Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
    Liked 54 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    I hope everyone got their picks in for Brazil. I made a prediction early, but forgot to log in and change it, so my results might be a bit lacking. I suspect that unless the race goes all sideways or something that I might be in for a whooping!
    Quite often, that's how you make the most points. Be way off and then the stars align.
    Good luck all
    "Wives live longer than husbands, because they are not married to women" Colin Mochrie - "Whose Line is it anyway?" - The funniest TV show on earth!

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts

Brazil scores - Interlagos 2019

Well Mr Swiss did it again. Through the crazy race, he still managed some decent points, and beat us all.

ZDK rank/member/race points

21 mf_mr_swiss 33
    28 mf_airshifter 28
    34 tazio 25
    39 mfbagwan 24
    75 mfCOD 15

Nobody picked Max for pole, and Mr Swiss was the highest rank for pole time with a ZDK ranking of 23rd.

With the race at the front so tight, Mr Swiss takes the forum lead from Tazio. I'm lurking in 3rd and barring miracles or major screw ups at the front of the field, the race if for 1st and 2nd now. But big swings have happened in the past, so there might still be some movement beyond the fight at the front. It ain't over until the fat lady sings!

ZDK season ranking/movement/member/score

17 +4 mf_mr_swiss 707
    19 -2 tazio 703
    27 +3 mf_airshifter 688
    63 -1 mfCOD 636
    78 +2 mfbagwan 585

Only about a week to get in Abu Dhabi picks.... get them in early!

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    All should tremble , as the bagwan has his picks officially in .

4. Likes: airshifter (30th November 2019)
    It looks like everyone is in.... let's see how this all plays out!

No scores posted yet, but it looks to me like Mr Swiss and Taz wiped the floor with the rest of us! I think those two will easily beat us, and might have some really high scores. But with the risk points and such, it's hard to tell.

Will Taz be a double champion this year with FGP and ZDK pickems, or will Mr Swiss close the door and dash his hopes?

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    I'll be surprised if I overtake Mr Swiss. I don't think my picks were that great!
    May the forza be with you

Yas Marina Scores - Abu Dhabi 2019

Scores are in for the season finale.

As I suspected upthread, Mr Swiss spanked us hard. Though he didn't quite get the highest ZDK ranking of the season for the forum, he scored a 4th place ZDK rank with a season high score for the forum of 95 points! That is how you win big! Tazzy and COD had high scores as well, and secured the other two podium steps.

Tazio had the highest pole ranking of 36th, but at almost half a second off the pole time. I think it's safe to say that the rest of us really sucked at the pole time predictions.

ZDK rank/player/race score

4 mf_mr_swiss 95
    27 tazio 74
    32 mfCOD 72
    64 mf_airshifter 57
    77 mfbagwan 50

So with the season wrapped up, Mr Swiss comes out on top. But Tazio managed to stay in the top 20 as well, and had the lower pole time margin in the end. Mr Swiss and COD were 2nd and 3rd for pole time margin for the season, and me and the other non adjusted mf-er missed a prediction or two so they add massive pole time margins for each race you miss.

ZDK season ranking/movement/player/total points

12 +5 mf_mr_swiss 802
    20 -1 tazio 777
    34 -7 mf_airshifter 745
    59 +4 mfCOD 708
    79 -1 mfbagwan 635

It's a shame that they never did the interforum thing this year, but I think overall we still did fairly well. If nothing else we had a lot of fun talking major smack and then hoping it didn't come back to bite us. Have fun in the off season everyone, and I hope all you mf-ers and more are back next year. I'm fairly sure it will be a major smack down..... I'm just not sure who is going to do the smacking.

9. Likes: COD (11th December 2019),mr_swiss (30th December 2019),Tazio (10th December 2019)
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Congrats mr_swiss! Way to take the win emphatically with a great race score! See you guys next season!
    May the forza be with you

11. Likes: mr_swiss (30th December 2019)
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    So , if this was golf , I won by a lot of strokes .
    That's the way I like to look at this season .

635 also just happens to be my lucky number , so , obviously an omen of good things to come .

I came into this vicious , grinding , "dog-eat-dog" competition as an obvious favourite , but , I knew I would upset things horribly if I just started winning everything , so I tried to take a more "laid-back" approach , only showing mere moments of utter brilliance .

Remember all those headlines that talked about that guy who came out of nowhere to grab pole ?
    Gosh , I sure do . Those were great times , eh ?

I also want to point out that I secured my fifth position in the championship quite early in the season , which had a very stabilizing effect on me throughout the latter part , so some of you might want to think about that for some new strategy for next year .
    I saw you all struggling under the pressure , and I worried for you . I almost wept .

Next year , if we can get a few more players involved , I may also be under great pressure , because my coveted fifth position wouldn't be secure .

I guess I could go all "Briatore" on you guys , hack your computers into a crash just as your picks go in , and win that way , as long as no body found out it was me( damn , wish I knew how to delete that part).

Seriously though , thanks shifter , and ZDK for letting me in on the fun .
    And , even seriouslier , watch out for next season .

13. Likes: mr_swiss (30th December 2019),Tazio (10th December 2019)
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Nearly 100 less than mrSwiss. Well, shows how terribly I did. But good to finish on a decent score.

Well done all of you, will be back next year for sure, hope we get more players in.