Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Lewis is obviously firm favourite but Nico still has a huge chance, a DNF could still end it for either driver.

May the best driver win..
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    We can safely say now that Rosberg's chances have not evaporated. I wouldn't begrudge him this years title should he go onto win it. Hamilton hasn't been the best driver, in my book, this year. In fact, he was super sloppy in Singapore. There's only so much you can keep up what's new when you're out partying the entire duration between races. Rosberg keeps his head down and works his butt off. Hamilton doesn't. I think Hamilton's lifestyle is beginning to catch up with him more and more this year and have no sympathy for him really should he lose the title to Rosberg this year. He is the quicker driver but that doesn't automatically make him the best one if he can't string it together consistently over a weekend and he has looked inconsistent even on his best weekends this year.

3. Likes: Mia 01 (26th September 2016)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    We can safely say now that Rosberg's chances have not evaporated. I wouldn't begrudge him this years title should he go onto win it. Hamilton hasn't been the best driver, in my book, this year. In fact, he was super sloppy in Singapore. There's only so much you can keep up what's new when you're out partying the entire duration between races. Rosberg keeps his head down and works his butt off. Hamilton doesn't. I think Hamilton's lifestyle is beginning to catch up with him more and more this year and have no sympathy for him really should he lose the title to Rosberg this year. He is the quicker driver but that doesn't automatically make him the best one if he can't string it together consistently over a weekend and he has looked inconsistent even on his best weekends this year.

I have to agree. Rosberg has got a second bite at the cherry you might say. His chances are looking better but can he keep it together up till Abu Dhabi. With eight points ahead, having previously squandered a 43 points lead does not entirely fill me with confidence. But you have to say that Rosberg has a golden opportunity to learn from his previous mistakes and make smarter decisions to help him consolidate his lead.
    I probably would not go as far as to call Hamilton's poor Singapore weekend his fault par se. There is not alot he could have done when his car is having the worst problem with the brakes relative to his teammate. That said, it may well be down to driving styles that manifested the difference. In the scheme of things, an eight points lead is not enough for Rosberg to feel comfortably ahead, considering Hamilton had his 19 points lead wiped out in just 3 races due to one problem or another.
    The way the advantage has been swinging either way due to problems with the Mercedes car, you could say, this year it is very much a lottery of who is going to be the 2016 Driver World Champion due to lesser car problems. Not necessarily due to on-track wheel to wheel superiority. Hence, it is Rosberg's best chance ever, as the lion share of the problems with the Mercedes car this year for whatever reason seem noticeably to be on the Hamilton side of the garage. Obviously ignoring the token mention of Rosberg having similar problems but not noticeable to verify if that is the case. It could also mean that Rosberg drives around these problems better than Hamilton, but that is very arguable. What seemed like a bullet proof Mercedes in pre-season testing, now having one mechanical problems or another through the season leaves one to wonder.

What l am getting at, is 2016 has not been a clean straight fight for the Driver's championship. If Rosberg wins it, it would be a great story of Father and son F1 World champion in the footsteps of the Hill and Villenerve father and son fairytale stories. If Hamilton wins it, it would also be a great story of a 3 time world champion winning it despite the odds being largely against him from the outset.

As it is poised at the moment, who would you confidently put your money on?
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 24th September 2016 at 14:22.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I honestly believe that you two give way too much importance to the last few races. It is normal that both drivers have their ups and downs and if this season has proven anything so far, it's that all streaks have been broken. So even if Nico has been stronger over the last few races, I would honestly expect Lewis to bounce back and get back to his winning ways.

As much as I'd like Rosberg to win the championship, my money is still on Hamilton, as it has been the case for the whole season. He's the better driver and whenver he's against the ropes, he comes back stronger. I don't think he'll be keeping his guard down come the end of the season.

6. Likes: airshifter (2nd October 2016),henners88 (25th September 2016)
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    What an impressive poll lap from the Boss, thus Nico's chances just evaporated about 2%. If Nico however gets the lead by turn one it will go down to 1%. If Nico gets that jump, and someone from row 2 or three gets between him and 'da Boss it will swing to 4% of Boss evaporation. and so on, and so forth.
    Last edited by Tazio; 1st October 2016 at 15:27.
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I'm talking points-wise mate, and nothing to indicate Boss' luck is changing!
    Sorrrry!

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    haha.... I think Nico must think this is his big chance now. Hamilton almost 25 points behind and low on engines
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Should be a great finish mate!

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Rosberg has the edge now. Still not a comfortable lead but the strongest lead since the 4th race of the season. Rosberg just needs to keep it together and choose his battle wisely and he may pull it off.

Hamilton seem to be losing faith in Mercedes to provide him with the car he needs to fight for the championship. I would feel the same way in his position.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd October 2016 at 14:58.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Bring back 2x points for Abu Dhabi eh