Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

Project 4 No More

There is a rumour flying around with the McLaren techs at Bathurst, that the next McLaren will not be MP4-32 but MCL32 because of the departure of Ron Dennis.

MP4/12 was followed by MP4-13. Slash, then dash; now nothing.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 23 Times in 16 Posts
    I was hoping they might restart the numbering now the MP4 is stopping. After all, when MP4 came in they started the count again, after the M29 and M30 had proven not to be that great. It seemed to work, as the early MP4s started winning again. I mean, I'm sure there's more to it than that, such as work and effort and boring stuff like that, but I'd start again from 1, given the choice.

Did McLaren ever explain why they went from slash to dash? There seemed little reason for it; I did wonder if it was anything to do with computers and the fact that trying to save a file name is much easier with a dash in it than a slash...
    https://wordpress.com/stats/insights/stugrovesf1.wordpress.com

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Man, so many changes coming this season! It truly feels like a new era is starting.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith