Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 279

Thread: Hyundai WRT

  1. #191
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    19,323
    Like
    6,197
    Liked 9,214 Times in 4,217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    It was announced multiple places that Neuville's car had different rear aero (bumper and sides) than Mikkelsen and Paddon (who again had different front than Sordo which had pre-catalunya one).

    I can't find any very clear pictures, mostly cause that cars are really dirty and there is always a fountain of mud in when pictures are taken from behind.

    Anyone seen it and has some pictures that are clear?
    yes I saw somewhere side to side photos and they were different,but don't remember where I saw it,maybe somebody at twitter.

  2. #192
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,595
    Like
    152
    Liked 1,018 Times in 555 Posts
    The old one is here:

    http://www.wrc.com/images//Calendar/...jpg?1509271694
    (Mikkelsen)

    For the new one the best I saw so far is from the vid at 1:39: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFyODMNPZLE

    The pods are bit longer and wider and there is an extra hole lower down a bit Citroen-style, but with cover.

  3. #193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    19,323
    Like
    6,197
    Liked 9,214 Times in 4,217 Posts
    at today runs with invited persons Hyundai used dual vents


  4. #194
    Junior Member Mrpengski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    29
    Like
    2
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts
    Check out the test videos for Wales, the test car was already running the new rear fender and bumper.


  5. #195
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,585
    Like
    2,475
    Liked 2,566 Times in 1,143 Posts
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...18-wrc-drivers

    Nandan saying they still haven't decided ultimately who's driving a whole season and who's not. Also again rumors of Sordo going to rallycross.

  6. #196
    Senior Member GravelBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    480
    Like
    385
    Liked 572 Times in 215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...18-wrc-drivers

    Nandan saying they still haven't decided ultimately who's driving a whole season and who's not.
    Strange to be saying that while still saying that all the drivers have contracts to do all the rallies, I wouldn't have thought the big bosses would like a manager blatantly saying that they're planning to dishonour contracts. Maybe he's hoping to pressure a driver into leaving, or knows about something else happening in the background that isn't public.

  7. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Timaru NZ
    Posts
    306
    Like
    62
    Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Strange to be saying that while still saying that all the drivers have contracts to do all the rallies, I wouldn't have thought the big bosses would like a manager blatantly saying that they're planning to dishonour contracts. Maybe he's hoping to pressure a driver into leaving, or knows about something else happening in the background that isn't public.
    Watch the movements of he who has blamed the car for his failure to win the WDC title this year.

  8. Likes: smokingjoe (8th November 2017)
  9. #198
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,930
    Like
    1,984
    Liked 4,565 Times in 2,426 Posts
    I dont know if this was discussed elsewhere, but I just heard that Neuville had a '2018-spec' i20 from Rally GB... hence his superior speed on this event and in Australia.

    Anyone else heard or know more about this ?

  10. #199
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,585
    Like
    2,475
    Liked 2,566 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I dont know if this was discussed elsewhere, but I just heard that Neuville had a '2018-spec' i20 from Rally GB... hence his superior speed on this event and in Australia.

    Anyone else heard or know more about this ?
    I think the different rear aero was noticed on the forums

  11. #200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    404
    Like
    28
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I dont know if this was discussed elsewhere, but I just heard that Neuville had a '2018-spec' i20 from Rally GB... hence his superior speed on this event and in Australia.

    Anyone else heard or know more about this ?
    Not true. The aero maybe but rest of the car is the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •