Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Hard one again, but given what a great race he was having, Palmer must get a mention for the spin. He has yet to really look comfy in F1 sadly.
    The spin has not been properly analyzed by the team yet. The first instinct is to blame the driver, there may be other factors involved. If it turns out to be driver error, an Ocon swap in for 2017 would look increasingly likely. F1 is a very unforgiving environment to work in. You only get one chance and a rookie driver must seize that opportunity with near faultless [top of their game] performances in the first year to make it into the second. I suppose the best way to judge him, is to look at him relative to other rookie that joined the season this year.
    He certainly has not performed to Wehlein's level. He has made a good effort to keep up with Magnussen but if you had to choose between Palmer and Haryanto, which would you pick?
    I think Palmer needs to up his game in the 2nd half of the season or it is bye bye F1.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Force India / Perez for whatever the hell happened on that pit stop
    That's the most obvious Donkey that I saw. I'm used to seeing clown stops from Williams, but that was very unlike Force India. Esteban Gutiérrez's dodgy driving, while ignoring blue flags, would be my solid second choice. If he'd really balked Hamilton and allowed Rosberg to pass, I could see Hamilton channeling Senna and b!tch slapping Gutiérrez after the race. I don't know what happened to Palmer that took him off track. But his erratic driving, as he came back on (almost got into Hamilton, I think - camera cut away as Hamilton rounded him up), puts him on my Donkey Podium.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

3. Likes: truefan72 (24th July 2016)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Palmer for throwing away his first point(s) and his pit-crew's excellent work.
    yup
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Palmer and the Stewards.
    If moving twice in the braking zone is illegal then why no penalty for Verstapen? Also it now appears that it's OK to get a purple sector under double yellows as long as you are seen to have lifted and lost a tenth? That's a very dangerous precedent to set IMO.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Verstapen!!

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    In order to be fair, we also gotta mention Kvyat. 16th. It's a foregone conclusion that he will be leaving the Red Bull, if not F1 completely, camp after this season.

Liked 190 Times in 108 Posts
    I'm going to go with the FIA again.