Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 aprc

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

2017 aprc

.@APRCtv Update
    @EVENmanagement's @OCVeiby to tackle full #APRC program with @MotorsportSkoda @MRF_Racing alongside @Gillracing

Last edited by dimviii; 10th April 2017 at 15:04.

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    Be interesting to see if he can adapt to the Asian roads and be more competitive than the previous MRF drivers have been against their team mate Gurav Gill.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Actually it's 2:3 for Gill

Atkinson defeated Gill
    Lappi lost with Gill
    Kopeckż defeated Gill
    Tidemand defeated Gill
    Kreim lost with Gill
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: b3637853 (12th April 2017),RS (12th April 2017)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Good solution of what to do with Veiby now Skoda are overflowing with drivers for WRC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Actually it's 2:3 for Gill

Atkinson defeated Gill
    Lappi lost with Gill
    Kopeckż defeated Gill
    Tidemand defeated Gill
    Kreim lost with Gill
    Yes but all I said was be MORE competitive... I didn't say that Gill had beaten all.

Gill is not a Skoda factory driver, or seen as a driver of the future by most I would suspect, yet he has been able to be very competitive against many of the supposedly "next big thing" drivers from Europe... If they are that good, surely they should be wiping the floor with him... Lappi is a great example of that not happening, yet he now has a WRC factory driver (in theory). I believe that the Skoda drivers have put up surprisingly poor results over the years against Gill. Whether that is a testament to his ability to learn the roads and the cars well, or whether he is actually that good I don't know. Comparing how he went in Whangarei last year vs the NZRC cars, I would suspect he isn't that fast.

7. Likes: leighton323 (13th April 2017)
    Liked 832 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    Yes but all I said was be MORE competitive... I didn't say that Gill had beaten all.

Gill is not a Skoda factory driver, or seen as a driver of the future by most I would suspect, yet he has been able to be very competitive against many of the supposedly "next big thing" drivers from Europe... If they are that good, surely they should be wiping the floor with him... Lappi is a great example of that not happening, yet he now has a WRC factory driver (in theory). I believe that the Skoda drivers have put up surprisingly poor results over the years against Gill. Whether that is a testament to his ability to learn the roads and the cars well, or whether he is actually that good I don't know. Comparing how he went in Whangarei last year vs the NZRC cars, I would suspect he isn't that fast.
    I agree about Lappi, but after all he almost lost the ERC title to the now "unemployed" Wiegand, his APRC season was disappointing. I still don't have an opinion on Kreim, being still young and used to tarmac. On the other hand, I think Kopecky and Tidemand did a very good job in APRC, winning it by quite a margin, were you expecting more from them? I wasn't. Especially from Kopecky, who excels on asphalt as well.

I agree Kopecky and Tidemand did win overall, but not as dominantly as I believe they should have. They both lost out on several rounds to Gill, and he also had particularly bad years coming in third in those championship results.

Anyway, the entries for APRC round 1 - Whangarei are out - http://www.rallywhangarei.co.nz/wp-c...r-ROW-2017.pdf

Another year of poor entries, although the Mirage R5 adds a new element. Be good to see how it compares to the Skoda, I don't imagine favorably! Also, what has happened to Mike Young?

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    If you keep an eye on aprc during last years you can see it is not that complicated. Gill is not fast but he is used to this surface and drove all the rounds for million times. So either you choose strategy of driving quite slow, learning and making attack in right time (and Gill would react with driving over his limit and crashing because he is not mentally stable enough) which is strategy used by Kopecky and wisely repeated by Tidemand OR you can drive insanely from the very beginning but most probably you will not finish the rally (which is Lappi“s case) .In fact it is simple.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    Another year of poor entries, although the Mirage R5 adds a new element. Be good to see how it compares to the Skoda, I don't imagine favorably!
    Let's not forget Škoda keeps using MRF tyres (logically when it's the MRF team). We can't say how much slower they are when we don't have direct comparison on the same car but as we can see with DMack in WRC sometimes the tyres make a huge difference. Therefore I wouldn't say that Mitsubishi is without a chance. Ketomaa is also very good and experienced driver whom I rate higher than Škoda guys.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Turner's Audi AP4 first start (entered in Whangarei APRC)
    https://www.facebook.com/turner.moto...5153411018903/

Mike Young is shown as a co-driving a classic Toyota Corolla and rally school teaching in Western Australia. The last article about Takale was that the Subaru was not fast enough and he was looking for another car, to at least do some Asian rounds of the APRC.
    http://www.cusco.co.jp/en/images/Pes...otorsports.pdf
    Sumiyama won a JSR event with the Cusco awd Toyota Vitz
    http://super-rally.net/716

13. Likes: pantealex (23rd April 2017),stefanvv (23rd April 2017)