Page 271 of 281 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 2804

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    Nope. I am also wondering what he is doing this year, as he did leave the rally tv crew with a clear plan for 2024.
    Coordinator explains his role pretty much i think, being a 2nd pair of eyes for the co drivers
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 28th January 2024 at 15:54.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

2. Likes: Myrvold (31st January 2024),seb_sh (28th January 2024),trykmann (28th January 2024)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Coordinator explains his role pretty much i think, being a 2nd pair of eyes for the co drivers
    Remember Cyril said they need to improve their operations and eliminate mistakes, I suppose this one of the measures to achieve that.

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Do we know if Tanak will get a Rally2 car for Rally Estonia (ERC)? Cuz Hyundai can do that, eh?

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    Do we know if Tanak will get a Rally2 car for Rally Estonia (ERC)? Cuz Hyundai can do that, eh?
    I heard from my friend that as there is national champioship also together with ERC, then there is a (legal) loophole, that rally1 cars can drive.
    I'm sure somebody knows more details to tell..

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    I heard from my friend that as there is national champioship also together with ERC, then there is a (legal) loophole, that rally1 cars can drive.
    I'm sure somebody knows more details to tell..
    Yes, in case there is interest from Rally1 teams there is a "loophole" in the regulations, that they can be there. Also, in the way, one driver can do Saturday and another driver Sunday. It was explained by Aava during press conference. But please don't expect me to explain the loophole

7. Likes: TypeR (30th January 2024)
    Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Awesome!.... Tho I'd rather see him driving a Rally2 as a one-off for ERC. Lets see how it goes

Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    According to this article, the drives between ,,half-seasoners'' divide like that..

https://www.rallit.fi/esapekka-lappi...auden-ohjelma/

Mikkelsen:
    - Monte-Carlo
    - Croatia
    - CER
    - Japan

Sordo:
    - Portugal
    - Sardegna
    - Acropolis

Lappi:
    - Sweden
    - Kenya
    - Poland
    - Latvia
    - Finland
    - Chile

Although I don't understand the point of Sordo doing 3 rallies only.. better let Mikkelsen get used to the car or give Suninem a chance. I doubt they would do worse on these rallies.

But okay, I'm not the team principal and don't decide anything

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Mikkelsen said in an interview he had contract for 5 rallies, all tarmac rounds and one that was not decided.
    I would expect Acropolis as the most likely candidate, based on his recent performance there.

But so far I don't quite understand their approach with him. Suninen got a test rally before his starts on both tarmac and gravel last year + test days and he also tested at end of 2022. Mikkelsen got 1 day test.

What did they then expect vs guys with 20+ starts in Rally1? (even Fourmaux had 12 and Munster 2). Note that Evans used like half the season to get used to Rally1 and Sordo somehow never really managed it.
    Most likely explanation was that Mikkelsen was just told to finish (a bit like Lappi in Japan).

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Yes, Mikkelsen was told to finish and get to know the car. They also tested setups.
    Hyundai also "sacrified" his gravelcrew to give Neuville and Tänak optimal information, don't know how?

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Yes, in case there is interest from Rally1 teams there is a "loophole" in the regulations, that they can be there. Also, in the way, one driver can do Saturday and another driver Sunday. It was explained by Aava during press conference. But please don't expect me to explain the loophole
    No need for a loophole in National Rally regulations - you just write in what you want. You can also have two National Rallies - one on the first day & one on the second and get two WRC stars in the same car, one on each day. Simple!