Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    The only downside I see is that he has got driving rallycars together with babyfood. That makes him an advantage to other youngsters. One more thing is the development curve differs between drivers.
    Looks very promising atm but still a couple of years to prove what he can do. However wishing him all good.
    Like NOT said: we will see.

A factor I saw in my sport when I had wonderful opportunity to see many others who had everything handed to them on silver plate from -5-7-8 years old is they lacked what we call now and call it that even in educational circle--they lacked grit....

Something happens and they stop..
    Some injury and they might--many did ,most even---quit.

Since no effort or serious cost by them to get on the track, then no deep investment like anybody here knows who has built and run a rally car..So something happens, they quit..No big loss.

Not suggesting this is what Kalle will do..
    Only that this is what I observed in 40 years in motorsports .
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

2. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (23rd September 2016),Rallyper (22nd September 2016),WUff1 (23rd September 2016)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Reminds a little of Marc Marquez - talent was spotted from an early age, and with the right connections, and has had everything fall in place. So far....

It's likely if he was Austrian, British, Outer Mongolia, etc he'd still be undiscovered.....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

4. Likes: pantealex (23rd September 2016)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    However in Kalles case - he´s surrounded by many very experienced people, surely giving him the best advices. Even funding seems not be any problem. And why should it? So far.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

6. Likes: pantealex (23rd September 2016)
    Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    However in Kalles case - he´s surrounded by many very experienced people, surely giving him the best advices. Even funding seems not be any problem. And why should it? So far.
    I am not sure that all advices from "very experienced people" must be the best ones...

8. Likes: Jeppe (23rd September 2016),pantealex (23rd September 2016),WUff1 (23rd September 2016)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I am not sure that all advices from "very experienced people" must be the best ones...
    Well, maybe not all, but surely best way to make a career. And better be surrounded with people in the business than no people at all, trying start a career by your own...

10. Likes: janvanvurpa (23rd September 2016)
    Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Wait until he starts getting interested in girls... Or when girls start getting interesting in him... Then we will see how much ambition, focus and determination he has...

12. Likes: Mk2 RS2000 (24th September 2016),Rallyper (23rd September 2016)
    Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Well, maybe not all, but surely best way to make a career. And better be surrounded with people in the business than no people at all, trying start a career by your own...
    In this situations you can find around drivers lot of "business people" whose interest is mainly to dig money. Or make "good advices" and show, that they are important persons and must be part of the team... But it looks like Harri is really clever man, so I hope they will be able to force out this type of people...

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    In this situations you can find around drivers lot of "business people" whose interest is mainly to dig money. Or make "good advices" and show, that they are important persons and must be part of the team... But it looks like Harri is really clever man, so I hope they will be able to force out this type of people...
    -Toni Gardemaister
    -Tommi Mäkinen
    -Timo Jouhki
    (not officially)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

15. Likes: Rallyper (23rd September 2016)
    You forget he lives in Finland, not Italy or something.. excuse me italian friends..

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lousada View Post
    Wait until he starts getting interested in girls... Or when girls start getting interesting in him... Then we will see how much ambition, focus and determination he has...

Oh how true it is... It was a deciding factor in my quitting International moto-cross..Living in a van from late march is one thing, not know where to wash clothes was a problem, bouncy bouncy fun that wasn't soooo bad, but a real solid relationship...that was a big problem...
    So 2 seasons and that was it...but I was 30 so I lasted that far..

And--I was right..Had a lot more fun as a human being than as a racer.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat