Page 188 of 280 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2792

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galev62 View Post
    Best thing for oliver in my opinion now would be to stop rally for few months and only drive rallycross so he can start enjoy driving again. Second thing is that Petter and Pernilla need to be banned from where ever he is driving. One thing that could help is personal mental and physical coach from hintsa (same that f1 drivers use). Also the reality tv and everything needs to be stopped around him and make him only focus on improving himself. Next season fully in rally 2 with good testing and no surrounding pressure and factors. He is talented and last time we saw it was in 2019 with polo r5 . And mayby little bit in artic rally.
    I think rallycross is the cause of his problems. You can't drive rally like a rallycross event. Maybe I'm wrong though

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 39 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I think rallycross is the cause of his problems. You can't drive rally like a rallycross event. Maybe I'm wrong though

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
    I dont know yes his driving style is very agressive but good drivers can adapt to anything for example Grönholm. Root cause is in my opinion that he isnt learning and discovering things himself. There is rumors that his father even made him setup last season. When he starts to learn things him self he can find the style that he is most comfortable in. One of the reason i think he is driving so agressive is the pressure he is under and he is just trying too hard and the Fast driving now doesnt come naturally.

3. Likes: cali (10th August 2022)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    For Hyundai, there are two strategies possible IMO depending on their assessment of their priorities:

- either they consider reliability is the main issue and 3rd driver a minor one and they follow with one young guy with potential who have already made a RC1 development season, expecting that he could skyrocket; and in that case, Solberg is the obvious choice even if his season is difficult (Knowing the car and no other young drivers with already RC1 experience has been convincing so far)

- or they consider that the reliability issue is already so important that they prefer to deal with an experienced driver. However, there is no that much option available and no real driver deserving a full-time spot: best option would probably to convince Sordo to make another year (he said that retirement is not 100% decided) to share a car with Mikkelsen, Lappi (if Toyota decides not to keep him) or Suninen.

Taking a rookie doesn’t sound very possible considering there is no big talent available and you know you would have to spend another development season.
    But the driver market will probably not moved before one or two months: all the main drivers have a contract (and 2 seats already locked for Toyota and Hyundai), a lot of uncertainty with youngsters being quite disappointing and also probably some question marks about the future of the trio Sordo/Loeb/Ogier.
    Belgium-Greece and New Zealand (and at last Catalunya because Japan is too late) will probably help some directors to take decisions.

I dont know yes his driving style is very agressive but good drivers can adapt to anything for example Grönholm. Root cause is in my opinion that he isnt learning and discovering things himself. There is rumors that his father even made him setup last season. When he starts to learn things him self he can find the style that he is most comfortable in. One of the reason i think he is driving so agressive is the pressure he is under and he is just trying too hard and the Fast driving now doesnt come naturally.
    Also co-driver change should be made in my opinion to someone more experienced than edmonsson and who will sometimes disagree with him and tell him if he is doing something wrong and not just say okay to everything.

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (9th August 2022)
    Liked 401 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Well he was in the car in Monza 2021, wasn't rally impressive.
    But then again it was in the old tricky tarmac car (and by that time Solberg was already announced with Sordo in 3rd car).
    Well he was underwhelming in Monza, but he would have been a good substitute for Sordo on the fast gravel (and sweden) events. But yeah by that point Solberg was already confirmed.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    to me, best way for hiunday would be to make a satellite "monster energy" team with Solberg family running it, 1 car for oliver development without pressure and maybe another one for paying youngsters.
    Main team with 3rd car free for rotating even 10 drivers if they fit.

9. Likes: Sulland (10th August 2022),WRC1 (11th August 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Also co-driver change should be made in my opinion to someone more experienced than edmonsson and who will sometimes disagree with him and tell him if he is doing something wrong and not just say okay to everything.
    What makes you think Elliott 'just says okay' to everything? Co-drivers without brains don't end up in world rally cars.

That's pretty rude about a guy with more than enough experience at the top level (don't forget he was Elfyn's test and gravel crew co-driver for a couple of years).

It's not like Gus turned into an instant rally winner after replacing him with Chris Patterson...

11. Likes: cali (10th August 2022),steve.mandzij (10th August 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    What makes you think Elliott 'just says okay' to everything? Co-drivers without brains don't end up in world rally cars.

That's pretty rude about a guy with more than enough experience at the top level (don't forget he was Elfyn's test and gravel crew co-driver for a couple of years).

It's not like Gus turned into an instant rally winner after replacing him with Chris Patterson...
    Last time someone said something against oliver meaning Aaron he was immediately replaced. Someone like Sebastian Marshall would be really good option in my opinion

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Marshall doesnt fit into the car
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Anyone hear the Dirtfish podcast where they back Solberg's driving talent with reference to his speed at a young age in a 600hp RX car. And also in the high-spec Subaru WRX STI on his first experience of American rallies ?

He clearly has a big talent and I cant see him taking a step back from Rally 1. Small mistakes are punished hard at this level and look how many mistakes even the mighty Tanak made over the years before he became the finished article...