Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

German Donkey of the Race

Rosberg hands down. Punk move on a good day.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

2. Likes: airshifter (1st August 2016),truefan72 (1st August 2016)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I thought his explanation was the whiz bang winner. I laughed so hard after hearing that, I had trouble breathing for a few minutes. And I thought he was supposed to be all smart and stuff? Does he not know that there's a camera on his car... that shows his steering wheel? Me no think him smart. Me think him goofy in the head.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

4. Likes: airshifter (1st August 2016),truefan72 (1st August 2016)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    The Toro Rosso team.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Ron Meadows' stopwatch finger has to be a candidate.

7. Likes: Warriwa (2nd August 2016)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Rosberg, not for the actual pass (I think AndyL gave a perfectly good explanation about it), but for the "full lock" comment.

There's also Massa if and only if his terrible performance was not caused by a legitimate technical problem.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    I would have to say Rosberg for a bad start. I think drivers should be allowed to fight each other as long as there is no contact. Besides, Verstapenn was asking for it. I think most drivers on the grid are fed up with his GP3 driving.

10. Likes: Mia 01 (2nd August 2016)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I wouldn't discount what you're saying about how some drivers may feel about Verstappen's antics, Nitro. But Rosberg is in a close fight for the WDC. Neither he nor Hamilton should be taking the time to school Verstappen or anyone else right now. There's too much at risk. And compared to Verstappen, Nico's been engaging in at least as many dodgy maneuvers lately too. So by doing what he did, he risked a crash (potentially costing himself a DNF... or injury) or at the very least, a penalty. In either case, he was giving away points which didn't need to be given away, and for no real reason. He should have been able to get around Max and just get on with the program. He has the smell of desperation surrounding him now. He may get his head on straight before it's too late. But he's gone back into that choking phase that we've seen from him over the past couple of years. Lewis is ahead now, not just because he's been winning, but because Nico has been playing the donkey by throwing away points with needless, dodgy driving.

If he loses this championship, after being ahead by 43 early on, I think we should have a Donkey of the 2016 Season vote. And I think Nico would have earned the title in blazing fashion. I'm anxious to see which Nico shows up after the summer break.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Well, I gotta observe that if Verstapenn did turn into Rosberg's car instead of flying off the track, it would have been judged to be Rosberg's fault. I never liked it how drivers force others off the track this way and always felt there gotta be a punishment.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Without Max jinking to the right while Nico went by , I would agree with all of you that think Nico was solely responsible for putting Max off track .

However , that move prompted Nico to run long .
    I believe , though , that it was a legitimate move to destabilize his rival as he was well beaten if he hadn't .

And , although he had a part in it , Max should have simply gotten the place back .

14. Likes: Koz (3rd August 2016)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Well, I gotta observe that if Verstapenn did turn into Rosberg's car instead of flying off the track, it would have been judged to be Rosberg's fault. I never liked it how drivers force others off the track this way and always felt there gotta be a punishment.
    That would be consistent with the ruling when Lewis turned in .
    But , I didn't really like seeing him turn in when he had to have known he was there .

I hate seeing guys forced off as well , but sometimes there are extenuating circumstances .
    I guess that's what you'd call Max being forced out wide and off the track in the first corner .