Page 57 of 280 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    what a strange guy,he didnt moan about start position.
    Maybe running a fever or smthing.. or one moner per team allowed

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    In the wake of the announcement of the arrival of Sébastien Loeb at Hyundai Motorsport for six WRC 2019 events, the Korean manufacturer's focus is on the preparations for the next season, which will start at the end of January at the Monte Rally. -Carlo.
    A test that Loeb will tackle with very little running, in the wake of his Dakar participation on a Peugeot 3008 DKR operated by the PH Sport structure. But the presence of the nine-time world champion can bring only the most according to Thierry Neuville.
    "We are three drivers to have the same feelings, the same comments, told us the vice-world champion 2018. If now Sebastien Loeb arrives more and abounds in this direction, we will be four. If we can not convince our technicians to change things, then they have to ask questions. "
    The Belgian also specifies to have immediately "supported" the recruitment of French, achieved in priority to win the crown Manufacturers, eagerly desired by the entity based in Alzenau in Germany.

"It's been a while since I knew there were contacts. They were discussing it, he had tried the car ... When I was confronted with the question internally, I was immediately for! It can only be good.
    From the moment he does not do all the championship, he will be there to help us in the fight for the Constructors title, but also for the Drivers. For the latter, it is impossible to claim by not competing 14 rallies.
    It's a welcome extra help. I am delighted and if, with his contribution, we can get even closer to the titles and why not pick them up, that would be the ideal scenario. And it's better to have it with you than against you! "
    Discover our complete decryption of the arrival of Sébastien Loeb at Hyundai Motorsport, in AUTOhebdo # 2196, which remains available in digital format and still on newsstands this week.

https://www.autohebdo.fr/wrc/actuali...ai-199936.html

Liked 311 Times in 117 Posts
    Last year at this time, Neuvile said " Loeb, not sure he could keep up with the pace"
    "C'est une triste chose de songer que la nature parle et que le genre humain n'écoute pas" (Victor Hugo)

4. Likes: WUff1 (28th December 2018)
    Liked 257 Times in 161 Posts
    "If now Sebastien Loeb arrives more and abounds in this direction, we will be four. If we can not convince our technicians to change things, then they have to ask questions."

Interesting thing that he say, maybe Paddon was only that was pushing for changes and that's why he was dropped despite loyalty...

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    "If now Sebastien Loeb arrives more and abounds in this direction, we will be four. If we can not convince our technicians to change things, then they have to ask questions."

Interesting thing that he say, maybe Paddon was only that was pushing for changes and that's why he was dropped despite loyalty...
    It sounds weird if Paddon would be the only one, and not Mikkelsen as well.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Before spain 2018
    "WRC Crew Notes: Mikkelsen/Jćger (#4 Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC)
    • Strong performances in Turkey and Wales Rally GB unrewarded for Norwegians
    • Improved feeling in the i20 Coupe WRC bodes well for Spain

Mikkelsen said: “We have made important steps in the past few rallies, which have not really been reflected in our overall results. The feeling and rhythm I have had with the i20 Coupe WRC has allowed me to pick up stage wins and to fight at the top end of the field. This is greatly encouraging. Rally Spain could be good for us. I feel that we have made some improvements on tarmac in preparation for this event. We have to see if all our homework pays off. It will be a crucial rally for the championship, so we have to be on top of our game.”

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by René View Post
    Last year at this time, Neuvile said " Loeb, not sure he could keep up with the pace"

Reality has a way of pointing out our errors....Even to a Belge. (and if you look at my name you'll see you know what I am talking about for I too have the Belge blood in my veins---along with the traditionally very thick skull....)
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 257 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    It sounds weird if Paddon would be the only one, and not Mikkelsen as well.
    I'm just guessing, since Neville said that they are four now. Maybe Mikkelsen is quiet and play by other strings, I don't know.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    I'm just guessing, since Neville said that they are four now. Maybe Mikkelsen is quiet and play by other strings, I don't know.
    Something may be lost in translation here. Is it the suggestion that all drivers other than Paddon were happy with the car and only he was pushing for set up changes? And that is why he was dropped? If so, which I doubt, that is beyond crazy. Paddon is renowned for his technical know-how and is credited with the transmission changes which made the car drive-able. The theory is simply nonsense.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    It's 100% clear that 2 of those 3 are Neuville and Mikkelsen.
    Neuville was the one answering the interview. Mikkelsen has terrible tarmac pace, has been vocal about struggling with the car on tarmac whole year and is buddy with Neuville.

The quotes by Zeakiwi are tanken out of context. They are from before Spain when Hyundai made the only changes to the car on tarmac for the whole year (according to Mikkelsen this was 8 months after he asked for some changes).

The 3rd one can be either Paddon or Sordo. If it's about the car in general Paddon is more likely, if it's about tarmac it can be Sordo as well. (and since Neuville seemingly doesn't get well along with Paddon it is more likely he would mention Sordo)

The conspiracy theories some people here try to spin around are truly amazing. Specially since 1 month ago numerous NZ people here were pointing out how loyal Paddon is not complaining about the car while Mikkelsen does it often.