Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    get my hair back. if I figure this one out, I'm golden
    Carpet Square.

It might not look real but it's as cheap as, bro'
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    This is going to sound a little "third world" , but I'm hoping to bring running water into my house for the first time this year .
    We've been bucket-filling the toilet with rain water for a little too long .

One small step for bagwan , and a giant leap into the bathtub for his family(it's a really big bathtub)(and a small family) .

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I want to move to another city.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    - persuade one particular girl to come live with me. if she still refuses - find another one to take me at her place.
    - wait for my ugly beard to grow up and finally take the shape I had dreamt for
    - find a suitable job that makes me feel "constructive"

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Get my car on track at VIR... FINALLY. I have a feeling that it's now or never.

And since my current employer has foolishly decided to get on the path to self-destruction prior to my retirement date, decide what I'm going to do within the next 6-12 months. Move with them on the road to chaos and take as much of their money as I can and then jump off the sinking ship (hopefully before it sinks), or just leave and find something local that will allow me to lead a relatively sane life from here on out.

Oh, and take my girlfriend on a train tour of the Grand Canyon in late summer. Traveling back & forth and spending time away from her for a year or two would bother me. First time in my life that I've experienced that emotion. Weird. What's happening to me???
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    ....... First time in my life that I've experienced that emotion. Weird. What's happening to me???
    I'm just starting hearing wedding bells......

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Get my car on track at VIR... FINALLY. I have a feeling that it's now or never.

And since my current employer has foolishly decided to get on the path to self-destruction prior to my retirement date, decide what I'm going to do within the next 6-12 months. Move with them on the road to chaos and take as much of their money as I can and then jump off the sinking ship (hopefully before it sinks), or just leave and find something local that will allow me to lead a relatively sane life from here on out.

Oh, and take my girlfriend on a train tour of the Grand Canyon in late summer. Traveling back & forth and spending time away from her for a year or two would bother me. First time in my life that I've experienced that emotion. Weird. What's happening to me???
    What's the car and what organization will you run with at VIR? I probably won't make it there until the SCCA MARRS event in October.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    What's the car and what organization will you run with at VIR? I probably won't make it there until the SCCA MARRS event in October.
    It's the STI that I bought a couple of years ago. I'm looking at the NASA HPDE/HyperFest sessions in May. Hopefully I can pull it off. But this year is already beginning to feel like I'm trying to pound a giant square peg into a tiny round hole. Just need a bigger hammer...

Do you ever attend the SVRA events there?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    It's the STI that I bought a couple of years ago. I'm looking at the NASA HPDE/HyperFest sessions in May. Hopefully I can pull it off. But this year is already beginning to feel like I'm trying to pound a giant square peg into a tiny round hole. Just need a bigger hammer...

Do you ever attend the SVRA events there?
    No. I'm pretty tied into SCCA and the Washington DC region's MARRS series now that I don't do pro stuff anymore. Most of the MARRS (Mid Atlantic Road Racing Series) events are held at Summit Point, which is my "local" track. There is always one at VIR (two this year) and usually one at NJMP (New Jersey Motorsport Park) and one at PittRace. Maybe we'll catch up at an event sometime soon.

NASA also has a couple of events at the new Dominion Raceway. Not sure how far that is for you. We've got a PDX there, which is similar to HPDE, in September.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

I wasn't aware of it. But looks like it's maybe 4 hours and change for me. If things don't work out at VIR, that's a definite possibility. And depending on how things roll this year, September might work out better than the May date at VIR.

Hopefully we'll catch up at some point. I don't think thsat I've met up with anyone from the board since the Champ Car race at Vegas years ago.