Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    smh
    how you summized that is incredible
    Your grammar and punctuation is poor in that post .
    Your point is unclear .
    Could you elaborate , please .

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I don't think it deserved a penalty. At most, Rosberg should have had to give the place back. A 5 second penalty was too harsh for hard racing.

What bothers me most here is the penalty itself. The stewards deemed the move illegal and slapped Rosberg with a penalty that could have potentially made zero difference to his race and still disadvantaged Max. Should Rosberg have been able to open up a 5 second gap to Max, potentially, the net effect of the penalty to Rosberg could have been 0. My point being, the punishment did not fit the crime.

We shouldn't stop drivers trying to race like that and, imo, it would have been appropriate and fair for Rosberg to have had to simply give the position back to Max.
    I agree, the punishment did not take into consideration the impact of the punishment on the driver who is a main contender in this years championship. It was unnecessarily harsh especially since this instance was less serious than the Austria case where Rosberg was let off with the benefit of the doubt. The problem, was the punishment was inconsistent at best but also in excess of the infringement.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    There is an explanation on the TJ13 site that has me reconsidering whether it was worth a penalty for Nico .

Early in the braking phase , Max jinks to the right , and Nico reacts with a tighter line than he wanted into the corner .
    This compromised his move significantly , and had him running far deeper than he would have .

Thus , Max was responsible to a large degree .

It was , though , the perfect prompt for him to brake and try it inside .

One thing struck me , though , that is an impressive , and seemingly something that is usually more reserved for wily veterans of the sport , is that Max used his knowledge of Rosberg's history to know he could get away with being forced off to gain the advantage .
    He then reinforced the idea with a sly quip to Lewis about it in the presser .
    This built on his story , and went some way towards destabilizing his rivals as well .
    Very , very impressive .

I hadn't thought of it that way... but yes, by drawing attention to Nico's previous he not only gained advantage but also somewhat diverted attention away from his own questionable defensive antics. Genius!

He is clearly a very talented young driver with a huge future ahead of him but he is going to have to cut out his little moves and feints in the braking area, that is not acceptable IMHO and I do not understand why the Stewards haven't taken issue with them yet.
    Last edited by Zico; 1st August 2016 at 23:25.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I hadn't thought of it that way... but yes, by drawing attention to Nico's previous he not only gained advantage but also somewhat diverted attention away from his own questionable defensive antics. Genius!

He is clearly a very talented young driver with a huge future ahead of him but he is going to have to cut out his little moves and feints in the braking area, that is not acceptable IMHO and I do not understand why the Stewards haven't taken issue with them yet.
    Oh , this kid is good .
    Notice how he also mentioned how he "took one for the team" as well ?
    That's a reminder for Riccardo that he's a team player , even though it would have hurt both of them to have had a fight for the position .

And , for the fans , he was adamant that , since the stewards had seen nothing wrong in his moves that lost Kimi some wing , he hadn't done anything to warrant all the others giving him a hard time .
    It was an elegant "nose-thumbing" of the rest of the group .

This kid is going to give us all lots to talk about .
    I'm becoming a fan of the ugly little guy .

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    So true Bagwan, so true. A very clever boy, even Lewis canīt beat his defending skills.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

German GP 2016 - Hockenhiem

I see Nico forgot to turn right again. His claim he was on 'full lock' despite his onboard camera showing otherwise was a little bit embarrassing for him. I do think the penalty was a bit extreme though.

I hope he drops the dirty moves and gets back in the game as I would like to see a tight fight at the end of the season. Hamilton has already clawed back a 43 point lead from Nico and the boy needs to wake up and fight!

Verstappen continues to impress at such a young age.
    Last edited by henners88; 2nd August 2016 at 21:16.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I see Nico forgot to turn right again. His claim he was on 'full lock' despite his onboard camera showing otherwise was a little bit embarrassing for him. I do think the penalty was a bit extreme though.

I hope he drops the dirty moves and gets back in the game as I would like to see a tight fight at the end of the season. Hamilton has already clawed back a 43 point lead from Nico and the boy needs to wake up and fight!

Verstappen continues to impress at such a young age.
    He did get around to it , a little too late , so , to say he didn't get to full lock isn't accurate at all .
    Ant Davidson remarked that it's unlikely he could have braked any harder without locking .
    And , that he would have slid farther had he locked up .

Horner then commented that it might have been more believable had he locked .

So , if you look at it in that light , flat spotting his tire(s) , not a sign of being in control , was the way to get out of this .
    That doesn't seem right , does it ?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    He did get around to it , a little too late , so , to say he didn't get to full lock isn't accurate at all .
    Ant Davidson remarked that it's unlikely he could have braked any harder without locking .

So , if you look at it in that light , flat spotting his tire(s) , not a sign of being in control , was the way to get out of this .
    No, it does seem right. First, I am unconvinced that he needed to go straight to keep from locking. Forcing people off course seems to be his new mode of operation. Second, and assuming he was in fact at the limit of braking, also goes on him for over driving the corner and being a hazard to other drivers. Hamilton is most definitely inside his head and if he doesn't get over it this season will be toast for him. He also doesn't need a growing reputation as a dirty driver. It will not serve him well going forward.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

9. Likes: truefan72 (4th August 2016)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

That particular corner requires full lock as pretty much a 270 degree angle. Of course he used full lock, eventually. I am not convinced from watching it back he could not turn earlier. He knew he had over cooked the approach and compromised his entry so chose to go long and in the process forced Verstappen to leave the track.

If gravel traps were brought back he would now have ended 2 drivers races. It's one thing closing a gap on exit but making a meal of the approach will just attract the stewards. He needs to study Hamilton's race craft, especially overtaking.

11. Likes: andyone (3rd August 2016),truefan72 (4th August 2016)
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    If Nico was not driving the best car on the track he would be shown to be a mediocre driver.He only looks good in the Mercedes as it's head and shoulders above the other cars. I was disappointed that Mercedes signed him again ,he is a dirty racer and reverts to forcing others off the track to hold or gain positions .I would love to see Vettel or Verstappen racing the Merc ,but then there would be very little opposition to the Mercs .I think Jos is very proud of his sons racing and Keke is disappointed at some of his sons antics

13. Likes: andyone (3rd August 2016)