Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
    There have been many occasions where people felt the best driver lost the championship, people have come up with various reasons why and whether it is to make themselves feel better or to justify their favourite drivers efforts, is part of the game. However, you can only drive based on the points system in place and that is what Nico has done, he didn't have to go all out to win the final races and if you want to win a championship you have to see the bigger picture. Hamilton has been faster and I imagine those botched starts will appear more important now but Nico did what was required and kept his cool and walks away a deserving champion.
    I haven't shared my opinion to make myself feel better. I'm a fair weather Formula 1 fan who watches possibly less than a third of a season live these days. I've supported Lewis historically but am happy he's finished the season the way he did. On top, dominant and a multiple world champion who will need to carry his momentum into next season and hope the team give him better reliability in 2017. Finishing the season 5 points adrift of his world champion teammate despite finishing 3 less races is no mean feat. I don't need to state that to feel better, just be happy he's performed so well over the entire season bar 1 race where he underperformed.

You're right Nico kept his cool and did just enough, nothing spectacular or brave, just enough to maintain the advantage he was given. Like his father he wins the ultimate prize, just. Well done Nico

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    My post wasn't aimed at you but yes I'm glad there was some sort of fight today, as for 'just' why risk more than required?

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
    My post wasn't aimed at you but yes I'm glad there was some sort of fight today, as for 'just' why risk more than required?
    The sensible thing was what Nico did and just kept out of trouble. He's enjoying the champagne based on that and he must be chuffed. The petrol head in me though would have liked him to really put himself in the fire and recover from being the number two driver that got lucky. It reminds me very much of Buttons WDC where he sat back and did just enough but will never be remembered as one of the dominant champions in history.

I just hope both are fired up next season and we can see good reliability and a close fight like we've seen in previous years. I enjoyed today's race and I just wish Hamilton had backed him up earlier in the race and give Nico some work to do and is some excitement.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Oh yes, I had meant to get back to that post and forgot. A 22.7% chance is too unlikely for it to be coincidence.

Plus you haven't taken into account the probability of all these happening at critical points in the weekend where they can inflict point scoring damage. For example, Nico lost 3 points on reliability. Hamilton lost at least 40 I think it would be fair to say, and that's being conservative.

Nico had some issues in Free practices, never in a race or critical juncture of a weekend where it cost him points barring Silverstone. Factor that into your math!

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Oh yes, I had meant to get back to that post and forgot. A 22.7% chance is too unlikely for it to be coincidence.

Plus you haven't taken into account the probability of all these happening at critical points in the weekend where they can inflict point scoring damage. For example, Nico lost 3 points on reliability. Hamilton lost at least 40 I think it would be fair to say, and that's being conservative.

Nico had some issues in Free practices, never in a race or critical juncture of a weekend where it cost him points barring Silverstone. Factor that into your math!
    I think we should not spoil this day for Rosberg. It is a Rosberg day, the day he joins an exclusive club of F1 world champions. He worked extremely hard, we have to say it was not easy for him to beat Hamilton even with the problems that Hamilton had. Hence Rosberg had to up his game to ensure that he was making the most of opportunities that presented themselves and ensure that he recovered when things did not quite go well for him.

He drove like a world champion since the last three races of 2015 and showed his determination to win the title. Now he has done it, l think we should be happy for him.

CONGRATULATION NICO ROSBERG F1 DRIVER CHAMPION OF 2016.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th November 2016 at 00:14.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

6. Likes: Mia 01 (28th November 2016)
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yup, Mercedes managed to sabotage Hamilton enough to finally get their German World Champion throughout the course of the year.
    10 wins, 2 2nds and only two retirements, is hardly sabotage. The statistics prove very much otherwise.

I'm calling Shenanigans on you. Shenanigans Shenanigans!
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

8. Likes: airshifter (10th December 2016)
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Dull...I really hope somebody..anybody can make a better engine next year
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

10. Likes: steveaki13 (28th November 2016),Warriwa (28th November 2016)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Not My Champion

What a bunch of rubbish. This is NOT my champion. If you agree with me, let's start organizing protests. It's time to smash some storefronts. The WDC scoring by points wasn't fair to Hamilton. If WDC was decided by a simple number of wins, the Hamilton would have been the champion because he won one whole race more than Rosberg. Besides, Vettel and Ferrari are already talking about demanding the WDC points recount because Rosberg may have earned some points by cheating in some of the races.

12. Likes: driveace (28th November 2016)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    People are so soft. Hamilton did nothing wrong. He tried what he could but Rosberg was strong enough and won.

He deserves it hands down.

People need to get real about the whole thing. Everything is included in a championship and so most points win.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

14. Likes: henners88 (28th November 2016)
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    The WDC scoring by points wasn't fair to Hamilton. If WDC was decided by a simple number of wins, the Hamilton would have been the champion because he won one whole race more than Rosberg.
    4 - Moss def.
    1 - Hawthorn

4 - Prost def.
    3 - Piquet

6 - Mansell def.
    3 - Piquet

There's three titles you're willing to dispute.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!