Many people said before Sweden entries that Loeb doesn´t like it / won´t drive it...
    He did.

Yes he did, and was slowest WRC except Tidemand and slower than Paddon last year. If they are really so serious about point chances they will rather try to get Paddon or Østberg, especially since Loeb does not have it in his contract.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    I doubt Mads will drop his Citroen R5 program for a single outing with Hyundai for Finland

9. Likes: AnttiL (21st February 2019),pantealex (21st February 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    I thought the third car being discussed was who would replace Sordo and Loeb. Second car will be Mikkelsen. Or have I missed something.
    Yeah, although his Finland last year wasn't so successful either. And like mentioned here, Paddon's position in the team remains still under question.

Liked 706 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    He did.

Nothing he said before his Hyundai deal can´t be counted.

Only problem is that 6 rallies deal, if he really wants to do only 6, which is he skipping ?
    I suspect he may end up doing more than that, maybe if we discount the flyaways, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Australia to reduce the ‘commitment’ anything could be open. That said Chile could be good for him as it’s new for everyone, and after potentially missing Mexico and Argentina, he would also have a good road position.

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    I think that you will find that Sweden was the offer that Hayden declined.

It would be interesting to know how many power steering units failed on Paddon's car in 2017, as we all are aware doesn't bag the car in public but for sure there were more than were reported for stage ends.

2018, Paddon was driving to instructions, even to the point of sometimes receiving a txt message just prior to a stage start. This perhaps starts to explain why sometimes his last splits during a stage were slightly off the pace. He was a team player.
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

13. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (22nd February 2019)