Page 31 of 280 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    ... But yeah came with chance for 2 titles, took 0 and didn't win rally. Msport and Toyota each took one and Citroen went there basically without ambitions.
    I agree with you here. As good a drive as Paddon's was, the mood in HQ wouldn't have been particularly cheery. I'm sure they have conveyed their congratulations when they arrived back to base.
    Some of the hysteria that's been whipped up around this issue is ridiculous and surely not helpful to Paddon's cause.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
    I agree with you here. As good a drive as Paddon's was, the mood in HQ wouldn't have been particularly cheery. I'm sure they have conveyed their congratulations when they arrived back to base.
    Some of the hysteria that's been whipped up around this issue is ridiculous and surely not helpful to Paddon's cause.
    When someone acts as a loser, he always be one.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    if hyundai wants (good) points from every rally, they should give full season to Sordo

Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    You cant blame them for looking sad...

They lost the Manus title to Tommi's new team (Toyota), after losing to a private team (M-Sport) last year !

Plus Neuville blew the Driver's title when it was the best chance he's ever going to have.

They've been in the WRC for a good while no, spent a fortune... and won nothing.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    They we're damn close though. We had three teams in it to win it this year. I hope it's the same next year but unfortunately MSport will need a miracle to do the same for 2019.

Toyota seems like they will dominate but this will force Hyundai and Citroen to up their game which is great. Nueville will be a threat again. Ogier will be in a new car and who knows what will happen.

It's part of Motorsport. Nuevilles teammates did not help him in any way this year. Seb deserved his win but his teammates should share some glory in that too. Literally giving away minutes of time to help the Frenchman. Mikkelsen was the worst of the drivers this year. He should move to Ford.. maybe the Fiesta will fit his style.

Hyundai has a lot of work to do. The Korean Japanese rivarly is very strong and I'm sure they will do as much as they can to improve for 2019. Citroen should also be up there. The dark horse is MSport going I to 2019. Suninen and maybe Breen cannot carry them to any victories. Loeb won't be doing them any favors...might just be a year of paying drivers like Turderidis, Greensmith and maybe Camili having a go. Block also wants to do Mexico, Chile, Argentina and Spain. So it was will just be business for Malcom this year.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    "The year looked promising, but at mid-season we lost control of the championship," said Alain Penasse, Hyundai Motorsport's Belgian team manager, Olivier Gaspard's mate. RTBF's special correspondent in Australia In the end, we finished twice in second place, with Thierry at the drivers 'side, and Hyundai Motorsport at the constructors', these are the little details that made the difference. next time we have to go back and get the two world titles, we have our chances, we've proved we're in the game. "

At the microphone RTBF, the Belgian driver spoke Sunday at the end of the Rally Australia his desire to see Hyundai play "tactical" in his favor from the beginning of the season 2019, as M-Sport did with Sébastien Ogier this year, but Alain Penasse does not agree ...

"I do not agree at all with the team game from the start of the season," said the Belgian Hyundai Motorsport team manager, "there are other drivers under contract, and the goal is not to demotivate them in the first race, look at Elfyn Evans at M-Sport, who had to park himself after Sweden, had a very difficult season and only got back on track for the last two races It's true, M-Sport has the title of the drivers with Sebastien Ogier, but I think that we should not go so far in the team instructions.At the end of the season, if we are in position and able to apply it correctly, you have to do it, but not at the first race of the season. "
    https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...qXXBwgge-0sjKo

Liked 845 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    They we're damn close though. We had three teams in it to win it this year. I hope it's the same next year but unfortunately MSport will need a miracle to do the same for 2019.

Toyota seems like they will dominate but this will force Hyundai and Citroen to up their game which is great. Nueville will be a threat again. Ogier will be in a new car and who knows what will happen.

It's part of Motorsport. Nuevilles teammates did not help him in any way this year. Seb deserved his win but his teammates should share some glory in that too. Literally giving away minutes of time to help the Frenchman. Mikkelsen was the worst of the drivers this year. He should move to Ford.. maybe the Fiesta will fit his style.

Hyundai has a lot of work to do. The Korean Japanese rivarly is very strong and I'm sure they will do as much as they can to improve for 2019. Citroen should also be up there. The dark horse is MSport going I to 2019. Suninen and maybe Breen cannot carry them to any victories. Loeb won't be doing them any favors...might just be a year of paying drivers like Turderidis, Greensmith and maybe Camili having a go. Block also wants to do Mexico, Chile, Argentina and Spain. So it was will just be business for Malcom this year.
    It won't serve as any consolation for the team, but it's unfair to say Hyundai hasn't achieved anything in their four years of WRC. Their early years were tough and quite hopeless, really, but the 2016 i20 was the first car to properly challenge the Polo in it's dominant streak, and they had arguably the best car in 2017. The team's progress has been pretty clear and positive, even if their results don't show it.

What is true though is that 2018 has been pretty laughable for them. The i20 and the Fiesta are really starting to fall back against the Yaris and even the C3 is picking up the pace.

Liked 97 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    At the microphone RTBF, the Belgian driver spoke Sunday at the end of the Rally Australia his desire to see Hyundai play "tactical" in his favor from the beginning of the season 2019, as M-Sport did with Sébastien Ogier this year, but Alain Penasse does not agree ...

"I do not agree at all with the team game from the start of the season," said the Belgian Hyundai Motorsport team manager, "there are other drivers under contract, and the goal is not to demotivate them in the first race, look at Elfyn Evans at M-Sport, who had to park himself after Sweden, had a very difficult season and only got back on track for the last two races It's true, M-Sport has the title of the drivers with Sebastien Ogier, but I think that we should not go so far in the team instructions.At the end of the season, if we are in position and able to apply it correctly, you have to do it, but not at the first race of the season. "
    https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...qXXBwgge-0sjKo
    If other teams will adapt this "tactical" Ogier / F1 style 'only one driver in team' approach, it surely will be the best way to kill popularity of WRC! Back in the days we used to have up to 4 equally fast drivers in one team that could fight the same rally win without team orders - that should be still real on WRC.

Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Japé View Post
    If other teams will adapt this "tactical" Ogier / F1 style 'only one driver in team' approach, it surely will be the best way to kill popularity of WRC! Back in the days we used to have up to 4 equally fast drivers in one team that could fight the same rally win without team orders - that should be still real on WRC.
    It will be interesting next year to hear what Lappi and Loeb will say, when they have been forced to slow down...

10. Likes: pantealex (20th November 2018)
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...qXXBwgge-0sjKo[/QUOTE]

LOL. sorry sunshine but this is real world, no disneyland. So you may think it's not ethical, but at the end of the day the shareholders want titles, nothing else.

12. Likes: stefanvv (19th November 2018),steve.mandzij (19th November 2018),WRC1 (19th November 2018)