Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Austin 2016

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    I agree on this. Run the whole race on the tires you started with. You would only be allowed to change in the event of damage to a tire (and then only change that tire) or weather conditions like drys to rain.
    Also the driver should not leave the cockpit after the season starts unless it is a threat to his or her life. He or she may leave the cockpit when the season ends or his services are no longer needed by the team.

Single tire racing was not interesting and will not be as they'll be racing either very hard tires or saving the tires from the moment they leave the pits. It should be all about speed and reliability, not tire preservation only. Refueling should be allowed again.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    I don't think optional tire changing would affect the front runners except on rare occasions. It would mostly be the back markers who would give that stategy a shot.

Four drivers have completed the Indianapolis 500 without a pit stop and none finished higher than 5th. It has not happened since 1949 and not tried since, perhaps, 1964.
    Last edited by Stan Reid; 24th October 2016 at 20:48.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Also the driver should not leave the cockpit after the season starts unless it is a threat to his or her life. He or she may leave the cockpit when the season ends or his services are no longer needed by the team.
    What, no potty breaks? You are the cruel one.

Single tire racing was not interesting and will not be as they'll be racing either very hard tires or saving the tires from the moment they leave the pits. It should be all about speed and reliability, not tire preservation only. Refueling should be allowed again.
    It makes little difference whether the tires are hard or soft. The race is about the ability of the car/driver combination being able to complete the required distance before their competitors under the rules at the time. Always has been.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Alonso should have gotten a penalty but didn't.

Sad for those that retired. I think all three could have been in the points.
    That was a very hard overtake. Rosberg got slapped in the wrist for a similar move on Verstapenn, l think in Hungary a few races back, yet Alonso gets away with that one. Inconsistent really.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Ricciado passing Rosberg at the first corner denied us of a proper fight at the front between the Merc drivers for the win. Sainz was driver of the race for me.