Page 238 of 277 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2764

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 133 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 240RS View Post
    As for the Breen/Sordo car, how will they be expected to be significant players when the first 5 positions can only be obtained via misfortunes/problems for others???
    Count out Tanak - even if he gets Msport Works Puma or some private-last-minute project customer Puma, his ability to push for constant top 3 will be very doubtfull. As more time goes as less I understand Tanaks move - almost some Deja Vu from Martins move away from Focus to fading Peogeot. MM decision most probably was money, but in this case it is vice versa. Thus, to me both Hyundai and Toyota teams look good and rather equal. It will be a good fight, at lest for manuf. championship.

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 240RS View Post
    Lappi was no match for Rovanpera on gravel. And certainly wouldn't be expected to top Ogier on tarmac. Evans is generally accepted to hold the edge on Esapekka. Which means Hyundai got the fourth best driver from Toyota. My drift: It will be a minor miracle if the South Korean manufacturer were to win the makes title in 2023.

As for the Breen/Sordo car, how will they be expected to be significant players when the first 5 positions can only be obtained via misfortunes/problems for others???
    Challenging your first point, Rovanpera was struggling with the rhythm all weekend in Sardegna while Esapekka (sure, with road position to help) was leading until his accident. EP across a full season would have definitely done better than Evans IMO.

It's a shame he's had to leave Toyota, even if I understand his reasons. He was comfortable in the team and very quick in the car; as far as I know he struggles a lot when the setup isn't optimal, but time will tell if the Hyundai wasn't all that bad or if Tanak is just superhuman.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    ... EP across a full season would have definitely done better than Evans IMO.

It's a shame he's had to leave Toyota, even if I understand his reasons.
    According to his latest interviews he did not have to leave, but choose to himself.

He wasn't guaranteed exact number of starts but he wasn't getting kicked.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Andrea Adamo Reviews Hyundai’s 2022 WRC Season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYsiP85ZkFI
    After a season with highest number of new/young drivers in ages they talk how there are not enough of them.

Even after almost all of them failed (Solberg, Fourmaux, Greensmith, Breen) only Loubet and Katsuta had good seasons.

Lot of people agree that they failed cause they were pushed into new positions too early without previous suceses/experience.

The proposed solution by Clark is to make rules that push them too early in, and by Adamo to allow much more testing. "Unlimited" Toyota and Hyundai testing is what made MSport irrelevant in 2019/2020, the MSport that historically pushes young drives earliest in.

5. Likes: pettersolberg29 (23rd November 2022),steve.mandzij (19th November 2022)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Despite leading Hyundai to its most successful season ever in terms of World Rally Championship wins, deputy team director Julien Moncet has all-but admitted he will be replaced for next season.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/monce...l-be-replaced/

I feel for him. He's done a great job in very trying circumstances and been very dignified in doing so. And with no official thanks from the Hyundai management.

7. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (1st December 2022),RS (7th December 2022),steve.mandzij (23rd November 2022)
    Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 178 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Very strange indeed. I like the guy, his personality, but someone with zilch experience of rallying ? Smells like Hyundai switching horsed to circuit racing anytime soon. In which case it would be a smart move ...

Liked 2,090 Times in 903 Posts
    Could be also one of the reasons why Tanak decided to leave Hyundai..

11. Likes: WRC1 (7th December 2022)
    Liked 483 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Could be also one of the reasons why Tanak decided to leave Hyundai..
    Tänak left because of Abiteboul? Tänak rather left because there was no Abiteboul

13. Likes: cali (7th December 2022)
    Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Tänak left because of Abiteboul? Tänak rather left because there was no Abiteboul
    I think he`s referring to the switching to circuit part...