Page 9 of 138 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarriK View Post
    Again same that skoda works doesn't like Rally Finland...
    How again?

They won both 2016 and 2015 and before they were committed to other championships. In 2011 when they did PWRC as semi-works team they did and win Finland too. Therefore this is the first time they skip Finland. I guess they want to enjoy some holidays before Germany and Barum which are the most important events for them.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: pantealex (1st July 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    How again?

They won both 2016 and 2015 and before they were committed to other championships. In 2011 when they did PWRC as semi-works team they did and win Finland too. Therefore this is the first time they skip Finland. I guess they want to enjoy some holidays before Germany and Barum which are the most important events for them.
    Plus they've basically got the championship in their pocket. No need to contest additional events.

4. Likes: pantealex (1st July 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzA...ZK8aXo53flddAg

Stage videos, showing for example the new chicanes for Ouninpohja

6. Likes: satnav (30th June 2017)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    WRC2 doesn't really have a lot of 'star quality' let's say but definitely some up and coming young guns. It could actually make for a far more entertaining battle across the rally. And I believe we are guaranteed a first-time winner in the class. Better than Tidemand romping away to win.
    Exactly. From Finnish point of view some interesting names there. Jari Huttunen to make a debut in WRC2. Juuso Nordgren also to measure his speed. He was 2nd in his FRC 4WD debut and won (ok, after Kalle) his 2nd event. Also we have our FRC leader Teemu Asunmaa. Some other names are not half that bad and definitily provide an entertainment value. I would've welcomed Tidemand and Mikkelsen to provide measure for speed, but hey, this is what we get. For me, Rally Finland is about people anyway.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

8. Likes: AnttiL (30th June 2017),electroliquid (30th June 2017),pantealex (1st July 2017),Rallyper (30th June 2017),Simmi (30th June 2017)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    How again?

However, this is the most dangerous way of ruling a team or a company. Get rested and think you´re the best, often means you are declining on a scale.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    However, this is the most dangerous way of ruling a team or a company. Get rested and think you´re the best, often means you are declining on a scale.
    Sorry Per, but You can't mean this iseriously, can You? Maybe You haven't noticed that only 7 events count into classification of WRC2 while there are 13 on the calendar.

They won every single rally this year, that is already 7 victories of 7 events. What more could they achieve? Bad management really?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: pantealex (1st July 2017),RS (2nd July 2017)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Ok. So are they quitting after 2017? To me every rally counts in your way to develop and to measure your standard. No team can stop doing that, even if they´re winning all the time. One day they will be catched up by others.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    Very true Per , the old saying is " Never rest on your laurels " ..........

14. Likes: Rallyper (1st July 2017)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First Finnish Rally

Hi,

I am attending my first Finnish Rally later this month. I have accomodation in Jyväskylä and have hired a car to get around.

Would those who have attended before please advise on the best stages to attend, how easy it is got get from stage to stage by car and just general advice that is not covered on the official website.

Any help would really be appreciated

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercotts View Post
    Hi,

I am attending my first Finnish Rally later this month. I have accomodation in Jyväskylä and have hired a car to get around.

Would those who have attended before please advise on the best stages to attend, how easy it is got get from stage to stage by car and just general advice that is not covered on the official website.

Any help would really be appreciated
    The big jumps at the end of Ruuhimäki (Shakedown) are pretty cool