Page 68 of 277 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Thierry Neuville switches to Opel:
    https://twitter.com/Martin_Cullen/st...89708475273217
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    Only this weekend haha.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    So Loeb did two rounds and has a break now, how do people think he did relative to the expectation when he was signed. I have a few quotes to help some remember:

Quote Originally Posted by Japé View Post
    When Loeb has won the first two rounds he might start to have second thoughts about driving only 6 rounds. And probably it is not an issue for Hyundai to have even 4 cars per rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ds3 View Post
    Goodbye Newville, Goodbye dreams ...
    Run at M-Sport while there's room ...
    Loeb has never been a team player, he's greedy ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    He is the maestro, but it is not going to be a walk in the park for him...especially taking two in a row. If he is a podium contender on all the events, its good...figthing for the win on some, excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    1. Loeb will win Monte and . . .
    2. Be the leading Hyundai after Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    3. Loeb arriving at Hyundai and being immediately faster than their full time drivers, saying that nothing is wrong with that car. Therefore Adamo is being sacked and Nandan called back.
    ----------------
    Obviously it's very easy to point out these in perfect hindsight.

On the other hand the difference between his C3 outings last year and I20 this year is huge.
    In C3:
    - top 3 speed in all rallies, leading 2 of 3
    - fastest or equally fastest C3 in all of them (in Mexico he was about same speed as Meeke, Corsica faster, Spain fastest but only Breen to compare with)
    Remember that C3 was still considered a difficult car to master on gravel when he drove it first time in Mexico (before suspension changes) and he was immediately fast.

I20:
    - top 4-5 speed in Monte, only faster than Tidemand in Sweden
    - clearly slower than Neuville on both, same speed as Mikkelsen in Monte when both competed, slowest in Sweden
    - slower than Suninen on dry tarmac with same tires when he said he was pushing max!

I don't think he forgot how to drive in a few months. Sure there are factors that can explain why he is slower (new car, not enough testing, dakar before monte, long time since driving on snow etc. etc.), but the difference is imo so big that it can't be only down to those. Clearly the performance is very different compared with the expectations quoted above.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    can somebody start banning people from the UK ? their stupidity lowers the forums intellectual level....

5. Likes: Winner (19th February 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Yup, not that others with the same car have been fighting for wins or a second place (Tänak was unbeatable last weekend)...no...

And you also counted the reasons: experience in the car, being in Dakar for several thousands of km`s etcetc. Your arguments would be valid, maybe(!) in autumn.

Liked 12,173 Times in 5,221 Posts
    and he has quoted me from Crystal Balls thread
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 91 Times in 54 Posts
    It is hard to assess the performance of these cars these days. Hyundai seem to struggle a lot on high speed events. And well, Tanak is having an amazing spell at the moment.

But somehow seems like i20 is only the second best car after Yaris. The car seems to be hard to drive, all others struggle apart from Neuville.

Lets see, interesting stuff !

9. Likes: mknight (18th February 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    You both guessed wrong for the first two outings and both your predictions apply to that. Nothing bad about that, it's guessing after all. Everyone here guesses wrong every now and then.
    The mentioned factors were very much known when he was signed, so not much of an excuse in them.

The funny thing is the reactions, does admitting you were wrong hurt physically or why is that a problem? The troll on my ignore list has little to say after the long "Finish village team of nobodies" story.

----------------
    There are two reasons why I had to quote people
    1. Lot of people don't seem to remember what they thought last week, specially if they were not correct.
    2. Saying "some people" just invites to hiding

Liked 110 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    So Loeb did two rounds and has a break now, how do people think he did relative to the expectation when he was signed. I have a few quotes to help some remember:

----------------
    Obviously it's very easy to point out these in perfect hindsight.

On the other hand the difference between his C3 outings last year and I20 this year is huge.
    In C3:
    - top 3 speed in all rallies, leading 2 of 3
    - fastest or equally fastest C3 in all of them (in Mexico he was about same speed as Meeke, Corsica faster, Spain fastest but only Breen to compare with)
    Remember that C3 was still considered a difficult car to master on gravel when he drove it first time in Mexico (before suspension changes) and he was immediately fast.

I20:
    - top 4-5 speed in Monte, only faster than Tidemand in Sweden
    - clearly slower than Neuville on both, same speed as Mikkelsen in Monte when both competed, slowest in Sweden
    - slower than Suninen on dry tarmac with same tires when he said he was pushing max!

I don't think he forgot how to drive in a few months. Sure there are factors that can explain why he is slower (new car, not enough testing, dakar before monte, long time since driving on snow etc. etc.), but the difference is imo so big that it can't be only down to those. Clearly the performance is very different compared with the expectations quoted above.
    Seriously?

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    can somebody start banning people from the UK ? their stupidity lowers the forums intellectual level....
    Great idea..Right after they ban Greek lab-rats living in England...
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

13. Likes: Myrvold (19th February 2019),skarderud (18th February 2019)