Page 44 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Why shouldn`t they invest in him again...in WRC2 etc, Loeb`s partial program should not have a bad influence in his career as he is young enough...maybe quite the opposite, learn from the best.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Sure, Thierry Neuville tells us that he has learned of the confirmation of Sébastien Loeb's commitment by Hyundai for the next two years (with a six-run program in 2019, which will start at the Monte Carlo). at the same time as everyone ", this Thursday in the early afternoon.

Good news ?

Yes, of course, it's good to have Loeb on his team! Sincerely, that's the thing I was waiting for Hyundai to finally fight for the title, or even for both titles!

It is true that in previous seasons, your teammates have not been a great help; neither for the team nor for you?

I do not want to say negative things about Andreas (Mikkelsen) or Dani (Sordo), who have had their share of bad luck, but have also been successful under certain circumstances. What I want to say is that the more the line-up will be strong, the more it will benefit everyone at Hyundai. Having Loeb with us is a great asset!

In the past, you also had the opportunity to complain that some drivers, like Ogier, had been able to count on the voluntary retreat of some of their teammates, to pick up some points in the championship. Do you think Loeb will be ready to do the same?

We'll see what happens during the season, but from the moment he does not make the whole championship, it's clear that Seb will obviously not play the title. He is there to strengthen the team as a whole, which is why the team hired him.

What does Sébastien Loeb mean to you?

First a nice memory, because he was close to me when I made my debut in WRC at the wheel of a DS3 WRC Citroën Junior Team. It was at the Monte Carlo 2012, almost 7 years ago. We shared the same infrastructure. It was nice to see him, and especially to see on this first occasion that we had him and me, the same sense of the party!

Did you ask him for some advice at the time?

No, I did not bother him too much: I started in the big leagues, as he approached what would be his last full season, finally crowned with a ninth world title.

And this time, are you going to ask him some tips to help the team evolve the car, or whatever?

No, I think that now, it is rather the other way that it will happen: it is rather he who will probably ask me one or the other pipe ...

https://www.lesoir.be/195441/article...t-pour-hyundai

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Surprised by that, something really doesn't feel right about it but I'm sure I'll get over that. I feel immensely sorry for Paddon though and hope he gets at least a full WRC2 Pro campaign; 2nd in Aus and doesn't have a seat at all next year.
    aka Rodger Davies

4. Likes: Rally Power (13th December 2018)
    Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts
    Congrats to Loeb and Hyundai for this deal. The 1 thing I don't understand is why is Mikkelsen doing Monte over Sordo. I thank the last 12 months has shown how poor Mikkelsen has been on tarmac compared to Sordo. He obviously has a very rock solid contract but I thought contracts were made to be broken! Gutted for Paddon though too.

6. Likes: satukata (13th December 2018)
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    Hyundai is NOT Citroen when contracts doesn't mean anything. How would you feel if your boss would kick you out?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Hyundai is NOT Citroen when contracts doesn't mean anything. How would you feel if your boss would kick you out?
    Well, Paddon and Sordo had contracts for 2018...drove only half seasons.

9. Likes: pantealex (14th December 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grutz View Post
    Congrats to Loeb and Hyundai for this deal. The 1 thing I don't understand is why is Mikkelsen doing Monte over Sordo. I thank the last 12 months has shown how poor Mikkelsen has been on tarmac compared to Sordo. He obviously has a very rock solid contract but I thought contracts were made to be broken! Gutted for Paddon though too.
    Appart from contract issues in Monte Mikkelsen is usually very good. Even with i20 last year he was equal with Sordo until the technical issue. Then on Saturday Sordo crashed out from 3rd while Mikkelsen was fastest of the day.

Come Corsica Hyundai will have much more of a dilemma in case Loeb wants to drive it. There Sordo definitely looks like a better pick.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grutz View Post
    i don't understand why they don't run 4 or even 5 cars if they really want neuville to win the drivers title. i shouldn't be that big a problem with their budget.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    So what happens if Loeb wins the Monte and Sweden then?
    Still just six rounds?...
    I would be surprised.
    Last edited by T16; 13th December 2018 at 23:58.

13. Likes: pantealex (14th December 2018),WRC1 (13th December 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Loeb himself only wants to do 6 rounds. I think either the Hyundai press release or Motorsport interview says this.