Page 105 of 280 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2800

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    And at the same time, Neuville can still win rallies with it.
    at Catalunya the true pace of yaris we saw at power stage.Tanak destroy Neuville,while Neuville was thinking that he will not be faster.

Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I was thinking the same. All drivers have had great pace on Yaris from the first rallies they did with it. In contrast the tarmac pace difference of Mikkelsen and Loeb from C3 to i20 is alarming. And at the same time, Neuville can still win rallies with it.
    Yep the tarmac pace is questionable. Only Neuville and Sordo can go fast there with the car.

On gravel it suits more or less for everyone.

And regarding mikkelsen. To be honest it seems to me it’s more him than the car. The guy just isn’t so adaptive IMO.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Yep the tarmac pace is questionable. Only Neuville and Sordo can go fast there with the car.

On gravel it suits more or less for everyone.

And regarding mikkelsen. To be honest it seems to me it’s more him than the car. The guy just isn’t so adaptive IMO.
    I don't get how you last part connects with rest. As you say on gravel it suits everyone in a way, though not on every single rally.

Neuville had 2 rallies this year where he was the slowest Hyundai and one of the slowest cars (Sardinia and Finland). Loeb was very slow in Sweden and on the stages he drove in Portugal. Mikkelsen was very slow in Chile.

On tarmac neither Mikkelsen nor Loeb can go fast with it.

Anyway very good point on previous page that there are only 2 tarmac rallies next year. Germany is also kind of special with 90deg corners and hairpins and Panzerplatte with surface that seems to suit Hyundai.

4. Likes: krissucool (31st October 2019)
    Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Adamo is on a mission... Makes you wonder what Hyundai would have achieved if he would have replaced the previous French guy (can't remember his name) earlier.
    he would have hired ogier in 2017 and hyundai would by now have 3 constructor titles and 2 driver titles.

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Adamo is on a mission... Makes you wonder what Hyundai would have achieved if he would have replaced the previous French guy (can't remember his name) earlier.
    Michal/Michel Nandan, who was a disaster but at least considerate of his contracted drivers.

I love Adamo but he's rather ruthless.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Michal/Michel Nandan, who was a disaster but at least considerate of his contracted drivers.

I love Adamo but he's rather ruthless.
    It was Nandan who dropped Paddon and Sordo each for one rally at end of 2017 for Mikkelsen an ran both for half season in 2018. Similarly ut was him who kicked Paddon and hired Loeb at end of 2018.

Even bigger problem with Nandan was his attitude to car(engineer) vs driver wishes. Engineers made a car and drivers should just get used to it. First after Adamo came they actually started to change the car to what different drivers wanted. Remember that Nandan was also responsible for 307WRC.

8. Likes: cali (1st November 2019),GravelBen (1st November 2019),steve.mandzij (1st November 2019)
    Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I don't get how you last part connects with rest. As you say on gravel it suits everyone in a way, though not on every single rally.

Neuville had 2 rallies this year where he was the slowest Hyundai and one of the slowest cars (Sardinia and Finland). Loeb was very slow in Sweden and on the stages he drove in Portugal. Mikkelsen was very slow in Chile.

On tarmac neither Mikkelsen nor Loeb can go fast with it.

Anyway very good point on previous page that there are only 2 tarmac rallies next year. Germany is also kind of special with 90deg corners and hairpins and Panzerplatte with surface that seems to suit Hyundai.
    what i meant was that on gravel the drivers do better than on tarmac.

Like you say that Mikkelsen and Loeb arent fast with it on tarmac but have been fast on certain gravel events, Loeb recently in Spain just a week ago.

Are Sordos and Neuvilles driving styles similar? Because Sordo is also fast with it in on both surfaces. But he has been also with the team since day1 so it can be that they both just understand better the car.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Neuville had 2 rallies this year where he was the slowest Hyundai and one of the slowest cars (Sardinia and Finland).
    Starting position. Also, in Sardegna he made mistakes.

Liked 658 Times in 317 Posts
    Mikkelsen out

Breen in

For Australia

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Mikkelsen out

Breen in

For Australia
    fact or guess?