Page 279 of 281 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281 LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 2804

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Based on the current regs but they were changed now and as a regular fan you may think it isn’t a big change but it is

Imagine They had made all the calculations and etc with current regs and now suddenly it’s changed
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 238 Times in 112 Posts
    “I’m sure, if the FIA needs a quicker decision, I’m very confident they can find ways. They must appreciate that a ratification of rules in June for a car that needs to be designed, tested and validated for January, it is not a lot of time to design, build, test and validate."
    “We are talking about substantial changes to the car and the power and weight distribution and aerodynamic behaviour, and the change to the wing is not a small change. I don’t want to put a figure on it, but it is a huge change. I know we are not in Formula 1, but aero in rally still matters and we are talking about balance shifts, and we need to do a good job around it. There are guidelines but now we need rules and as quickly as possible.”

- said Abiteboul, and it totally makes sense

3. Likes: becher (3rd April 2024),EstWRC (4th April 2024),TWRC (4th April 2024)
    Liked 616 Times in 327 Posts
    Why did the FIA panic?
    Why aren't the other teams complaining? They too need new wings.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 9,361 Times in 4,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Why aren't the other teams complaining? They too need new wings.
    They probably are... but not publicly.

Hyundai are also very sensitive after they were well behind the others in car development when the hybrid cars came out in 2022.

Plus the Hyundai HQ wont be at all happy about wasting more money and still unable to beat their deadly rival Toyota.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: Eli (7th April 2024),saco0o (7th April 2024)
    Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    im kinda losing interess in wrc this year but these type of content (and what dirtfish does too) are still really fun to watch. dammit, i guess i became a gen-z, needing 'reality show drama' instead of the actual to sport to get enterteined.

Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    im kinda losing interess in wrc this year but these type of content (and what dirtfish does too) are still really fun to watch. dammit, i guess i became a gen-z, needing 'reality show drama' instead of the actual to sport to get enterteined.
    You hasve a point here. Reality more than incar from stages. But what should it be more than a camera in the face of a mechanics then?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    You hasve a point here. Reality more than incar from stages. But what should it be more than a camera in the face of a mechanics then?
    i used to enjoy eurosport's 45 minute highlights from the erc. its basically like what redbull tv does for wrc, but it was all compressed into one 45 minute video instead of three 25 minute video where lots of these 25+25+25 are just recaps and introductions (for saturday and sunday). they used to follow some story more close, like ingram battling lukyanuk, or solberg battling lukyanuk, or following the 'local entry' that normally won the race, which was cool. that said, i think most of us like to see these 'behind the scene' stuff, drivers interacting a little bit, some talks with the mechanics. nothing exagerated, just some piece of the 'whats wrong with the car now?". im becoming a fan of dirt fish's weird coverage, where colin clark is the actual star (haha). those bloopers and the big half hour behind the scenes videos they are doing. if i were in charge, i guess i'd make a mix of these stuff. insert the behind the scene stuff + the "follow the story of the rally", all into the 3 day combined highlights into one thing. have that on tv too, on sunday evening. but anyway, we all have ideas on "how to improve wrc promotion and broadcast" here, eh

Liked 1,483 Times in 845 Posts
    On a different matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxCYUflNRH4

Tänak's insight from his crash in Monte-Carlo back in 2020.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

12. Likes: EstWRC (10th April 2024)
    Liked 2,131 Times in 925 Posts
    Seems like Hyundai drivers are also part time fashion models..
    New overalls' design again.