Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 679

Thread: Hyundai WRT

  1. #561
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,269
    Like
    27
    Liked 176 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Paddon back in 2020... unless they find another rising star who is killing it. Shame to be honest...

    I hope Andreas comes out guns blazing. A 5-10 place result and more "car" issues won't keep him on the team for 2020.
    Ever consider there may not be a 2020 hyundai world rally team if they pull the plug and issue the usual ' hyundai needs the money for ev development (especially with VW going to release the ID etc) and hyundai just running an r5 cars department or similar)

  2. #562
    Senior Member racerx1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    717
    Like
    200
    Liked 554 Times in 274 Posts
    Might happen, but it's not the plan considering Nueville signed for 3 yrs.

  3. #563
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,908
    Like
    177
    Liked 1,194 Times in 654 Posts
    Still there are people suggesting "loyalty" keeps you in a factory seat. Even right after Paddon got dropped/offered 1 rally after being "loyal".

  4. Likes: ruesluporp (24th December 2018)
  5. #564
    Visionary
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Bellagio
    Posts
    2,175
    Like
    23
    Liked 162 Times in 68 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Still there are people suggesting "loyalty" keeps you in a factory seat. Even right after Paddon got dropped/offered 1 rally after being "loyal".
    You're correct of course, loyalty counts for nothing. Neither it seems does performing or ability with this Hyundai team.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

  6. #565
    Senior Member Rallyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,930
    Like
    2,386
    Liked 1,232 Times in 722 Posts
    Mikkelsen at Hyundai in 2019 is only because of his contract. Else weīd have Paddon in the team for 14 rounds. (My speculation)
    "Reis vas pšt pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mškinen, back in the years...

  7. Likes: cali (24th December 2018),dnb (24th December 2018),racerx1979 (24th December 2018)
  8. #566
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    272
    Like
    5
    Liked 73 Times in 49 Posts
    Or all three rotating i mean 4

  9. #567
    Senior Member nafpaktos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Nafpaktos-Greece
    Posts
    867
    Like
    565
    Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    From http://www.sebastienloeb.com

    " Hello everyone,



    from South Africa and the end of the Rallycross World Championship with Peugeot Sport, the days were quite hectic, as you have certainly been able to follow. Since the announcement of my signature with Hyundai for the next two years, I took a little time to breathe and I take this moment to write to you.



    I place a lot of importance on your comments or messages on social networks, including, even if I can not answer. I understand that some people were surprised when we left with Daniel from the PSA group. This group with which, CitroŽn Sport then CitroŽn Racing and finally Peugeot Sport, we have shared everything since our debut. It's clearly a family, our family. We have experienced so many beautiful things together, whether in Rally, WTCC, Pikes Peak, Dakar or Rallycross.



    Two months ago, before the announcement of the withdrawal of Peugeot Sport, I had absolutely no question about the future. After Spain and our victory with CitroŽn, I still did not know what I was going to do but I did not imagine it would be our last race together ...



    Unfortunately, whether at Peugeot or CitroŽn, we have not managed to find the beautiful equation. And me, for my part, I absolutely did not want to stop driving at a high level. I had to think quickly to bounce back. I have been approached by several builders, in different disciplines. However, our three races in WRC in 2018, including the victory in Spain, weighed in the balance. The rally is my DNA and I took so much pleasure in these three events that my priority quickly became the rally, in main program.



    Hyundai's proposal, with 6 rallies as pilot number 2 or 3, pleased me. And we advanced in the discussions. I had other contacts in the WRC but deep in me, I was convinced of the project "Hyundai" and I did not want to waste time on others.



    For a very long time, I'm in the skin of the 'number 1' or at least, I fight to get the victory. Even when I discovered the Dakar or Rallycross, the goal was to be ahead. There, with Hyundai, my first mission will be to help them get the constructors title and support Thierry Neuville, the number 1 driver. The team's speech is clear and I'm fine with it.



    I still stopped the rally for more than 5 years, I no longer have the pace of current drivers nor the knowledge of rallies in general. It's already great that a manufacturer like Hyundai trust me despite these parameters. I willingly accept this position number 2 or 3 and ride with less pressure, to please me, and in order to bring them points when I'm starting a rally.

    This does not mean that I lost my soul as a competitor. Once the helmet on the head, I would give everything to make the best possible result, as I have always done, but the approach is different.



    And then, for the Monte Carlo, it will still be very special: in addition to riding with a new manufacturer for the first time in my career in WRC, to discover a new team, new people, to discover this new course, we will only be able to do a day of testing to discover the car, the day before the reconnaissance. For the most 'hard' rally of the season, it's not ideal. I hope you will be indulgent to me!



    It will be a total discovery, and in the conditions of a 'Monte Carlo', the challenge is quite big anyway. We will go crescendo with Daniel. Even if we are the type to quickly adapt, there is the beefy. We will do our best for the team. It will be a bit the same music in Sweden, where I have not driven for a very long time and where I have never excelled. I said I was thirsty for challenges, I will not be disappointed at the beginning of the season with the Dakar, Monte Carlo and Sweden!



    Before talking about the Dakar, do you all wonder what I will do in addition to the rally? Just imagine me too! We have not started discussions with Hyundai yet. I've read our WRC program all over the place, and I'm not even aware of it ... Monte Carlo and Sweden are the only official events for the moment. We should be in Corsica too. For the rest, nothing is recorded. But it is sure that 6 rallies, between January and October or November, it will leave time and it would be interesting to keep in touch with the competition and the pace. We will talk about it soon but they are present in different disciplines and I hope that opportunities will arise.



