Page 53 of 280 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 256 Times in 160 Posts
    Guys look at the dates of WRC 2019 and World RX 2019. If this is real planned events for Loeb than he will miss only one round in rallycross. And that's is Belgium because of Chile. If he would drive any other event than Chile than every other events on calendar clashes with others. It's not that hard to find out that he may be in two series at the same time. It's quite logical. With GRX practically best privateer in rallycross they have a huge chance of the title now.

2. Likes: AnttiL (17th December 2018),pantealex (17th December 2018)
    Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Everyone knows that he can challenge neuville for a WDC if the stuff work properly.
    No, we don't. I never saw mikkelsen as more than an ostberg who happened to drive the best car for a few years.
    Loeb, ogier, neuville, meeke, tanak, ... all got where they are due to their talent, mikkelsen got where he is because of his daddy's money.
    He's not bad, perhaps in the right team and the right car he might be champion one day. but he will never be as good as ogier, and probably not even as good as neuville.
    I really don't belive in neuville to be the right one to be the No.1 in the team, two years in the row he has litterally missed the open goal. One thing is if he hasn't bragged about in front, but when he says that he has 80% WDC in his pocket, and both times don't deliver, he litterally shit on his own legs.
    Neuville fucked up in 2017, that should have been his championship. He was the fastest car/driver combination that year. Only his own mistakes kept him from taking the title.

But in 2018, i don't think there was that much he has done wrong. The car was lagging behind in lots of rally's.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post

But in 2018, i don't think there was that much he has done wrong. The car was lagging behind in lots of rally's.
    So was Ogier's car as well. But Neuville screwed up bad in Wales, he could have fought for the win rally without going to the ditch. And then he screwed up by ramming the chicane in Australia and had to start first on the road for the rest of the rally and finally crashed on the last day. He also crashed in Finland but even removing that timeloss woudln't put him up any positions, or it wouldn't have probably even changed the Saturday road order.

5. Likes: Allez Andruet (17th December 2018),pantealex (17th December 2018)
    Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    No, we don't. I never saw mikkelsen as more than an ostberg who happened to drive the best car for a few years.
    Loeb, ogier, neuville, meeke, tanak, ... all got where they are due to their talent, mikkelsen got where he is because of his daddy's money.
    He's not bad, perhaps in the right team and the right car he might be champion one day. but he will never be as good as ogier, and probably not even as good as neuville.
    No, Mikkelsen is not there by his dads money, he lost most of it in the finacial crisis in 2008, and Mikkelsen was out of rallying. Veiby/Even managment startet basically because of Mikkelsen had a talent, but no money.
    Of course he had showed something before, so Veiby was avare of him.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

7. Likes: pantealex (17th December 2018),Rallyper (17th December 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    So was Ogier's car as well. But Neuville screwed up bad in Wales, he could have fought for the win rally without going to the ditch. And then he screwed up by ramming the chicane in Australia and had to start first on the road for the rest of the rally and finally crashed on the last day. He also crashed in Finland but even removing that timeloss woudln't put him up any positions, or it wouldn't have probably even changed the Saturday road order.
    Yep, I think the whole championship battle was almost more about Neuville losing it than Ogier winning it. And on top of that, Neuville - in my opinion - was extremely lucky with his off in Finland.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

9. Likes: AnttiL (17th December 2018),pantealex (17th December 2018)
    Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    No-one's saying he's a useless driver. The point was that he's unlikely to challenge Neuville or anyone else for the WDC title. Geez, when did it become so black and white that either you're the champ or a useless driver?
    Well, it sounds a tad different sometimes i must say

I think he is on par with neuville, at least.
    Hopefully things will change quite early in 2019, so he can show what he is capable of.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

I never saw mikkelsen as more than an ostberg who happened to drive the best car for a few years.
    Well said, always thought the same. And by that I don't mean to downplay anything Mikkelsen has done. Let's just say that he's been lucky compared to many others.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    I think he is on par with neuville, at least.
    I don't think the statistics quite agree with you on that one...

13. Likes: AnttiL (17th December 2018),pantealex (17th December 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturlabr View Post
    Lawyers or no lawyers, in the end IT looks to me Mikkelsen did have a very good contract. Good for him.

What interesst me The most after Loebs arrival is what he can influence and do with The cars setup and future upgrades. With a car better suited to all drivers especially paddon and Mikkelsen they would have fought for more podiums. Probably we would not had this discussion. On paper neuville, Mikkelsen and Paddon should have been a super team based on what they have shown earlier years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think I'm more surprised than anything that Hyundai don't have a performance clause in his contract.

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    And then he screwed up by ramming the chicane in Australia and had to start first on the road for the rest of the rally and finally crashed on the last day.
    He first had a puncture, than hit the chicane. You could hear them talking about the puncture (Neuville asked Nicolas if they had 2 punctures) a few seconds before they arrive at that chicane.
    And on Sunday, it was all or nothing, didn't loose it there.

He lost it with the mechanical faillure in Turkey.