Page 88 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    It's telling that Adamo doesn't trust him yes.

On the other hand both times Adamo dropped him he didn't get a good result from the 3rd driver either.
    - In Corsica Loeb finished 8th, one place worse than Mikkelsen the year before, being slowest Hyundai most of the weekend and with 2 crashes (I'd argue Sordo was the one who replace Mikkelsen though, not Loeb)
    - In Portugal Loeb was again slowest Hyundai whole weekend, got technical issues in 9th place and crashed out on PS for no reason

I agree it's almost impossible to drive with team boss having approach like this. If Mikkelsen pushes and crashes/retires from podium or even first (like in Monte or Mexico) he might get dropped. If he drives ok without the last bit of risk he might get dropped (did that for 4th in Sweden, after which he got dropped)...and if he drives slowly and secures points he will definitely get dropped (Chile).

Anyway, since he said he doesn't want Huttunen for Finland he definitely must have an alternative in mind already, so is it only Paddon or does he also have someone else? (Breen?)

Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Paddon has posted a few times recently on social media statements such as "...more power means a bigger show for spectators and also allows me to keep up to speed with driving a faster car - staying match fit for the WRC". This is in reference to converting his AP4 car to having more power for hillclimbs.

I wonder if something is in the pipeline...

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundo Farb View Post
    Paddon has posted a few times recently on social media statements such as "...more power means a bigger show for spectators and also allows me to keep up to speed with driving a faster car - staying match fit for the WRC". This is in reference to converting his AP4 car to having more power for hillclimbs.

I wonder if something is in the pipeline...
    He could be talking about the next NZ event which is one day long and has 200km special stage distance on roads with a lightly gravelled surface and many crests
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

Liked 48 Times in 17 Posts
    I think this result has confirmed the lineup for Finland. Dani will be on a high and will probably change his mind and want to do Finland now! While is is not my preferred lineup, I think it will now be Neuville, Mikkelsen, and Sordo!

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    He does not enjoy driving there (Sordo) and probably won't.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.fia.com/news/wrc-dani-so...hting-all-time

Q:
    When are we going to see you performing next? Finland maybe?
    DS: It is not maybe, I don't know.

Q:
    Would you like to be competing at Rally Finland? I know you don't have such a great relation with this event over the years.
    DS: Oh no, it's a nice place, nice roads, it's a nice rally, but I would like to try also there. It’s not my favourite rally, but I don't have the scare of Finland, it's a nice place, but I will not talk about anything that we don't know yet.

Q:
    Do you want to do more rallies, now that you have got this win on the board and you have been so competitive out there this weekend?
    DS: No. Honestly, my plan this year was to do 8-10 rallies maximum, so I continue with my plan, I really like to do rallies like these ones. I enjoyed it, I would like to win all like I do, I will not change my mind. Of course, I want to do eight rallies as it is stated in my contract this year.

And also this funny bit

Q:
    So, next event, Finland, what can we expect? Who is going to be in third car?
    AA: I have to say, as I already said to some of you, they already told me the name of the bird that hides its head under the sand (ostrich), so I will leave my head under the sand until tomorrow because I don't want to think about that, but sooner or later it will arrive.

Q:
    When is the sooner point when it will arrive? When are we going to know? On the entry list when it comes out?
    AA: I can tell you when the latest point is (he laughs). Honestly, that third one is really a question mark for me so far.

Teemu Suninen says:
    I am sure that there’s a guy in the team who is ready to do the rally and who would be really pleased to do it.

Q:
    Oh, really, can you reveal some secrets here then?
    TS: I have nothing…
    AA: Lately press conferences have seen secrets revealed. Some insiders know, maybe.
    TS: I didn't mean that one.

Q:
    We've heard lots of things on conferences in these days…
    AA: It is the most emotional moment of the rally lately, the press conference!
    TS: I meant someone who has done two Finnish championship rallies… I am sure he wants to do it.

Q:
    Do you think he should do it?
    TM: I think he knows. It’s.Jari Huttunen.
    AA: I don't know if he wants to do it, I also want to fly home tonight, but I can't, you know.

8. Likes: cali (17th June 2019),EstWRC (17th June 2019),pantealex (17th June 2019)
    If you look at Sordo's Rally Finland 2017 results, he was the slowest WRC on almost every stage. Same for Mikkelsen last year. Not an easy choice for Adamo. Out of those two I would pick Mikkelsen because he's familiar with the route which is largely the same as last year, whereas Sordo skipped the rally last year.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Mikkelsen is driving, it's the third car they are deciding on
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

11. Likes: er88 (17th June 2019)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Hidden in this Autosport article about Loeb winning his French national rally is seemingly confirmation that Huttunen won't drive the third car in Finland:

Despite Huttunen's win, Hyundai Motorsport director Andrea Adamo has confirmed he won't be driving the Korean squad's third car at Rally Finland in August.

"We use him because he is a guest driver and not a P1 driver," he said.

"Twice now - on separate rallies - he has tested the car and tested parts for us.

"This is what he's doing for us, he's checking the reliability on parts."

As for further news on Hyundai's third car in Finland, Adamo said: "I am like an ostrich at the moment.

"I have my head buried in the sand. Soon I have to take it out and make a decision."
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...ly-for-hyundai

Surely got to be Sordo then?

13. Likes: AnttiL (19th June 2019)