    To return to my next deadline, the Dakar, we were able to do some tests last week. We did not drive very much. Like the Monte Carlo, I will arrive on the Dakar with a day of tests. This is how we go without pressure and we will find our bearings during the early stages by avoiding to 'tank' in the sand. My biggest lack lies in the reading of the field. I saw him again during the tests. It takes a lot of experience to get to the right place, not to be had and stay stuck. I think I will go for a ride in the desert in the next days in SSV to improve again before flying to Peru.



    But before that, I wish you a happy New Year and you will meet again in 2019 for a season that looks pretty exciting!



    Seb Ľ
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

  10. Likes: AnttiL (24th December 2018),dimviii (24th December 2018),Fast Eddie WRC (24th December 2018)
  11. #568
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    903
    Like
    3,398
    Liked 427 Times in 235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    From http://www.sebastienloeb.com

    " Hello everyone,



    from South Africa and the end of the Rallycross World Championship with Peugeot Sport, the days were quite hectic, as you have certainly been able to follow. Since the announcement of my signature with Hyundai for the next two years, I took a little time to breathe and I take this moment to write to you.



    I place a lot of importance on your comments or messages on social networks, including, even if I can not answer. I understand that some people were surprised when we left with Daniel from the PSA group. This group with which, CitroŽn Sport then CitroŽn Racing and finally Peugeot Sport, we have shared everything since our debut. It's clearly a family, our family. We have experienced so many beautiful things together, whether in Rally, WTCC, Pikes Peak, Dakar or Rallycross.



    Two months ago, before the announcement of the withdrawal of Peugeot Sport, I had absolutely no question about the future. After Spain and our victory with CitroŽn, I still did not know what I was going to do but I did not imagine it would be our last race together ...



    Unfortunately, whether at Peugeot or CitroŽn, we have not managed to find the beautiful equation. And me, for my part, I absolutely did not want to stop driving at a high level. I had to think quickly to bounce back. I have been approached by several builders, in different disciplines. However, our three races in WRC in 2018, including the victory in Spain, weighed in the balance. The rally is my DNA and I took so much pleasure in these three events that my priority quickly became the rally, in main program.



    Hyundai's proposal, with 6 rallies as pilot number 2 or 3, pleased me. And we advanced in the discussions. I had other contacts in the WRC but deep in me, I was convinced of the project "Hyundai" and I did not want to waste time on others.



    For a very long time, I'm in the skin of the 'number 1' or at least, I fight to get the victory. Even when I discovered the Dakar or Rallycross, the goal was to be ahead. There, with Hyundai, my first mission will be to help them get the constructors title and support Thierry Neuville, the number 1 driver. The team's speech is clear and I'm fine with it.



    I still stopped the rally for more than 5 years, I no longer have the pace of current drivers nor the knowledge of rallies in general. It's already great that a manufacturer like Hyundai trust me despite these parameters. I willingly accept this position number 2 or 3 and ride with less pressure, to please me, and in order to bring them points when I'm starting a rally.

    This does not mean that I lost my soul as a competitor. Once the helmet on the head, I would give everything to make the best possible result, as I have always done, but the approach is different.



    And then, for the Monte Carlo, it will still be very special: in addition to riding with a new manufacturer for the first time in my career in WRC, to discover a new team, new people, to discover this new course, we will only be able to do a day of testing to discover the car, the day before the reconnaissance. For the most 'hard' rally of the season, it's not ideal. I hope you will be indulgent to me!



    It will be a total discovery, and in the conditions of a 'Monte Carlo', the challenge is quite big anyway. We will go crescendo with Daniel. Even if we are the type to quickly adapt, there is the beefy. We will do our best for the team. It will be a bit the same music in Sweden, where I have not driven for a very long time and where I have never excelled. I said I was thirsty for challenges, I will not be disappointed at the beginning of the season with the Dakar, Monte Carlo and Sweden!



    Before talking about the Dakar, do you all wonder what I will do in addition to the rally? Just imagine me too! We have not started discussions with Hyundai yet. I've read our WRC program all over the place, and I'm not even aware of it ... Monte Carlo and Sweden are the only official events for the moment. We should be in Corsica too. For the rest, nothing is recorded. But it is sure that 6 rallies, between January and October or November, it will leave time and it would be interesting to keep in touch with the competition and the pace. We will talk about it soon but they are present in different disciplines and I hope that opportunities will arise.



    To return to my next deadline, the Dakar, we were able to do some tests last week. We did not drive very much. Like the Monte Carlo, I will arrive on the Dakar with a day of tests. This is how we go without pressure and we will find our bearings during the early stages by avoiding to 'tank' in the sand. My biggest lack lies in the reading of the field. I saw him again during the tests. It takes a lot of experience to get to the right place, not to be had and stay stuck. I think I will go for a ride in the desert in the next days in SSV to improve again before flying to Peru.



    But before that, I wish you a happy New Year and you will meet again in 2019 for a season that looks pretty exciting!



    Seb Ľ
    So modest, saying he's never excelled in Sweden

  12. #569
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    19,746
    Like
    6,519
    Liked 9,811 Times in 4,447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    So modest, saying he's never excelled in Sweden
    what a strange guy,he didnt moan about start position.

  13. Likes: AL14 (24th December 2018),AnttiL (24th December 2018),cali (24th December 2018),EstWRC (24th December 2018),racerx1979 (24th December 2018),steve.mandzij (24th December 2018)
  14. #570
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    62
    Like
    8
    Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    what a strange guy,he didnt moan about start position.
    Maybe running a fever or smthing.. or one moner per team allowed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •