Page 59 of 280 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Yep, Neuville is a great driver but if he’s really complaining about the i20 development it’s a shame to be talking to the press (just like Meeke did in Citroen); internal issues should be discussed in house, not in public.

Anyway, it seems he has understood that Loeb will be there mainly to help Hyundai getting the manus title; next year even Neuville may have to put the team interests above his personal targets.
    Rally addict since 1982

2. Likes: AnttiL (29th December 2018),TWRC (30th December 2018),WRC1 (29th December 2018)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Manufacturer's will be the priority for sure. They need a Title for all the money they've put in so far.

Neuville's best two chances have gone.

4. Likes: able1 (30th December 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Reality is that there is only 1 driver who did better last 5-6 years. Neuville has been 2nd behind Ogier in the championship 4 times.
    If you continue that way of thinking, you need to sack everybody but Ogier?
    The difference is, overall, Ogier hasn't had the best car without the biggest budget behind him for the last two years and he's beaten Neuville.
    If he was in the Hyundai, he probably would have had it home and dry in that car too... whereas Neuville just can't stitch it together.
    2019 will be different, as Tanak will be the man with the target on his back... if they can get the superglue to set on the Toyota, he will be untouchable.

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    The difference is, overall, Ogier hasn't had the best car without the biggest budget behind him for the last two years and he's beaten Neuville.
    If he was in the Hyundai, he probably would have had it home and dry in that car too... whereas Neuville just can't stitch it together.
    2019 will be different, as Tanak will be the man with the target on his back... if they can get the superglue to set on the Toyota, he will be untouchable.
    I agree that Ogier was better than Neuville previous seasons. But Mikkelsen, Sordo, Latvala, Lappi, Evans, Suninen, Meeke, Ostberg, Breen... weren't.

7. Likes: AnttiL (31st December 2018),dodge33cymru (31st December 2018)
    Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    I agree that Ogier was better than Neuville previous seasons. But Mikkelsen, Sordo, Latvala, Lappi, Evans, Suninen, Meeke, Ostberg, Breen... weren't.
    +1

Some people have a strange way of mocking the people who come 2nd sometimes, rather than seeing them as doing better than everyone bar the winner. In all sports. Crucially, would you say that Neuville is one of the most likely 3 drivers to challenge Ogier and claim WRC wins (and get Hyundai publicity)? If so, then it's completely correct that Hyundai back him 100%.

Anyway, he's there next year, let's see how he does.
    aka Rodger Davies

9. Likes: dupanton (31st December 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Some people have a strange way of mocking the people who come 2nd sometimes, rather than seeing them as doing better than everyone bar the winner. In all sports.
    That's unfortunately the way some people see things nowadays. And as you said, in all sports (let alone politics...). Either you win or you're nothing.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Some people have a strange way of mocking the people who come 2nd sometimes, rather than seeing them as doing better than everyone bar the winner.
    I think they call it trolling, along with the frustration Ogier always wins - the frustration is then forwarded against the challenger.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    I think they call it trolling, along with the frustration Ogier always wins - the frustration is then forwarded against the challenger.
    If you’re referring to my post, then how on earth can you say I’m trolling?
    I just basically said Ogier did a better job (or Neuville did a worse job, whichever way you look at it) when he had less resources at his disposal.
    I’ve got nothing at all against any of the drivers, don’t have favourites (saying that, I like Latvala’s disposition and cheeriness) but I can’t help thinking that Neuville just didn’t have what it took to rise to the (very) top over the last couple of years.... especially given the money they’ve thrown at the job.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    If you’re referring to my post, then how on earth can you say I’m trolling?
    Not Yours, I meant the previous trolling one.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Not Yours, I meant the previous trolling one.
    Oops.. sorry pal, I thought what you posted was linked to what I wrote... my fault I got it wrong..

All the best.