Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Love this track but eyes closed more than once throughout.
    +1

I tried my hardest to keep my eyes opened throughout the race (bar blinking) and failed miserably.

2. Likes: A FONDO (5th September 2016)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Love this track but eyes closed more than once throughout.
    +1

The Mercedes - Ferrari battle was short lived. And Redbull disappointed by not getting close enough to the Ferrari to produce an interesting alternative battle. The disparity of performance between the teams at the sharp end is still too large and a fast track like Monza reveals that all too clearly.

I can't wait long enough to see the end of these Pirelli tyres, bring on 2017. Tyres played a huge role today of keeping the Ferraris out of the fight with the Mercs. Of course, the deficiency of the Ferrari chassis relative to the Mercedes chassis had a good deal to do with it also.

Monza also exposed the true gap in engine performance between the four types of engines on the grid. Honda is still towing the rear of the engine battle. Renault is not as good as the Ferrari engine. The Redbull chassis is making up the difference in performance and allowing them to fight the Ferrari successfully on aero tracks as opposed to horsepower tracks like Monza. And the Ferrari chassis or something is preventing them from unleashing the full potential of their engine. Hence, exposing them to Redbull.

But underneath all of these things are the challenges of making the tyres work with the various chassis. So it would seem that a majority of the teams on the grid are unable to access the full potential of their chassis due to the current tyre.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th September 2016 at 17:40.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Entirely predictable race after the first lap.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Entirely predictable race after the first lap.
    That's the problem. There is so little variation with no getting together, retirements or other fast cars. It only takes one Mercedes to get 5 seconds ahead and you know it's over. Today 5th was the highest we had any kind of battle.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I think this was the most boring Italian GP to which I've ever seen. The top 4 results you knew by the first corner.

7. Likes: A FONDO (5th September 2016),Mia 01 (6th September 2016)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    The Sunday IndyCar race at Watkins Glen was actually better than Monza. A lot better.

9. Likes: Stan Reid (5th September 2016)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Mostly a snooze fest. Good to see Ferrari make it to the podium, but not a lot of on track action.

I will say that the move Ricciardo made on Bottas was a great move, and handled well by both drivers. He dove in there from waaaay back, and both of them gave racing room. Great braking move.

11. Likes: gm99 (5th September 2016),The Black Knight (6th September 2016)
    McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    The Sunday IndyCar race at Watkins Glen was actually better than Monza. A lot better.
    And Indycar races will continue to be better until F1 quits spreading its legs for the environmentalists and gets rid of these kiddie cars.
    Last edited by Stan Reid; 5th September 2016 at 23:32.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Mostly a snooze fest. Good to see Ferrari make it to the podium, but not a lot of on track action.

I will say that the move Ricciardo made on Bottas was a great move, and handled well by both drivers. He dove in there from waaaay back, and both of them gave racing room. Great braking move.
    I hope Redbull play that one back for young Verstappen so he can see how clean defending is done.

14. Likes: airshifter (7th September 2016)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post

He did but I honestly feel that were it someone like Lewis then he would have forced Ricciardo to bow out of it. It was a great move but it's only the likes of Bottas, whom I don't rate very highly anyway, that would enable a driver to make a move like that.

I still think Verstappen's move in Beckett's on Rosberg is the overtake of the season thus far.