Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
#1: Made it to VIR and took part in an SCCA HPDE. Finally did it. Had a good time, but learned that while my car is damn fast, I'm not. I now have an even greater appreciation and respect for professional drivers and their ability to hit lap times that are within a tenth or so over the course of many laps. On a technical track like VIR, I can certainly say, this s### ain't as easy as it looks on TV.

#2: My company is run by people so incompetent that I turned down the "opportunity" to follow them through the gates of hell. It'll probably be another 4-6 months before they get to my department anyway. Economy is looking pretty good in my sector, so I'm not too pressed about what's next. What will be will be...

#3: No go on the Grand Canyon train tour last year. I think we'll either do that, or maybe a cruise, this year (even though I'm not so keen on being trapped on the ocean with other humans). The ladyfriend is great and I actually enjoy traveling and spending time with her (a unique feeling for a self-professed hermit such as myself). Life is good. Now, I'll just work on making life even better in 2018. I hope & pray for the very same for all of my fellow posters here. God bless you all.
Were you on the full 3.2 mile course or the short course? Going into 15 & 16 can give you a little pucker when you're at speed.