Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Well I think most of us all agree the Donkey was Toto and Mercedes
    Who have now decided there will be no harsh words spoken to Hamilton over him slowing in the race to enable others to pass Rosberg ,which would have helped Hamiltons Championship
    Amen
    Lets put this thread to bed
    And my post above meant ,should we really call "The Post" Donkey of the race ?
    Can we all have a sense of humour ,and not rev up on others when they misunderstand what the poster really means
    Fair comment buddy. It was all light conversation as far as l was concerned. No hard feeling, just jist.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Well I think most of us all agree the Donkey was Toto and Mercedes
    Who have now decided there will be no harsh words spoken to Hamilton over him slowing in the race to enable others to pass Rosberg ,which would have helped Hamiltons Championship
    Amen
    Lets put this thread to bed
    And my post above meant ,should we really call "The Post" Donkey of the race ?
    Can we all have a sense of humour ,and not rev up on others when they misunderstand what the poster really means
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...o-instructions

I purposely stayed off this forum for a while to let sanity prevail and I'm glad that mercedes have issued a mea culpa.
    The amount of vitriol i read towards Hamilton about the incident, including the likes of Prost, Stewart, and on other forums was kinda ridiculous.
    I would hope that mercedes have learned from this, but i fear as long as paddy lowe and toto wolff are sitting at race control on race day, they will always try to interfere with each side of the garage and orchestrate an outcome they (foolishly and in short sight) think the team requires. We shall see
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...o-instructions

I purposely stayed off this forum for a while to let sanity prevail and I'm glad that mercedes have issued a mea culpa.
    The amount of vitriol i read towards Hamilton about the incident, including the likes of Prost, Stewart, and on other forums was kinda ridiculous.
    I would hope that mercedes have learned from this, but i fear as long as paddy lowe and toto wolff are sitting at race control on race day, they will always try to interfere with each side of the garage and orchestrate an outcome they (foolishly and in short sight) think the team requires. We shall see

I saved the tin foil myself, as I don't find those hats comfortable at all.

As much as people like the conspiracy theories, nobody knows for sure the motivations behind the team orders. To me it makes complete sense to preserve both cars even if one of their two drivers would remain WDC. And in that sense alone, Lewis backing Nico up into the mix did allow for more potential for carnage of some really expensive equipment.

I'd have to think that finishing the last race with a 1-2 finish and preserving both cars would be the greater priority for the team. As for all the talk about sacking Lewis and such, I think any team has to realize that if they start sucking the fight out of their drivers it will at some point come back to bite them. I'm glad they seem to see that now.