Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 242 Times in 98 Posts
    Last year at this time, Neuvile said " Loeb, not sure he could keep up with the pace"
    "C'est une triste chose de songer que la nature parle et que le genre humain n'Úcoute pas" (Victor Hugo)

2. Likes: WUff1 (28th December 2018)
    Liked 111 Times in 70 Posts
    "If now Sebastien Loeb arrives more and abounds in this direction, we will be four. If we can not convince our technicians to change things, then they have to ask questions."

Interesting thing that he say, maybe Paddon was only that was pushing for changes and that's why he was dropped despite loyalty...

Liked 220 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    "If now Sebastien Loeb arrives more and abounds in this direction, we will be four. If we can not convince our technicians to change things, then they have to ask questions."

Interesting thing that he say, maybe Paddon was only that was pushing for changes and that's why he was dropped despite loyalty...
    It sounds weird if Paddon would be the only one, and not Mikkelsen as well.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Before spain 2018
    "WRC Crew Notes: Mikkelsen/JŠger (#4 Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC)
    • Strong performances in Turkey and Wales Rally GB unrewarded for Norwegians
    • Improved feeling in the i20 Coupe WRC bodes well for Spain

Mikkelsen said: “We have made important steps in the past few rallies, which have not really been reflected in our overall results. The feeling and rhythm I have had with the i20 Coupe WRC has allowed me to pick up stage wins and to fight at the top end of the field. This is greatly encouraging. Rally Spain could be good for us. I feel that we have made some improvements on tarmac in preparation for this event. We have to see if all our homework pays off. It will be a crucial rally for the championship, so we have to be on top of our game.”

Liked 527 Times in 279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RenÚ View Post
    Last year at this time, Neuvile said " Loeb, not sure he could keep up with the pace"

Reality has a way of pointing out our errors....Even to a Belge. (and if you look at my name you'll see you know what I am talking about for I too have the Belge blood in my veins---along with the traditionally very thick skull....)
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 111 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    It sounds weird if Paddon would be the only one, and not Mikkelsen as well.
    I'm just guessing, since Neville said that they are four now. Maybe Mikkelsen is quiet and play by other strings, I don't know.

Visionary
    Liked 167 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    I'm just guessing, since Neville said that they are four now. Maybe Mikkelsen is quiet and play by other strings, I don't know.
    Something may be lost in translation here. Is it the suggestion that all drivers other than Paddon were happy with the car and only he was pushing for set up changes? And that is why he was dropped? If so, which I doubt, that is beyond crazy. Paddon is renowned for his technical know-how and is credited with the transmission changes which made the car drive-able. The theory is simply nonsense.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a paramedic.

Liked 1,426 Times in 799 Posts
    It's 100% clear that 2 of those 3 are Neuville and Mikkelsen.
    Neuville was the one answering the interview. Mikkelsen has terrible tarmac pace, has been vocal about struggling with the car on tarmac whole year and is buddy with Neuville.

The quotes by Zeakiwi are tanken out of context. They are from before Spain when Hyundai made the only changes to the car on tarmac for the whole year (according to Mikkelsen this was 8 months after he asked for some changes).

The 3rd one can be either Paddon or Sordo. If it's about the car in general Paddon is more likely, if it's about tarmac it can be Sordo as well. (and since Neuville seemingly doesn't get well along with Paddon it is more likely he would mention Sordo)

The conspiracy theories some people here try to spin around are truly amazing. Specially since 1 month ago numerous NZ people here were pointing out how loyal Paddon is not complaining about the car while Mikkelsen does it often.

Liked 1,426 Times in 799 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
    Something may be lost in translation here. Is it the suggestion that all drivers other than Paddon were happy with the car and only he was pushing for set up changes?
    Neuville says 3 drivers including him agree on something that some technicians don't agree on.

Note that he does not say some driver does not agree. Might even mean that he means all 3 drivers currently in the team or all 3 drivers that drove the car on tarmac this year.

Liked 399 Times in 206 Posts
    well clearly something was wrong with the way the car had to be driven to be fast.