Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Next time it can be Lewis time, a divebomb or being forced of track.

Then perhaps a race ban?
    In your warped dreams - for the rest of the season LH will be comfortably ahead of such malarky. Meanwhile Champ's kid is contractually obliged not to take his team mate out again on the first lap!!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I agree except for one point - Max was four off at La Source. That isn't a racing move, that is exceeding the track limits and illegal.
    The track limit is the wall. Somehow I don't think that Charlie came to Spa last week and felt he had to clarify for the drivers where the limit is at La Source. It's pretty clear that you go over the limit and you hit a wall. Max didn't hit a wall so I'd say he was okay in that regard.

I find all this talk of track limits embarrassing and it's a little disappointing that a seasoned F1 viewer would even care about them - it's the sort of talk I'd expect from Bagwan. The FIA provide the drivers with the track and it's up to them to find the quickest way around it. The imposition of track limits is just another irritating regulation that F1 doesn't need. There used to never be track limits imposed many years ago and drivers were still able to find their way around the track. This type of over regulation is suffocating the sport to death. And what's worse is that we the public even entertain the idea of a track limits at all never mind at a corner such as La Source.

Anyone remember Austria when it first returned to the calendar back in the early 2000's? Turn one all cars used to completely ignore track limits but they still managed to get around the track okay. Why? Because it's the same for everyone. Don't impose track limits and the best drivers will still find the quickest way around. Obviously this stands within reason because a driver can't completely cut across a chicane but this is the point where common sense prevails. Common sense certainly isn't prevailing in F1 right now with all the track limit speak every race weekend.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    You might want to start with spelling drivers' names correctly.
    Apologies :-)

I can see you are sensitive to the criticism of your countryman. Verstappen is and will be the most exciting driver on the grid for some time. He gives us lengthy conversations such as this thread. Which suggest how much he is appreciated as a driver. It shows he has arrived at the sharp end as a driver of note. So we would chastise him when he gets it wrong and praise him when he gets it right. All in all, l think he is a great arrival to the frontend of the grid. While Ricciado is feeling the pressure of his arrival, so are other drivers at the frontend. Like Raikonnen, Vettel and Rosberg; these drivers have tasted the frustration of getting pass the pesky dutchman. So take the rough with the smooth, it is all good :-)

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Apologies :-)

I can see you are sensitive to the criticism of your countryman. Verstappen is and will be the most exciting driver on the grid for some time. He gives us lengthy conversations such as this thread. Which suggest how much he is appreciated as a driver. It shows he has arrived at the sharp end as a driver of note. So we would chastise him when he gets it wrong and praise him when he gets it right. All in all, l think he is a great arrival to the frontend of the grid. While Ricciado is feeling the pressure of his arrival, so are other drivers at the frontend. Like Raikonnen, Vettel and Rosberg; these drivers have tasted the frustration of getting pass the pesky dutchman. So take the rough with the smooth, it is all good :-)
    I don't mind the criticism, I thought he crossed a line last Sunday as well. Hopefully he learns from it, because he really doesn't need dirty tricks to succeed.

But seeing a name being consistently spelled wrong gets on my nerves after a while, no matter which driver it is or where he's from. Probably its just me, but I couldn't help myself to point it out.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I find all this talk of track limits embarrassing and it's a little disappointing that a seasoned F1 viewer would even care about them - it's the sort of talk I'd expect from Bagwan.
    Did this insult help you make your point , Mr. Knight ?

6. Likes: Big Ben (1st September 2016),N4D13 (1st September 2016)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    What do we think of the Button- Wehrlien crash? Who's fault was it? I originally thought it was Pascal's fault, but when l looked at it again, l don't think he could have done anything else really.