Page 35 of 263 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Liked 85 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Monte was the other driver's best chance to beat Ogier (late seat swap, new team, new car, little testing)... but he STILL won.

This doesn't bode well for when he has fully settled-in...
    Everybody (exept breen) was in a new car no?
    Don't exaggarate please. It's Ogier, he settles in quit quick (remember the first rally's with the VW, first drive in Peugeot 207 S2000 => victory, first drive in DS3 WRC => victory).
    We will see.
    'pitn skartn'

2. Likes: WRC1 (24th January 2017)
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Just keep telling yourself that, Thierry. Who knows, you may end up believing it!
    Still i think Thierry will be a real contender for victory on nearly every rally this year. Although he made a (what i read little) mistake in the Monte, i got the feeling he was very confortable in the car up to that point, and fast! Also his powerstage win says something.

4. Likes: jparker (24th January 2017),Rally Power (24th January 2017)
    Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    Still i think Thierry will be a real contender for victory on nearly every rally this year. Although he made a (what i read little) mistake in the Monte, i got the feeling he was very confortable in the car up to that point, and fast! Also his powerstage win says something.
    I agree with this, except for the powerstage. It doesn't say much because Ogier was nursing the win.
    But yes, if we don't take into account Ogier's off, up until Thierry's mistake, they both had almost the same times.
    Yes, another title for Ogier is possible, but he must deploy all of his skills and work a lot harder to get it. Ford surprised me (I have to admit), but still think Huyndai have a better car for 2017.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    I tend to agree except for the Power Stage, because that meant nothing with the changing conditions.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Don't exaggarate please. It's Ogier, he settles in quit quick (remember the first rally's with the VW, first drive in Peugeot 207 S2000 => victory, first drive in DS3 WRC => victory).
    We will see.
    He didn have a victory in his first event in the ds3

8. Likes: bluuford (24th January 2017),pantealex (25th January 2017)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    We will see.
    New car, yes, new car !!

All had new WRC cars but had thoroughly tested in them... but not Mr Ogier !

He had been testing the 2017 Polo for the last year... not the Fiesta !

10. Likes: Andre Oliveira (24th January 2017)
    Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Jari-Matti Latvala denies falling out with Sebastien Ogier at VW

Jari-Matti Latvala has denied reports of disharmony with Sebastien Ogier in the Volkswagen World Rally Championship team last season.

Latvala was reportedly critical of both the German manufacturer and Ogier over their time together, but the Finn says he was misquoted.

"These words were not mine," Latvala told Autosport. "I didn't say Seb refused to talk after tests. The words were a bad translation.

"I was really upset about this, it's not my style to talk about a team and a driver in this way and I would like to apologise to both Seb and the team for any upset caused.

"But they know me well enough to know this isn't me."

Last week's Monte Carlo Rally runner-up was talking about life at Volkswagen alongside Ogier and how different it was to his experience with Mikko Hirvonen at Ford.

Jari-Matti Latvala Toyota WRC 2017

"When I was at Ford," Latvala explained, "Sebastien Loeb was so dominant.

"Mikko and I had to work together to try to beat him, we couldn't do it on our own.

"When I went to Volkswagen, it was different. There was nobody there to help me try to beat this new Sebastien.

"When you are in the same team as a four-time world champion, you are alone and I had to fight against him in a different way with a different philosophy.

"This was what I was saying."

Latvala admitted the way of working at Toyota was more reminiscent of Ford, adding: "Now I am back working with Juho [Hanninen] and the two of us are working to try to beat Ogier. It's more like Ford again."

12. Likes: AL14 (24th January 2017),dimviii (24th January 2017),janvanvurpa (25th January 2017),Jewy46 (24th January 2017),Micke_VOC (24th January 2017),pantealex (25th January 2017),Rallyper (24th January 2017),steve.mandzij (24th January 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    First result after MC rally in 2016 vs 2017 wrc cars - 0.6 secs/km faster for 2017 cars.
    Yep, 0.64s/km was the actual final difference, but it doesn’t seem to be a very accurate number. For instance: it takes the 43s that Ogier spent on SS3 ditch. Without that time the difference immediately rise to 0.76. Some interesting data came from the dry SS13, 14 and 15. In those, Breen lost 0.72 (to Evans), 0.85 (Sordo) and 0.7 (Lefebvre), at a time he was trying to keep 4th place. Even considering eventual slightly different tyre choices, these are probably the more reliable numbers on the current time difference between ’16 and ’17 cars. Btw, at the end of all those stages Breen comment was always the same: ‘the most the stage is dry, the harder is to keep new cars pace’.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Jari-Matti Latvala denies falling out with Sebastien Ogier at VW

Jari-Matti Latvala has denied reports of disharmony with Sebastien Ogier in the Volkswagen World Rally Championship team last season.

Latvala was reportedly critical of both the German manufacturer and Ogier over their time together, but the Finn says he was misquoted.

"These words were not mine," Latvala told Autosport. "I didn't say Seb refused to talk after tests. The words were a bad translation.

"I was really upset about this, it's not my style to talk about a team and a driver in this way and I would like to apologise to both Seb and the team for any upset caused.

"But they know me well enough to know this isn't me."

Last week's Monte Carlo Rally runner-up was talking about life at Volkswagen alongside Ogier and how different it was to his experience with Mikko Hirvonen at Ford.

Jari-Matti Latvala Toyota WRC 2017

"When I was at Ford," Latvala explained, "Sebastien Loeb was so dominant.

"Mikko and I had to work together to try to beat him, we couldn't do it on our own.

"When I went to Volkswagen, it was different. There was nobody there to help me try to beat this new Sebastien.

"When you are in the same team as a four-time world champion, you are alone and I had to fight against him in a different way with a different philosophy.

"This was what I was saying."

Latvala admitted the way of working at Toyota was more reminiscent of Ford, adding: "Now I am back working with Juho [Hanninen] and the two of us are working to try to beat Ogier. It's more like Ford again."
    Hoping there's Finnish chemistry to back him up like with Mikko

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Yep, 0.64s/km was the actual final difference, but it doesn’t seem to be a very accurate number. For instance: it takes the 43s that Ogier spent on SS3 ditch. Without that time the difference immediately rise to 0.76. Some interesting data came from the dry SS13, 14 and 15. In those, Breen lost 0.72 (to Evans), 0.85 (Sordo) and 0.7 (Lefebvre), at a time he was trying to keep 4th place. Even considering eventual slightly different tyre choices, these are probably the more reliable numbers on the current time difference between ’16 and ’17 cars. Btw, at the end of all those stages Breen comment was always the same: ‘the most the stage is dry, the harder is to keep new cars pace’.
    You exaggerate, it is even less than 0.6 s/km, but rounded is closer to 0.6 than 0.59. Anyway don't take Ogier's loss and Evans performance very seriously, Breen is nowhere near their experience in WRC.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

16. Likes: dimviii (24th January 2017)