Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Hope springs eternal
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    https://sports.orange.fr/divers/spor...0001d1WZY.html

"At the wheel of his Hyundai, the soon to be 45 years old (he will be celebrating them next week) finished seventh, 1'49 behind winner Ott Tänäk (Toyota), and confided to L'Equipethat he had felt a change from his great time. "The car was fine but I realized that things had changed a lot since my time. Everyone rolls a lot more to the limit than before. With all the views of the on-board cameras, the guys know the specials by heart and they refine each turn. It becomes circuit in fact, it does not leave much room for improvisation and I'm not used to working like that. "

Elena said something like that already in Mexico last year though.

3. Likes: steve.mandzij (19th February 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Great idea..Right after they ban Greek lab-rats living in England...
    he is in US now.Beware!

5. Likes: EstWRC (18th February 2019),N.O.T (18th February 2019),pantealex (19th February 2019)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Great idea..Right after they ban Greek lab-rats living in England...
    i do not fall into that category anymore... people advance in life you know, so go ahead.

Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts

8. Likes: AnttiL (19th February 2019),Rally Power (19th February 2019),steve.mandzij (19th February 2019)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Good. Happy to see Loeb drive as much as possible. Not too fussed that Mikkelsen has been brushed aside.
    Im assuming they’ve found a way to break his much talked about contract, so wonder what this will mean further down the line for other events?

10. Likes: AnttiL (19th February 2019)
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    What if Loeb will not show anyting special then they shot at their own foot again.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    There`s a possibility with every driver, that they will fail. So far, with the current spec., he has won a tarmac event, been fourth in RMC with the i20, crashed in Corsica, but came back the following day with stage wins and second times, worst being 5th and 6th. Outpaced and outplaced Mikkelsen on all outings so you probably get where they hope to be.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Outpaced and outplaced Mikkelsen on all outings so you probably get where they hope to be.
    On Monte in same car Mikkelsen was ahead of Loeb when he crashed, how does that count as outpacing?

Comparing results in "current spec" as one is retarded. Mikkelsen's tarmac pace in i20 is certainly something else than in C3. Just like Loeb's so far.
    Will be nice to see Sordo vs Loeb in same car as we have had comparison in different cars recently. Just like Neuville vs Loeb.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway for Hyundai this seems like the best choice given the circumstances. Loeb should definitely drive Corsica because of his both historic and last years pace there and to get his feedback on the car. Sordo is better guarantee for a "decent" performance.

However for the results on Corsica it is much more important what kind of development/upgrades they plan before it. Cause if they are on same level as in Spain (or Corsica last year) they will fight for 5-7. (speedwise) no matter the driver. But it's possible they won't have time to introduce anything major before it and already write it off as a development test.

Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    What if Loeb will not show anyting special then they shot at their own foot again.
    AFAIK Corsica was sure for Loeb when he signed. Actually you can read it as them not believing Loeb will necessarily do well. If they believed in Loeb they could afford "weak" 3rd car. But maybe after the dry stages on Monte they are not so sure and get Sordo in to ensure some usable points.
    Last edited by mknight; 19th February 2019 at 10:39.

14. Likes: skarderud (19th February 2019)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    I stick to my idea that all those changes will not bring any good.
    Lineup changes make sense only in some cases (like for example if you have a half program for some rookie), otherwise you only affect the confidence of drivers, you give them even more pressure and sense of precariety, don't give them time or means to learn from mistakes.
    Last but not least, I can't recall any swapping-lineup team winning anything in the last 10 years and I fear they could be more.

Also, I think that they have to do something with their car. It seems that it can be driven only from Neuville. I've never believed that Mikkelsen has became all of a sudden a mediocre driver. Paddon had his own problems for sure but he was a better driver before new i20. Also Loeb seems not much comfortable.
    It would be ok if Neuville won championships but he isn't...

16. Likes: Marcco (19th February 2019),rhm (19th February 2019),skarderud (19th February 2019),WUff1 (19th February 2019)