Page 84 of 280 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Katsuta has quite lot more kilometres in a WRC car under the belt.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Have to say I was disappointed with Huttunen's performance. Yes, it was his first competitive outing in a World Rally Car, but still. That wasn't Meeke in that Yaris he was competing against. And that's not to take anything away from Katsuta. A clean and solid drive, well deserved victory for him.

I guess mr. Adamo's headache about the third i20 WRC for Finland didn't get any better today...
    Last edited by Allez Andruet; 25th May 2019 at 19:39.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

3. Likes: er88 (26th May 2019),pantealex (26th May 2019),tommeke_B (25th May 2019)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    The easiest solution to this problem is sitting somewhere in New Zealand right now...

5. Likes: cali (26th May 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    The easiest solution to this problem is sitting somewhere in New Zealand right now...
    So it seems... too bad Paddon's been completely out of any kind of WRC action since Australia. But I'd still pick him over Sordo or Huttunen (judged by today's event) to do Finland (assuming Le Maestro doesn't wanna do it).
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    Have to say I was disappointed with Huttunen's performance. Yes, it was his first competitive outing in a World Rally Car, but still.
    You were just expecting too much. Remember, Katsuta has done a snow rally and lots of testing beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    You were just expecting too much. Remember, Katsuta has done a snow rally and lots of testing beforehand.
    Sure he has, but I was expecting Huttunen to arrive at WRC scene in somewhat Lappi/Suninen-kind-of-style. Which, now that we've seen today's results, can be translated into too high expectations. Hard to deny that. Personally disappointing in any case.

9. Likes: pantealex (26th May 2019)

Hyundai WRT

Sure he has, but I was expecting Huttunen to arrive at WRC scene in somewhat Lappi/Suninen-kind-of-style. Which, now that we've seen today's results, can be translated into too high expectations. Hard to deny that. Personally disappointing in any case.
    Lappi’s Portugal 2017 wasn’t that flamboyant for the first two days. Suninen also spent the Poland Friday morning loop at the bottom positions.

Still, difficult to judge as long as Katsuta is the only point of comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Lappi’s Portugal 2017 wasn’t that flamboyant for the first two days. Suninen also spent the Poland Friday morning loop at the bottom positions.

Still, difficult to judge as long as Katsuta is the only point of comparison.
    Exactly, hard to judge when we don't know the level of comparison. Based on his R5-resume, I didn't rate him that high. Lappi and Suninen were able to more or less hang in there with the big boys, right from the get-go, which I think is far superior from Katsuta's level. But who knows, maybe Katsuta's just being underrated? We'll find out (hopefully) in the future, once Takamoto-san gets his chance in the top league.
    Last edited by Allez Andruet; 25th May 2019 at 21:16.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    If the offer of 1-2-3 events was available, he should've taken it. It keeps him relevant and in the mix, which is basically all he needs to do considering Mikkelsen's form since he moved to Hyundai.

But Paddon seemingly turned that down which I do understand, but it seems more and more like he was cutting his nose off to spite his face...

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Have to say I was disappointed with Huttunen's performance. Yes, it was his first competitive outing in a World Rally Car, but still. That wasn't Meeke in that Yaris he was competing against. And that's not to take anything away from Katsuta. A clean and solid drive, well deserved victory for him.

I guess mr. Adamo's headache about the third i20 WRC for Finland didn't get any better today...
    Exactly my thoughts. Sure Katsuta has much more experience and Yaris is likely significantly better on these roads, but in R5s Huttunen is also on completely different level than him.

Not a bad rally from Huttunen, but as you say it doesn't invite for automatic Finland start. They will probably wait until his next rally in the car before deciding. (I believe he is supposed to do one more national rally in it?)

I'd say if Paddon gets an offer for 2-4 rallies (out of FIN, TUR, GB, AUS) now he definitely needs to take it (one would make little sense though).

Hyundai picks so far follow the scheme Neuville + "risky driver(with top 3 potential) " + " secure driver". The secure pick is normally Sordo, but in Sweden it was Mikkelsen and in Monte Loeb. Very hard to argue that Sordo will be a secure pick in Finland or GB and even harder to say he would have top potential on these rallies. I'd say this is why Sordo wasn't picked for Chile as it was kind of Finland/GB mix (+ off course the new rally factor) For Mikkelsen same is true in Finland (doesnt fit any of the roles), on the other rallies he fits the risky pick (with potential) role.