Thread: MotoGP 2017

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

MotoGP 2017

Impressive two first races for Yamaha this season. Vinales 1 and Rossi 2 in both races.
    Honda struggling a bit. Both down in turn 2 today.
    Aprilia on the way up the field.
    KTM with both bikes in the points in Argentina
    Ducati hopelessly behind, and Lorenzo has no grasp on his new bike yet.

Real racing in bikes!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MotoGP Live Streaming free
    ruluhd.com/sport/racing/

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    If any of you guys want a friend to discuss MotoGP, instead of letting this thread die? Then I'll commit for the rest of the season.

4. Likes: Norm75 (14th September 2017)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Wet race at Misano today. Will be interesting!

Marquez biding his time. But good experience for Petrucci to be in contention for a win. I'm not sure he'll get a factory ride to challenge for wins regularly, so he has to put his best foot forward in the tricky conditions.

It's only a 2-4 corners in a lap that you have to defend hard. Next time, he may have the wherewithal to do it.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Petrux is an Italian, in an Italian team on an Italian bike, that is near as identical to the factory Ducati as any other motorcycle is compared to its factory counterpart.
    I'm not sure if his contract is direct with Ducati or not, but if Dovi or Lorenzo was to jump ship any time soon I would put money on Petrux getting the nod to fill either of their boots.

As for my predictions in the pre season thread, what on earth is going on with Iannone! Couldn't even be bothered to finish the race!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am curious about Rossi's overall performance this season! Although, I am proud of him, despite a bad injury, he was back in no time!

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Curious in what way?
    Rossi has been riding well in my opinion. He has suffered a couple of injuries training, chest injury earlier in the season and the tib and fib fractures about a month ago. His qualifying this year has possibly been the best it ever has this year, and the first half of the season the bike was more suited to Vinales than it was Rossi.

Then there is Dovi, who has been outstanding on the Ducati this year. He is normally well behind the factory Hondas and yamahas in championship standings, so for me he is performing out of his skin which makes the riders normally in front of him look a place worse than they are, if you know what I mean.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    What a magnificent race it was the last weekend in Australia. Moto GP at its best. If you can still catch a broadcast, do it.

Marquez will win. The idea of Dovizioso winning was exciting throughout the season. It's been a great season anyway. With Lorenzo slowly getting to grips with the Ducati. I only hope that he's set a new standard for himself and we can expect him being a title contender for a few years yet, maybe even win it still. My fear is that this year is a one off.