Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    This is absolutely nothing like that at all , as I see it .
    Seb left well enough room for Kimi's car , and he had no way of knowing Max would be down the inside .
    Sure , the reds were racing each other , but don't paint Vettel another colour because of that .

Kimi was hot at Max after the race , not Seb .

Both Kimi and Sebastian are a little whiny about others during the races these days , and that shows the frustration , but not with each other .
    They work well together .
    The pressure must be huge behind the scenes , without Allison , as any updates would have been his remit , and the smart ones don't give it all up until the last moment in such a competitive atmosphere .
    Seb himself admitted that he could have left more room for Kimi on his right.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    You can't blame Seb , who was ahead , and not seeing Max .
    La Source lap 1.... always never turn in. Take as wide a line as possible because 11 times out of 10, there will be accidents.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

3. Likes: Mia 01 (30th August 2016)
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    It is was two drivers, Max and Seb, making lapses in judgement at the same piece of track at the same time and the result was the ensuing incident. Raikkonen could have done nothing to avoid it, so it wasn't his fault. Both Max and Vettel equally shoulder the blame.

Vettel with all his experience should have known to leave extra room.

Max took a gamble and it didn't pay off but it could have. He was entitled to make lunge at the time as the gap was there. That's racing.

Both drivers moves were silly, neither paid off but they both could have worked out for both of them had circumstances been different.

It was an unfortunate racing incident imo.
    I agree except for one point - Max was four off at La Source. That isn't a racing move, that is exceeding the track limits and illegal.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

5. Likes: Mia 01 (30th August 2016)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    This is absolutely nothing like that at all , as I see it .
    Seb left well enough room for Kimi's car , and he had no way of knowing Max would be down the inside .
    Sure , the reds were racing each other , but don't paint Vettel another colour because of that .

Kimi was hot at Max after the race , not Seb .

Both Kimi and Sebastian are a little whiny about others during the races these days , and that shows the frustration , but not with each other .
    They work well together .
    The pressure must be huge behind the scenes , without Allison , as any updates would have been his remit , and the smart ones don't give it all up until the last moment in such a competitive atmosphere .
    Even Seb was very apologetic about it. He stated in his post race interview that with hindsight he should have left more room for Kimi. He was unnecessarily aggressive in his attempt to claim the racing line, knowing his team mate was on the inside of him. He simply did not think of getting round the chicane safely and then putting on a fight. After watching a replay of that incident a hundred times [ok a few time :-) ], l can see very clearly why Ferrari would be aggrieved with Vettel. He put his interest ahead of the teams interest in that instance.

Courtesy of Sky f1

Vettel's turn in was too acute, Kimi had no option but to crash into him. As for Verstapenn, it was simply a redmist move. He had lost position and he was determined to try to get it back. This is where his immaturity compared to his more experienced teammate Ricciado becomes obvious. Knowing how acute the corner is at La Source, more experienced drivers would have kept their head and try to get round the corner unscathed, then tAke the fight to the ferrari on the straight through Eau Rouge and Kemmel.

It was an unfortunate racing incident as Black Knight put it, but with some common sense avoidable.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 31st August 2016 at 11:04.

7. Likes: easy rider (30th August 2016)
    Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I agree except for one point - Max was four off at La Source. That isn't a racing move, that is exceeding the track limits and illegal.
    I don't see how in the world, Max could have ever thought that he would have ever been successful, with his move at Ls Source....Well, it may have worked if he was on a Motorcycle.

9. Likes: Jag_Warrior (31st August 2016),Mia 01 (31st August 2016),N. Jones (31st August 2016)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Bingo! Give the man a dollar.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

11. Likes: N. Jones (31st August 2016)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Even Seb was very apologetic about it. He stated in his post race interview that with hindsight he should have left more room for Kimi. He was unnecessarily aggressive in his attempt to claim the racing line, knowing his team mate was on the inside of him. He simply did not think of getting round the chicane safely and then putting on a fight. After watching a replay of that incident a hundred times [ok a few time :-) ], l can see very clearly why Ferrari would be aggrieved with Vettel. He put his interest ahead of the teams interest in that instance.

Courtesy of Sky f1

Vettel's turn in was too acute, Kimi had no option but to crash into him. As for Verstapenn, it was simply a redmist move. He had lost position and he was determined to try to get it back. This is where his immaturity compared to his more experienced teammate Ricciado becomes obvious. Knowing how acute the corner is at La Source, more experienced drivers would have kept their head and try to get round the corner unscathed, then tAke the fight to the ferrari on the straight through Eau Rouge and Kemmel.

It was an unfortunate racing incident as Black Knight put it, but with some common sense avoidable.
    You're right that Seb was too tight with Kimi , but if it was only those two into that corner , they both would have made it .
    All three were being aggressive .

Take a screen shot from the moments before the incident and you'll see all three of them with a clear track ahead .
    What's clear is that they all aimed for a space one car wide at the apex , where everyone wants to be .

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I find this Verstapen dude very annoying. Everything he does is labeled hard racing or something of the sort, but often he's just a teenager who's judgement is overwhelmed by hormones.

14. Likes: easy rider (31st August 2016)
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    All three were being aggressive? Baggie.... Kimi was on the racing line!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    All three were being aggressive? Baggie.... Kimi was on the racing line!
    Kimi knew he had Max on one side , and Vettel on the other .
    Did I miss him backing out ?

All three were vying for the best line .
    That Kimi was on the normal racing line is relevant only because taking that line opened the door for Max on the inside .