Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexico 2016

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    Well like last time, it's Nico hooking his wagon to Lewis' tractor-that has to be really frustrating.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

2. Likes: EightGear (30th October 2016)
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    Oh, and I have to spare a comment about Vettel too, the driver I am most cheering for. But apparently it looks like he has forgotten, how to even qualify. Which throughout years was always his strength and even in 2014 he was pretty formidable in qualis (but lost out to Ricciardo in races).

Vettel is a somewhat unique case among drivers as it seems like he is a pretty emotional/sensitive character, and this influences his performances. Which means he needs a "positive vibe" in the team to deliver results. Last year he was brilliant, and we remember 2015 was a positive year for Ferrari. Even 2016 started out on a pretty promising note, but some crashes, reliability problems and car performance problems have broken Vettel. It looks like the British Grand Prix was the turning point of the season, where Seb lost his heart. Since then he has been merely matching Räikkönen.

I know from personal experience that "things going for you" or "things working against you" can influence the emotional state and also influence "performance" to put it this way. So I can relate to Vettel. He is not like Alonso in this sense, who can swallow all the cr@p, dig deep, and still wring the speed out of the car to achieve a ... P10.

On the flipside Kimi has had a really solid season. I have been calling for his retirement for years already TBH, but I give credit, where credit is due. This year he is performing like a very solid #2 at the very least.
    It is not that in 2015 bieber was brilliant, he wasn't. It was a case of Kimi just sucking.. Now finally this year Kimi, who is extremely sensitive to car behaviour, has a car he likes more (mid-season there were finally some suspension changes he had been asking for), he has been exposing bieber and bigtime. So this isn't about bieber performing badly, he is just performing on his usual level, but finally so too is Kimi. The problem is that this level is low compared to guys like Hamilton, Ricciardo, Alonso (and a few more).
    Kimi has really exposed bieber and it is truly enjoyable to see his fanboys looking for excuses and more excuses. Time to face the truth, he is the most overrated driver of all times who just has happened to luck into some great cars.
    "signature room for rent"

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Walker View Post
    It is not that in 2015 bieber was brilliant, he wasn't. It was a case of Kimi just sucking..
    If you look at qualifying and race gaps, in 2015 Vettel beat Räikkönen as thoroughly as Alonso had done the year before (2014). So yeah, in my book it was every bit of a brilliant season.

As I am yet to see a person, who says Alonso's 2014 wasn't brilliant...
    Last edited by jens; 30th October 2016 at 09:18.

5. Likes: gm99 (30th October 2016)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Hi guys. Back from the wilderness for race time. Once I can get over the laptop/forum problems i hope to be around more.

Anyway. Looks like it has ingrediants to be a decent race.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

I think this season has seen the Ferrari be slightly worse than expected after the first couple of rounds, but IMO Kimi has improved some and thats great to see. Him and Seb are pretty even. I would love Ferrari to produce a challenging car next year and see Kimi win a race and maybe a lot more.

Hey guys. Who is around? Anyone?

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Hi Steve an d and other bros
    Hope we have a great race. BTW you may or may not know this, but I just read about it. Resourceful that Nico is:
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... s-Hamilton
    Now I know why they call him Britney
    May the forza be with you

Seb saying Massa should let him past.... brother what great racing that would be.... jeez

Hi Taz

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    Slapsy Maxie almost did it!
    Last edited by Stan Reid; 30th October 2016 at 21:41.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Well, this was one a boring race but for the last three or four laps. We might complain about "fake" tyre degradation and whatnot, but this wasn't particularly enjoyable - at least for me, anyway.