Page 186 of 280 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2792

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 110 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    ... on topic:

Every team has a limited number of resources. Be it money, people/hours or homologation jokers.

At some point things get prioritized.

When a driver is winning/taking podiums with the car the teams rarely prioritize using resources on a driver that struggles in a few rallies. Sometimes even out of fear of making the car worse for the driver that brings results. (Ex. Changing the car for Loeb while Neuville is winning with it).

Other examples are Lappi at Toyota 2018, Lappi again at Citroen 2019 (says it took the team half a year to finally make a diff he wanted, for sure was different for Ogier).

I don't believe anyone is doing this "on purpose" to get rid of a driver. But when asked to prioritize there clearly will be multiple levels and there can be personal reasons too.

Right now for example Hyundai would surely prioritize making the car good for Tanak, instead of making changes for Solberg. No need to "want to get rid of Solberg" for that.
    The last part is incorrect, no team develops a car for one driver, that makes litterally no sense.

With the first point about priortitizing resources on a driver that struggles, again, its a TEAM and they all share data, they all try each others setups at tests. When you see the end result, its the driver and driver alone, after a PET the driver has a debrief with the engineers before the set up is decided, this is from ramp angles, to damper spec, to spring rates, to anti roll bars, to engine/hybrid maps and the list goes on. When that car leaves service its the drivers choice of set up on that vehicle.

2. Likes: Augury (9th August 2022),cali (9th August 2022),EstWRC (9th August 2022)
    Liked 839 Times in 386 Posts
    ..and Paddon and Loeb. They all suddenly forgot how to drive. Loeb won the last rally in previous team (Catalunya 2018) and first in next (Monte 2022).

Some guys see Mikkelsen mentioned among 3 other drivers (Paddon and Solberg here) and go full retard. Back to the topic...
    The only people who always go full retard in here are Mikkelsen superfans with Norwegian glasses on. Everybody knows Hyundai isn't the easiest car to drive and adapt, this isn't nearly enough of an excuse for Mikkelsen's poor performance and Solberg's terrible season so far.
    Let alone the funny rumor that Oliver is being sabotaged or that it's the setup's fault, when we know the reason of his crash.

4. Likes: cali (9th August 2022),er88 (11th August 2022),EstWRC (9th August 2022),lancia037 (10th August 2022),steve.mandzij (9th August 2022),WRC1 (9th August 2022)
    Liked 602 Times in 321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    lol, here we go again with the Neuville-bashing pro-Mikkelsen fantasy posts to find excuses on why Mikkelsen was sacked after his poor Hyundai stint...
    ..and Paddon and Loeb. They all suddenly forgot how to drive. Loeb won the last rally in previous team (Catalunya 2018) and first in next (Monte 2022).

Some guys see Mikkelsen mentioned among 3 other drivers (Paddon and Solberg here) and go full retard. Back to the topic...
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    The only people who always go full retard in here are Mikkelsen superfans with Norwegian glasses on. Everybody knows Hyundai isn't the easiest car to drive and adapt, this isn't nearly enough of an excuse for Mikkelsen's poor performance and Solberg's terrible season so far.
    Don't know if you (mknight) meant me for answering Eli's post, but clearly nobody else was having this ^ conversation recently apart from you guys.

6. Likes: skarderud (9th August 2022)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Don't know if you (mknight) meant me for answering Eli's post, but clearly nobody else was having this ^ conversation recently apart from you guys.
    There's very recent posts about Mikkelsen, just check the forum.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    There's very recent posts about Mikkelsen, just check the forum.

OK thanks.

Liked 1,463 Times in 836 Posts
    Sorry for stirring such a mess guys, was just curious if anyone here knows/knew what could their line-up look like for next year, because imho keeping young Solberg in the third car doesn't make much sense atm.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Sorry for stirring such a mess guys, was just curious if anyone here knows/knew what could their line-up look like for next year, because imho keeping young Solberg in the third car doesn't make much sense atm.
    Anybody but Mikkelsen or Paddon IMO.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    The last part is incorrect, no team develops a car for one driver, that makes litterally no sense.
    Maybe the last part wasn't perfectly clear.

What I meant that if for example after Estonia Tanak doesn't like something on the car and Solberg doesn't like something else and the team only has time to look on one of those things, it is perfectly clear that they will look at the issue bothering Tanak.

That said I also disagree with what you write here. I really doubt Tanaks input during car development had same impact as Solbergs.

(none of this above explains why Solberg keeps doing the stupid things he does)

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Most logical is Suninen

Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    I also think suninnen is the most obvious one, but is paddon a posibility? Close ties to Hyundai, but that's local importer?

Just hope Oliver can have a season in the WRC2 and not completely out.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport