Page 127 of 280 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2792

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    My guess for the remaining season of Loeb would be Mexico, Safari, New Zealand, Turkey and possibly Germany or Japan.
    Sordo's program was supposed to be Mexico, Argentina, Portugal, Sardegna, Turkey, Germany and Japan. I think Loeb will do only Safari and NZ, with Breen in Finland and Wales.

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (30th January 2020),Eli (30th January 2020),er88 (30th January 2020),tommeke_B (30th January 2020)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    My guess for the remaining season of Loeb would be Mexico, Safari, New Zealand, Turkey and possibly Germany or Japan.
    Sordo is starting his season in mexico and has good speed/ form there. No way Loeb does Germany as he turned it down even in the Citroen because of the dirty roads further down the start order, and Sordo is better in the car on tarmac anyway. Presume Japan will be the same.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Loeb doesn't have a problem with the car on gravel tbh, and Sweden was an event he didn't even want to originally do.
    He clearly had a problem in Sweden last year as he was consistently the slowest WRC (apart from Tidemand). Which is why it was strange he got nominated to Sweden this year in the first place.

Similarly he was one of the slowest cars in Portugal.
    So he isn't exactly consistently fast on gravel with it.

I don't think it's only his fault. But question is how motivated he is to "fight" with the car setup/development.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, after the performance of Toyota in RMC, maybe they will use a fifth Hyundai in some cases...if things get interesting in the WDC.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Well, after the performance of Toyota in RMC, maybe they will use a fifth Hyundai in some cases...if things get interesting in the WDC.
    Yeah they could do I suppose. Toyota will have Latvala on a few events and there's been one or two whispers Meeke could get a start here or there, due to still being involved with the team.

I can't see Paddon not doing New Zealand (even if it's not in a Hyundai), then you have Loeb possibly able to do another event or two, and Mikkelsen sitting on the sidelines. So they have options if they feel they need to bring more cars to help.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    There could be quite a few Toyota and Hyundai WRCs in Wales (and even in Japan), if everything is still up for grabs at that time. If Ogier's title quest demands it, I wouldn't be surprised if TGR/TMR/whatever-the-rumored-satellite-team-is-called fields a squad of Ogier, Evans, Rovanperä, Latvala, Meeke and Katsuta. And Hyundai can ofcourse counter that with Tänak, Neuville, Sordo, Mikkelsen, Breen and Loubet (and even with Loeb, if he's interested). SDI in WRC, eh?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

8. Likes: er88 (30th January 2020),pantealex (3rd February 2020),T16 (16th February 2020),WRC1 (31st January 2020)
    Liked 707 Times in 334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    There could be quite a few Toyota and Hyundai WRCs in Wales (and even in Japan), if everything is still up for grabs at that time. If Ogier's title quest demands it, I wouldn't be surprised if TGR/TMR/whatever-the-rumored-satellite-team-is-called fields a squad of Ogier, Evans, Rovanperä, Latvala, Meeke and Katsuta. And Hyundai can ofcourse counter that with Tänak, Neuville, Sordo, Mikkelsen, Breen and Loubet (and even with Loeb, if he's interested). SDI in WRC, eh?
    If that happens Wales will be epic to spectate on!

10. Likes: er88 (30th January 2020),T16 (16th February 2020)
    Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Yeah they could do I suppose. Toyota will have Latvala on a few events and there's been one or two whispers Meeke could get a start here or there, due to still being involved with the team.

I can't see Paddon not doing New Zealand (even if it's not in a Hyundai), then you have Loeb possibly able to do another event or two, and Mikkelsen sitting on the sidelines. So they have options if they feel they need to bring more cars to help.
    I think with Hyundai WRT renting out WRC cars (Obviously to Loubet) Hyundai NZ will make sure Paddon is driving a Hyundai WRC in New Zealand.

12. Likes: er88 (30th January 2020),WRC1 (31st January 2020)
    Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    https://www.sebastienloeb.com/le-top...te-carlo-2020/

I'm not sure if this was posted before, but this is Loeb's summary/explanation of how things unfolded during Monte Carlo
    quite an interesting read

if true, then i respect the honesty about the factors affecting his performance in the Monte and his/team decision to skip Sweden

14. Likes: AnttiL (31st January 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorganl2000 View Post
    https://www.sebastienloeb.com/le-top...te-carlo-2020/

I'm not sure if this was posted before, but this is Loeb's summary/explanation of how things unfolded during Monte Carlo
    quite an interesting read

if true, then i respect the honesty about the factors affecting his performance in the Monte and his/team decision to skip Sweden
    always Nr 1,with steering wheel,or without.

16. Likes: Augury (1st February 2020)