Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 881

Thread: Hyundai WRT

  1. #851
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    134
    Like
    10
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts
    I think it’s very difficult to judge Huttunen on this rally, as we don’t know what Katsuta level is either. If I was betting on Katsuta being fast in the WRC car in one place, it would be Finland...so unless he drives Rally Finland in a 4th Yaris, difficult to know whether Huttunen was impressive or not.
    For Paddon it’s a tough call, he needs to stay relevant but at the same time if he is only getting a one off, Finland is a tough place to jump in and shine and he could do his future more harm than good by driving.
    Given the option of Loeb, Sordo, Paddon or Huttunen (if we assume that Mikkelsen will be in) I would give Huttunen a go as he will be motivated, have good mileage in the car on similar roads and should benefit from the best road position..but then I’m not Adamo and it’s not my money ��

  2. #852
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Timaru NZ
    Posts
    366
    Like
    86
    Liked 215 Times in 121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    The easiest solution to this problem is sitting somewhere in New Zealand right now...
    His last rally in NZ will be June 22nd, As an aside I saw John Kennard a few weeks back and he is as fit and sharp as he ever was
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

  3. Likes: tommeke_B (27th May 2019)
  4. #853
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,475
    Like
    218
    Liked 1,424 Times in 797 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Given the option of Loeb, Sordo, Paddon or Huttunen (if we assume that Mikkelsen will be in) I would give Huttunen a go as he will be motivated, have good mileage in the car on similar roads and should benefit from the best road position..but then I’m not Adamo and it’s not my money ��
    Well Huttunen is clearly much better choice than Sordo. Even if he doesn't do well he should finish at about same position, but as a new driver he can only surprise, which Sordo really can't in Finland at this point.

    (Loeb said repeatedly he doesn't want to drive there, latest this week).

    If Paddon is signed for Finland it's not so easy to say who they pick. Paddon himself would be a bit of a risk after not driving for a while + if they introduce the aero changes they promised it will be a different car for him. In that case they might prefer Mikkelsen over Huttunen unless Huttunen does really well on his next national outing.

  5. #854
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    53
    Like
    5
    Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    If the offer of 1-2-3 events was available, he should've taken it. It keeps him relevant and in the mix, which is basically all he needs to do considering Mikkelsen's form since he moved to Hyundai.

    But Paddon seemingly turned that down which I do understand, but it seems more and more like he was cutting his nose off to spite his face...
    I believe the original offer to Paddon was for only Rally Finland. However if I was Adamo I would be on the phone and offering Paddon Finland, Turkey, and Australia. But I'm a kiwi so probably a little biased!

  6. Likes: cali (27th May 2019),pantealex (27th May 2019)
  7. #855
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Timaru NZ
    Posts
    366
    Like
    86
    Liked 215 Times in 121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grutz View Post
    I believe the original offer to Paddon was for only Rally Finland. However if I was Adamo I would be on the phone and offering Paddon Finland, Turkey, and Australia. But I'm a kiwi so probably a little biased!
    I would offer him the not only the remained of this season but the following three years too
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

  8. Likes: GravelBen (27th May 2019)
  9. #856
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    134
    Like
    10
    Liked 111 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grutz View Post
    I believe the original offer to Paddon was for only Rally Finland. However if I was Adamo I would be on the phone and offering Paddon Finland, Turkey, and Australia. But I'm a kiwi so probably a little biased!
    I would have had him in for more events from the start personally, but as they didn’t they have to try and make the best solution for Hyundai from now. I agree there is little sense in him doing only 1 event, but if they can offer him more than that and a decent chance to get back up to speed it should be worth considering..

  10. #857
    Senior Member GigiGalliNo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,930
    Like
    32
    Liked 268 Times in 168 Posts
    Not sure but perhaps the Paddon/Hyundai Alzenau relationship has been burnt and it might start to grow again?
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

  11. #858
    Senior Member KiwiWRCfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    541
    Like
    131
    Liked 454 Times in 199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    I would offer him the not only the remained of this season but the following three years too
    I like the way you think
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

  12. #859
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    356
    Like
    19
    Liked 107 Times in 68 Posts
    Maybe Paddon decline Finland because he knew that one event (and a bad one for whole Hyundai) would not bring any chance of him doing more events or whole season again. He is sure good at those kind of roads but Hyundai isn't and that would not help him much. Let's face it, probably he would be best in 5th place and no one sign drivers who came for one off and be average.

  13. #860
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    858
    Like
    802
    Liked 1,189 Times in 499 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Maybe Paddon decline Finland because he knew that one event (and a bad one for whole Hyundai) would not bring any chance of him doing more events or whole season again. He is sure good at those kind of roads but Hyundai isn't and that would not help him much. Let's face it, probably he would be best in 5th place and no one sign drivers who came for one off and be average.
    It's probably impossible to challenge for the victory with the i20 in Finland, but Paddon ofcourse could have been compared to two other Hyundais. Too bad he obviously wasn't up for the call.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •