Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 784

Thread: Hyundai WRT

  1. #511
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    258
    Like
    56
    Liked 163 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    If Andreas did that... 2019 is last season on Hyundai for sure.
    If he did force his contract on certain events that clash with Loeb/Sordo, would it not be in Hyundai's best interest to run four cars on those events and not nominate Andreas for manu points?

  2. #512
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,107
    Like
    5
    Liked 674 Times in 370 Posts
    Interesting contract Hyundai has made in that case. Especially when you look how other two drivers with a full season contract were treated.

  3. Likes: Allez Andruet (17th December 2018),EstWRC (16th December 2018),pantealex (17th December 2018)
  4. #513
    Senior Member er88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,503
    Like
    1,276
    Liked 913 Times in 444 Posts
    They're going to have to run 4 cars aren't they? No way Sordo doesn't do Spain and other tarmac rallies or you're not going to get the best out of him.

    Mikkelsen should just accept he has to sit out some events, he had a shocking year and it isn't like he's going to win the championship next season either. Sit out a few events and keep the team onside. If he's bent them over by getting his lawyers involved to force them to run him for a full season, then this is his last season at Hyundai imo - even if he has a decent year.

  5. #514
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    102
    Like
    8
    Liked 98 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    They're going to have to run 4 cars aren't they? No way Sordo doesn't do Spain and other tarmac rallies or you're not going to get the best out of him.

    Mikkelsen should just accept he has to sit out some events, he had a shocking year and it isn't like he's going to win the championship next season either. Sit out a few events and keep the team onside. If he's bent them over by getting his lawyers involved to force them to run him for a full season, then this is his last season at Hyundai imo - even if he has a decent year.
    There is no way he will sit out events voluntarily, why should he "accept" it? Because some fans think so?
    If he performs this year, make no mistake Hyundai will want to keep him as he would be an asset. The contracts usually have performance clauses in them and I'm guessing Mikkelsen was able to argue that he would have met those had the car been reliable, if indeed he really has had to fight legally to retain his full season.

    If the guy on twitter is right about the 6 events, I have to say I am a little surprised as Corsica and Spain are two of Dani's better events and he will do Finland, although was that the 1 event they offered Paddon? Maybe they can convince Loeb to add that one.

  6. Likes: skarderud (17th December 2018)
  7. #515
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,109
    Like
    191
    Liked 1,278 Times in 709 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    This guy on twitter says that Loeb's program is MC, Sweden, Corsica, Chile, Catalunya and Wales https://twitter.com/F_Gustavsson/sta...19640602570754
    Hutunen in Finland, Sordo sits out Corsica and 4 cars in Spain or Mikkelsen out for that rally (depending on how he does on tarmac in Corsica/Germany).
    That's my guess if this is true.

  8. #516
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    680
    Like
    731
    Liked 988 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    There is no way he will sit out events voluntarily, why should he "accept" it? Because some fans think so?
    Because his team managers think so? Ok, we don't really know what's happening at Hyundai at the moment and is this even a relevant question regarding Mikkelsen, but generally speaking it usually isn't the best of ideas to go against your own team. The consequences of doing so probably reflect through the whole community, not only within the team in question.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

  9. Likes: er88 (17th December 2018),pantealex (17th December 2018)
  10. #517
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,109
    Like
    191
    Liked 1,278 Times in 709 Posts
    This is no sunday club. All teams are very professional and both kick "loyal" drivers even when they have decent results (Paddon, Østberg, Haninen... Loeb right now) and hire drivers kicked by other teams even though they directly disobeyed their team (Meeke, Lappi).

  11. #518
    Senior Member skarderud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    lillehammer
    Posts
    839
    Like
    666
    Liked 289 Times in 133 Posts
    From a sporting point of wiew, Mikkelsen do the only right thing. Everyone knows that he can challenge neuville for a WDC if the stuff work properly.
    If he have a bad season again, he's probably looking for an other team next year anyway.

    What happens in Hyundai these days, we'll never now, but someone in the leaderboard whants some payback from the investments, thats for sure.

    I really don't belive in neuville to be the right one to be the No.1 in the team, two years in the row he has litterally missed the open goal. One thing is if he hasn't bragged about in front, but when he says that he has 80% WDC in his pocket, and both times don't deliver, he litterally shit on his own legs.

    Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

    KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

  12. Likes: jparker (17th December 2018)
  13. #519
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    191
    Like
    82
    Liked 116 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    From a sporting point of wiew, Mikkelsen do the only right thing. Everyone knows that he can challenge neuville for a WDC if the stuff work properly.
    If he have a bad season again, he's probably looking for an other team next year anyway.

    What happens in Hyundai these days, we'll never now, but someone in the leaderboard whants some payback from the investments, thats for sure.

    I really don't belive in neuville to be the right one to be the No.1 in the team, two years in the row he has litterally missed the open goal. One thing is if he hasn't bragged about in front, but when he says that he has 80% WDC in his pocket, and both times don't deliver, he litterally shit on his own legs.

    Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    A colourful image!

    I don't think Mikkelsen can challenge anyone for WDC so not quite everyone thinks that. I do totally agree with you about Neuville, he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

    Either way, they way their leadership has behaved (not celebrating Paddons 2nd in Australia) and subsequent u-turn on signing him means I definitely won't be supporting them this year and hope they fail dismally.

    Go Ott!

  14. #520
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    680
    Like
    731
    Liked 988 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Everyone knows that he can challenge neuville for a WDC if the stuff work properly.
    I most definitely don't know that.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

  15. Likes: dimviii (17th December 2018),dupanton (17th December 2018),er88 (17th December 2018),EstWRC (17th December 2018),pantealex (17th December 2018),TWRC (17th December 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •